LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-03, 6:04am

Default Hades help please

Any tips gratefully received. I have waited so long to get this glass that I have now forgotten what I thought I wanted it for and can't think at the moment what I should try it with.

Lesley

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy shop:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-03, 6:24am
Life is change. Love it

It is a very dense black, so can be layered thinly without looking purple. It is fantastic with silver or with silver glass colours.

Old 2009-03-03, 10:04am
da General

What Carolyn said! I use silver leaf on Hades, then decorate with silver glass (twisties or stringers) . . . it's an amazing glass!

|
|
|
|
Old 2009-03-03, 11:17am
Living Life Creatively

Smile

Hi! *Ü*

I'll pitch in and say that Hades is by far my fave black and I use it all the time. I love to pull really thin stringers and randomly dab and swirl it on an organic base, then super heat and watch it web out. Just like Intense Black, but so much cheaper!
*Ü* Lori
-
-
-
Old 2009-03-03, 11:26am
I speak Murrini!

Hades does cool stuff when rolled in Silver Leaf and burned in!!! I added Poppy dots on these, and melted them in SLOWLY...gives a neat "universe" effect...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-04, 9:25am
Sucks at being nice

Those are sweet De!

Old 2009-03-04, 11:22am

Hades is wonderful with dark ivory or coral... applied as a hair stringer it will web under heat....

Old 2009-03-04, 7:05pm

Oooo Cool effect Deanne!
Old 2009-03-07, 10:28am

Hades is my favorite glass of all time! Make a silvered stringer of any color glass and put it on a base of Hades - melt all the way in. Then expose the bead to a very gentle reducing flame. This was with silvered Vetro Coral on a Hades base - no other colors or silver used.

These were also with silvered Vetro Coral over a Hades base, encased in Diamond Clear

I've tried this with other black glass and Hades is the only one that gives this reaction.

Old 2009-03-07, 10:50am
Likes to melt stuff...

For what it's worth, I've noticed that the non-silver glasses which play best with the silver glasses have a bit of a pink flare when they're melting -- Hades does that and so does Diamond Clear.
Old 2009-03-07, 1:57pm

Neato! Now I can go play with my full pound of Hades..

J
Old 2009-03-07, 4:04pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz View Post
Hades is my favorite glass of all time! Make a silvered stringer of any color glass and put it on a base of Hades - melt all the way in. Then expose the bead to a very gentle reducing flame. This was with silvered Vetro Coral on a Hades base - no other colors or silver used.

These were also with silvered Vetro Coral over a Hades base, encased in Diamond Clear

I've tried this with other black glass and Hades is the only one that gives this reaction.

Those are fabulous! Do you know if that would work with any of the moretti corals?

Old 2009-03-08, 1:24pm

I've never tried with Moretti Corals, but do know you can get the iridescent blue with lots of other colors. The silver seems to be the key.

Old 2009-03-08, 3:20pm

Carol...how do you get the blues all the way across the base bead of hades? Those are really cool reactions!!!!

Hades is stiffer too so it does tend to take a wee bit longer to melt in

Old 2009-03-09, 8:39am

Thank you all so much for your help, I will try all of these, those beads are gorgeous De and those blue ones are unbeleivable with just black glass, amazing.

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy shop: