Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-01-04, 11:43pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Glass Stock West and East Now OPEN Sign up!

Hi all you glass lovers!

I am letting you all know that entries are now welcome for Glass Stock East and West! More information can be found at debcrowley.com, click on the east or west pages.

This is our (drum roll...) 10th YEAR!!!!
Our featured artists are incredible this year, for West we have John Kobuki and Jodie McDougall, this is going to be awesome!

For East we have the amazing Roger Parramore (wow), Lisa St Martin and Marcy Lamberson!
We also have some new instructors along with our devoted staff, the line up for each event will be posted as follows: West schedule will be up by March 15, East schedule by April 15th.

You just have to enter for now, payments for tuition are not due until June for West and July for East. That gives you time to peruse the schedules before you pay tuition!

Due to demand we may have a "lottery draw" for either event...but chances are good most if not all will make it in. NO jurying in, just come and join the fun! I can't wait, these events are really the highlight of the glassy year for me, my staff and many of the attendees. Don't miss your chance to be a part of the ever-growing Glass Stock families!

Happy New Year, may you be blessed with as much inspiration as Glass Stock brings to all of us!
deb crowley and the GS teams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-06, 3:19pm
I'm meeeeelting

Oooh. Awesome. I see some murrini making in my future. And John Kobuki? Can't wait!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-01-08, 9:37pm

This is definitely the highlight of the year for me! I'd better get practicing so I can demo something interesting...I can't wait for Glass Stock 10!!
Yay Jody! Hope you don't mind rank newbies in your class. I'll pretend I know what I'm doing.

Last edited by brendah; 2012-01-08 at 9:49pm.
Old 2012-01-10, 12:19am

aww! I want to go to Glass Stock East too!!
Old 2012-01-13, 9:53am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, sweetie.
I have been begging Jodie for years to teach...guess she finally gave in, with John too this is going to be a fantastic year! Sign up is going great!

Brenda...you are too cute,
I know Jodie won't mind....she is so sweet!

East sure was a blast last year, especially for the first year. Great teachers, great venue and super great attendees! It is a lot of work doing another one back to back but it is so much fun I can't resist!

deb

Old 2012-01-13, 9:44pm

Deb isn't there usually a link to sign up? Or did we just send it to the email? For some reason I can't remember

Old 2012-01-14, 10:24am

Yippee!!! John and Jodie are my idols would love to go again this year. Just a note for all the newbies out there who haven't gone to this event GO! you won't regret it. And a note for the more experienced GO! you won't regret it. The teachers that teach at the gathering can meet you on what ever level you are at. After the gathering last year I was flying on the high I received for over a month of getting home, I still haven't tried everything I learned but it did give me the confidence to get a bigger torch and push the boundaries of the skills I had. Thanks Deb if there is anything I can do from this end of the world (lol) let me know.

Old 2012-01-15, 1:16pm
Angel's Mom

Here's the link for GS West signups: http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html
Old 2012-01-17, 9:35am
Wooohooo,GS!

AW, Deb, you rock! I really enjoyed meeting you and sure glad you pushed your envelope after GS. I still haven't tried some of the things I saw/learned last year either...sure makes my muse happy!

John and Jodie..I know...killer line up! We can always use help, the closer to the event the more we need it...will let you know, thank you for the offer!

Kris, thanks for posting the link sweetie....and we would LOVE to have you do the silk dying class again, everyone loved that class! I may have you jump in for 1-2 more, will see as I work the schedule. LOTS of new classes proposed this year..it is going to be hard to choose!

Lori and all others PLEASE use this link to get the current year's email address! Especially since we have 2 events....entries need to go to the correct event!

If you didn't go to the site and use GSEast@debcrowley.com or GSWest@debcrowley.com you should probably reapply!

deb

Old 2012-01-18, 8:24pm

Hey Deb! Let me know if I can help in any way also 'cept I might be spelling challenged (sorry Jodie!)

Brenda
Old 2012-01-18, 9:45pm

Oh no Brenda you think they are looking for people who can spell, well maybe they will let me change the water jug. lol

Old 2012-01-21, 1:21am

If Deb C is looking for a "Stairmaster" I'm going to hide behind Dave!
Old 2012-01-21, 11:19am
Always with a smile!

Hey Everyone, with the floods in OR Deb may be out of communication for awhile, please continue to sign up using the links below. If you have any questions you can pm me Thanks

If you didn't go to the site and use GSEast@debcrowley.com or GSWest@debcrowley.com you should probably reapply!

deb [/quote]

) and
)
Old 2012-01-23, 4:54pm
Type ZZZ personality

Squeeeee!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-01-23, 7:10pm
I like to melt things

I wait with anticipation every year now, and can't imagine how to deal with it if I'm not drawn in the lottery. I would have to just come anyway and crash the party I think, the withdrawal would be that bad.

-
-
Old 2012-01-24, 9:43am
Wooohooo,GS!

Jill, thank you for holding down the GS fort! HWY 101 was closed a mile north of me for a few hours day before yesterday, last 2 days been down to one lane with west side lane totally collapsed. Most HWYS headed inland have had sections closed for a week!

