Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-09-29, 10:21am

Default Bead release?

I've always used Arrow Springs' Dip-and-go Sludge bead release, but since they're no longer selling Effetre I don't want to pay their exorbitant shipping costs just for a jar of bead release. Anyone have experience with Devardi's brand of bead release or Wale Apparatus' Fusion Flame Dry Bead Release?

Visit my Etsy shop for replicas of medieval beads and ironwork:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-09-29, 10:46am
Slogan Challenged...

if you are wanting to put bead release with your order, Devardi can get a bad rap but I never had any problems with their release. I have no experience with Fusion.

I use Alices Bead release now. It's all she sells so you can't bundle it, but she ships it dry so you get four times the amount of bead release for the price, at least! and shipping is included. I found it was worth the investment as a 1 lb bag lasts me about 4-5 months and I torch pretty regularly.

Lots of opinions on bead release!

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2014-09-29, 12:00pm
Storm Queen

I recently switched from Dip & Go to Fusion. I wish I had known how good it was years ago.

Old 2014-10-02, 7:34am
Glass-aholic

If you plan on using it long term they do free or 5$ shipping on orders over 75 a lot. When this happens I get the 4pack and pick out a tool or frit or something and I'm over. If you contact them directly you can mix and match the 4 varieties. (I do 2/2 dip n go and sludge blue- as I like mixing them) I'll have bead release for the next 2 years and it only cost me $5 shipping.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-10-02, 1:46pm
JennyD

I used Devardi at first, didn't have much luck with it. Never tried Fusion.

I use ForsterFire now. I really like it.

...I'd rather be beading!

Old 2014-10-02, 1:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

Fusion.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-10-02, 9:06pm
Uh Oh....

+1 for Fusion. Love the stuff.

Old 2014-10-03, 4:15am
Another band aid pleeeze

I have always used Fusion. Love it!!