Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-12-19, 12:33pm

Default horse

Hey I am looking for a tutorial or any thing to show me how to make a small horse. any thing will help thanks
PS I am verry new to glass blowing so the easyer the better!
Old 2009-12-19, 1:33pm
honorary bead lady

Use the search this forum tool and search Horses
Old 2009-12-19, 2:53pm

I actually took photos of some horses and tried to make some horse beads myself a while ago using the pictures as a guide..... they were a bit ugly but at least horse-like.
First Effort

about 5th effort I tried a 2 hole button

I found that mine were sort of half way between a realistic horse and a cartoonish one so I have been trying to improve and this is the latest one (with HUGE scary eyes....aaarrrgh)

I hope my mistakes help with some ideas, they are done completely on mandrel but I have seen some lovely ones using off mandrel techniques if you prefer that.

It is still feeling like a long process to get those beautiful horses like some of the ladies make............sigh!

Nat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-19, 3:07pm
I fart diamonds

http://www.nightingalegallery.com/ma...horse_bead.htm

Old 2009-12-25, 8:09am

Just an FYI.....Nat....I think your horses are BEAUTIFUL!!!

gail

Cricket w/ 5 lpm Oxycon
Old 2010-01-01, 10:37pm

Shawnette,
Thanks for posting that link, I have always wanted to make some or at least try.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com