Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-06-19, 5:34pm

Bray, sent you a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-06-20, 7:22am
The Venerable Bead

the golfing turtle is cute. I used to collect turtle figurines when I was little and I had a golfing turtle so that brings back memories.

here are some bezel set boro cabs.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-06-20, 7:31am
Harold Williams Cooney

^^^^ nicely done!!!

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-06-20, 7:37am
The Venerable Bead

thank you harold. that means alot coming from you.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-06-20, 3:26pm

Spent some time going through my picture files and came across this one. It's one that I had initially set in a ring during a class in November....I wasn't happy with it, so I remade back in January. Not as pretty as Heather's bezel set cabs though! Love those!!!!!

An older design of mine, I had stopped making them for various reasons....but I like them and I'm happy to be making them again. This is one of the latest ones.

Old 2010-06-21, 9:34am
Boro Brat

Damn, some really nice work in here. A couple pieces from me:

Old 2010-06-21, 4:54pm

Those are really lovely, Pipyr!!! I really like the colour scheme on the second one with the blues coming through.
I really like the idea of such a deep bezel, Kim, and the hammered look goes really nicely with the smoothness of the glass!

here's a couple new things from me,
Martini Enlightenment and an iPipe ... I've got a whole bunch of unfinished pipes sitting around from last year, I don't really make pipes and I don't really sell them, either ... I need to finish them all off sometime, though, and make some space :/
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-06-22, 9:55am
Torchaholic ;)

Very Nice work everyone, wicked dig the martini glass

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-06-22, 12:24pm

Thank you, Wicked! I love contrasts!! Martini Enlightenment is stunning!!!
Pipyr, gorgeous!!! Can't wait until I can blow the dust off my setup!

Old 2010-06-25, 12:31pm

Wow...Everything is so amazing!

Ok...let me leave now before I drool all over the forum...
Old 2010-06-26, 5:59am

Thank you kim...
Everyone has been posting such wonderful stuff!
This boro gallery is awesome!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2010-06-26, 8:50am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

wicked, your eye pipe rocks
Old 2010-06-27, 11:07pm

Just getting back on the torch and i'm super rusty, and as you can see, I'm no good with a camera.
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-29, 7:56pm

i LOVE that eye! such great work on this page all!!!!!!!!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2010-06-30, 2:21am

Default "Celestial Landings" Paperweights

Something we've been working on...

Old 2010-06-30, 2:43am

Default Orchid Marble

Good morning,

first of all I want to introduce myself since I was following this board for some time now but never posted anything.
My name is Michael, I am 38 and living in Austria. I started with softglass in 2008 und work with boro for 2 months now. I am going to post a more detailed introduction later today.

I have started to make marbles about 1 month ago and would like to show you my latest baby - fresh from the kiln yesterday - Orchid Marble V1.0 with a diameter of 38mm:

Next I am working on reducing the tiny airbubbles and I need to get the back of the petals where they all join more flat and add a pedicel – but have no idea right now what the best way to handle that would be.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited by Fairytalebeads; 2010-06-30 at 3:10am.
Old 2010-06-30, 6:38am

Great eye and pendants Pypr.
Love the martini glasses Wickedglass.
Glad to hear your back on the torch borosilli. It's tough being away from it.
Beautiful paperweight Synergy Glass.
Gotta love the Orchid Marble Micheal - nice intro.

Denise
Old 2010-06-30, 7:33am
Harold Williams Cooney

Getting some good stuff in here at the end of the month. Thank you all for sharing.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-06-30, 7:55am

beautiful orchid. i love the separation from the center and leaves. well done. im not sure what you mean by trying to get the back more flat and add to it??? you mean the bottom 'tail' of the color?
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2010-06-30, 8:11am

Thanks - glad to hear you like my orchid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro View Post
im not sure what you mean by trying to get the back more flat and add to it??? you mean the bottom 'tail' of the color?
I ment the bottom of the implosion where all petals come together to a single point. So what I try to achieve is that the outer row of petals is kind of "flat" and they all come together to a nice flat point (plane). Exactly there I would like to add a peduncle (is this the right English word?) and add some more clear to the bottom and shape it round.

Hope you understand my "problem" now.

Cheers
Michael

Old 2010-06-30, 8:12am

GOOD NEWS, things are finally starting to look up after the recent disastrous events over the last two months! I got a call yesterday afternoon and to my delight both my tattoo pieces were accepted into the glass prize, not only that, but my partner Laurie entered a piece as well and her work was also accepted! Not only that, Laurie also found out yesterday that a gallery we sell through has sold a major work of her's and as if that wasn't enough great news for one day, I got a commission for making a work someone had seen at a recent exhibition, but ... twice the size! And not only that, but it seems that the work which was admitted into the previously mentioned glass prize will be featured as part of an article in Vogue magazine .... and speaking of published, I got some copies of the Flow today with my Dragon Eye tutorial in it ... aaah, I'm all dizzy ... what a day!

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:00am
Normal is Boring!!

wickedglass- with your work- nothing suprises me! I was just wondering how the hell I could get my hands on your work- appearently I'm not alone. Congrats- well deserved.

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2010-07-02, 1:06am

That is excellent, and very well-deserved!

Old 2010-07-02, 6:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWCGlass View Post
Depart for Bead and Button in the morning . . .
Seriously this is amazing!

R-118
Old 2010-07-02, 6:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Nice work everybody! Holy shit Harold! I wish I could go and see them in person!
These are some freeform and squiggly whatchamacallits I've been goofing around with.

Why is this page so wiiiiide???
Wonderful!!!

R-118