No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-12, 1:08am
Frustrated Artist

Default Cattwalk vs ZooZiis

Right now I only have Zooziis presses but I have been told that I should get the Cattwalk Lentil.
I like the post on the Zooziis so I get things lined up every time. I have heard you get the same using the Cattwalk base.
I also like the idea of getting a reversible base on the Cattwalk presses

So Please tell me what you all think of the different brands.

Thanks all
D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-12, 4:40am
Beadmaking.nl

Ik love the Zooizii stamps more because you don't need a base. I put the stamp on my grafiteblock on my burner and then I press... I show it in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqwheQw64nw

Old 2009-02-12, 5:08am
On A Lampwork Hiatus

I am a fan of Cattwalk Presses although I have both. The base is not that hard to deal with and you can change them out with one hand. I love my cattwalk lentil. The reversible bases are great too especiall the dual crunch as the flat bottom is super.
Old 2009-02-12, 4:08pm

I am pretty new to lampworking, what would you reccomend getting for a first press. what is the one you use the most...thanks
Old 2009-02-12, 4:10pm
I need more boro stuff

I prefer Cattwalk presses.

I had few Zooziis before but I'm having problem with pins. So I sold all but the crystal trio.

Old 2009-02-12, 4:20pm

I use both. My two favorites are the Cattwalk Standard Crunch and the Zooziis Large Straight Sided Lentil.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-02-12, 4:20pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenred View Post
I am pretty new to lampworking, what would you reccomend getting for a first press. what is the one you use the most...thanks
I think the easiest one to start out with and give you the feel for pressing is Cattwalk's Dual Crunch.. Its open ended so you don't have to get a perfect size.
Old 2009-02-12, 4:32pm
It's all about the color.

Mikes Brass for Glass works similar to Zooziis.

I actually have about 12 presses, one of them custom made for me by Zoosiis. BUT (and here is the crazy part), I can count on one had the number of pressed beads I've made. I love them all though and wouldn't part with any of them.

There's other brands out there, but I'll leave them to others to mention.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2009-02-12, 4:49pm
Dichro Addict

I love both Zooziis and Cattwalk presses. I buy totally based on what shape/size I want.

Old 2009-02-12, 5:13pm

Well I have 24 presses. Both Cattwalk and Zooziis. I like both for different reasons. As for the Lentil, I do prefer the Zooziis Large Straight sided Lentil.

Yes I am a tool ho, but like Kay, I can count on, okay maybe not one hand but both hands, the times I have used them...LOL

J
Old 2009-02-12, 6:05pm

I would like to see someone make a long lean bicone shape press. I really really SUCK at making that shape.

J
Old 2009-02-12, 6:32pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

I have 31 presses and some I use maybe once a year but I love them all and still have a long list of the ones I want. LOL.. My favorite by far is the Tabulator, its not really a press but I used it a ton.

I find handshaping bicones much easier but darn if I could ever get 2 the exact same size and shape.
Old 2009-02-13, 5:08pm
too many rods in the fire

I have Cattwalk and Zoozii's presses also and love them both, for different reasons! But I agree with the vote for a Cattwalk Crunch press as a great press for a newbie - or anybody! I love mine and use it more than all my other presses combined. I have the wide crunch #2 which is awesome for bigger beads, although you can also do small beads in it. Very versatile.

There's a learning curve with presses regardless. With the ones with pins, you have to get it lined up right and with the ones without pins you have to get it... lined up right! But they are great tools and fun to use once you get the hang on them.