Floods are crazy here....we have had more than 15" of rain in 2 weeks, my pond became Lake Crowley as it rose in the yard! Luckily none of my trees came down, several on the street did. Winds are back up to gusts of 65MPH and with the saturated ground my trees are barely holding up. Maybe I should start on the ark?

Thanks for all the offers of help! Brenda and Deb....no, won't make you guys do the stair duty...maybe we'll draw straws, lol! We surely can use the help!

I have gotten lots of great class ideas and some submissions...remember, ALL submissions need to be in by March 1st with all info for each class in an email (PLEASE separate them, easier to update web that way!) You will be notified either way by March 10th for GS West or May 1st for GS East which classes were chosen. Class selections will be posted on my site on GS pages by March 15th (GSW) or May 15th (GSE)! We have a LOT of torch classes to pick from, the "other" classes would stand a great chance of getting you in to teach and reduce that tuition!

Patty, right!

Melanie you are so cute....we are sooooo happy to have you be a part of our family!

Thanks again for all your prayers, hands on help and humor during this crazy weather last 2 weeks...I really have the best friends!!!!!!!!
xoxo deb

Last edited by deb c; 2012-01-24 at 9:46am.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:47pm
I'm meeeeelting

Yikes! Stay safe and dry.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-01-24, 8:45pm
Light My Torch

deb
I will send you a paddle so that your not up a creek without a paddle!!
jeri

Old 2012-01-24, 9:52pm
honorary bead lady

Wish I could afford it!
Old 2012-01-25, 8:50am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, you are so sweet! I hope you are submitting classes again.....pleeze???

Jeri, thanks doll, one could always use a paddle...I do have 2 canoes...been thinking I might tie them to my porch in case we need to make a quick "paddle away", lol!

David, you might think about the hardship scholarships we award each year. Go to the event page (East or West) and follow the instructions. A different staff member chooses each year, we do not announce who won them as we do not want anyone singled out. There are some very deserving folks who have really had tough times that received them, and it made a big difference (I have heard "life-changing" a LOT with lots of thanks) which is why I continue to offer the scholarships. Good luck and hope to see you there!

deb

Old 2012-01-25, 12:26pm

As a recipient of a partial scholarship last year I want to publicly thank Deb and her staff for choosing me. I have really had some huge health issues since attending glass stock last summer and when I think of all the wonderful people at GS and Deb I almost want cry. The memories of the classes that I took and the people I met and lampworked together with has held me over through the tough times. I have been at GS for a few years now and it is my annual trek I have to go. It keeps me filled with joy and a comradery with other lampworkers. It is more than just glass if you can believe that. Glass being pretty much everything in our lives outside of family. This event brings all those people online to life. If you even think you qualify for a scholarship write that letter to Deb and her staff. It doesn't have to be fancy, just let them know what is going on and it just might happen for you. What a gift. Everyone is deserving it is worth the try.
Old 2012-01-25, 5:32pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, yes! I have a couple of new class ideas that I'm working on and am very excited about (one that I need to make and photograph another sample or two and the other that I need to make sure will work the way I want it to and then photograph). I hope to have submissions in to you within a couple of weeks.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-01-29, 10:00am
Wooohooo,GS!

Jo, what a sweetheart you are! We always love having you! It makes me feel so good to hear what a difference it makes for people to get a scholarship! I have had such a hard time choosing (I would say yes to every applicant, lol) that 5 years ago I started selecting a different staff member each year to decide who got the scholarships. You will always be part of my family Jo! xoxoxo

Felicia, woohoo! So glad you are submitting classes, they loved your classes last year!

BIG glassy hugs!
deb

Old 2012-01-29, 12:44pm
I'm meeeeelting

That's great to hear. Thanks. I've been playing with an idea and it's fun! I'll have that submission to you as soon as I get a couple of pics taken. I have another one in the works but I need to make samples yet, so that may be another week or so.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-02-05, 8:24pm

I will cry if I don't get in. Oh, I hate to even imagine not being able to go to Glass Stock!!
Felicia, I hope you are teaching your enamels class, I wish I'd taken it last time.
Old 2012-02-06, 12:43am
I'm meeeeelting

Brendah, I'm proposing a couple of different classes this year, but if you remind me closer to the date to bring some enamels, I'm happy to do some stuff with you at open torch. Too bad you're a ways away. I'm teaching a 2-day enamels class in Seattle in a few weeks.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-02-06, 11:48pm

ooh! Now I need to move more north for all my glass addictions
Old 2012-02-09, 8:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw Brenda, you sweet darling woman! I would cry if you didn't attend too, you are ALWAYS a huge help before and after....you are a GEM! Yes, you need to move north I tell ya!

Felicia, thanks sweetheart...you are always so willing to share, we love that! That is what makes our staff so great, their willingness to share and inspire!

Seems so long to wait but I know after Vegas (end of March) time starts flying!
xoxoxo deb

Old 2012-02-09, 6:57pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
Felicia, thanks sweetheart...you are always so willing to share, we love that! That is what makes our staff so great, their willingness to share and inspire!
It's what makes GS so great - staff and participants sharing the glassy love!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-02-09, 7:34pm
Wooohooo,GS!

You know it Felicia, the attendees really open up and share their secrets once the dreaded demonstrations are over! By the last night you can't tear them away from the torches...wonderful!