Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-03-24, 10:08pm
Broken

Default Getting rid of white space? Picture It

How do I get rid of the white space around my photos? I am using Picture It. Right now I crop the photo, resize it to fit the page and save it. I don't know how to get rid of the white around the edges when my crop doesn't "fit" the page? Anyone??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-25, 3:17am
Bitten by the travel bug

hmm, I have never used that software, so I cant help specifically. But you are limited to what you can do, especially if you need the final image to be a certain size. if the final size doesnt matter, you would just select the 'picture' area, then crop. eg

I guess thats obvious. So, im asusming you need the image to stay a certain size? In that case, i think you are limited. You are going to distort the image if crop it, but keep the side measurements the same - ie it will be stretched in one direction or another.
eg
the only other thing you can do is 'fill' the offending white area. Thats what I did to make Lynnie's avatar - her images were very different sizes, so on some of them I copied the background and 'painted' it over the blank areas. but I use photoshop, which is very sophisticated for this kind of work...I really know nothing about your software, sorry.
Here is an example of what I mean......

Old 2006-03-25, 7:12am
Sorry for party rockin'

I use Picture It too . . . .and I bet your problem happens when you resize to fit page. I never do that and I don't get those white borders.

I'll sharpen and tweak the contrast and/or brightness, then I'll crop just around the bead . . . then when I go to resize I use the resize button over on the left menu. I will change the numbers in the pixel boxes. For me, I always make my full sized images 500 high, for my website thumbnails I make them 200 high. Your image will look weird after you resize, but look up in the upper right hand corner where it shows the percentage that your image is displayed. Change that to 100% and it will look good again.

I bet whatever you're doing to "fit page" is what's messing you up.

Old 2006-03-26, 10:41am
Gentleman of Leisure

When you crop picture..Try to resize "standard" page to fit details of cropped picture....

I use Irfanview, simply copy area I want, do delete and then paste... New picture and no "white" page areas... It deals with picture sizes and not page sizes....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-03-26 at 10:43am.