Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-01-29, 6:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Very nice colors Sonya!
Thanks Brent! The most gorgeous colors are by my husband, lol.
Can't wait to see your stuff in Tucson!

edited to add....yeah, Paula, it's electric blue! I don't know how he does it, it's not even blue glass! I layer the same colors he does and use the same torch and end up with purple beads, go figure...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-29, 7:01pm
The Venerable Bead

wow kim. if thats NT#1 please post that in the contest thread! beautiful work!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-01-29, 7:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead View Post
wow kim. if thats NT#1 please post that in the contest thread! beautiful work!!!
Yes, Paula, it the NT#1 frit. I'm almost out of the sample I bought. I will definitely order more! Already posted in the contest thread. These were done near the end of my torching session. I was tired of battling the round beads so I went with something I could actually do well...well, sort of well Thanks!

Old 2007-01-30, 3:32am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentaymom View Post
It's pretty intimidating to post pics of my stuff with all of you very talented people, but here goes anyways!
Sorry for the crappy photos!

I think the lint and pins are an especially nice touch in this one! LOL!
Lint, cat hair, my favorite, what's the difference! It's the beads that stand out! Nice job, keep on posting!

Old 2007-01-30, 3:34am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Whoa, Kim this ROCKS!

Old 2007-01-30, 3:35am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
Jo - it is still pretty - it looks like a crumpled candy wrapper.
I agree, that should be your marketing strategy!

Old 2007-01-30, 4:56am

Carrie,
Thanks for the kind words.

Old 2007-01-30, 7:30am
Satake Woman!

Ha! Since Smiley man is gone, I will hog with all of my latest boro attempts. It is kind of nice to switch from boro to Satake. (I'm doing a Satake article for the next Annealer issue!)
Attached Images

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-01-30, 7:30am
Satake Woman!

And more, just because I can!
Attached Images

Old 2007-01-30, 7:31am
Satake Woman!

Now can someone tell me why I'm getting so many little bubbles in my implosions?

Old 2007-01-30, 7:56am
stacijane on Etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead View Post
staci, you should be proud of those beads they are very nice. I especially like the blue wig wags
Thanks Paula, the base of those is actually the turquoise I sent you for the sister/brotherhood game. I couldn't tell you what I used for the blue, I'm terrible about labeling my glass!

Thanks for the nice compliments Carrie! (although in my house the hair is normally dog hair! LOL!)

Old 2007-01-30, 8:30am

Sweet stuff in here!

Paula: WHAT CONTEST???????????

Jo
Old 2007-01-30, 1:54pm
The Venerable Bead

this contest Jo [http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=44579]

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-01-30, 1:57pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmaw View Post
Now can someone tell me why I'm getting so many little bubbles in my implosions?
If the glass boils a little it will cause the little bubbles. My amateur opinion.

Nice work!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-01-30, 9:01pm
The Venerable Bead

Jo I love that squiggle implosion.
here are two Val lewis inspired stones. I put bails on mine
Attached Images

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-01-31, 7:06am

ALRIGHT, THAT DOES IT!!! I HAVE TO MAKE A STONE NOW!!

(that means I have to clean off the table and put away the soft glass again!) Sheez....

Old 2007-01-31, 5:05pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Wow, what I have been missing!

Hi everyone,
Paula/Venbead sent me here, I didn't know boro people had a secret S&T! I just went through all of it, fantastic work and colors. Will there be another one for February work?
Here's one from me and one from my DD Zora aka "studio wench".

Seachange

Mermaid Dream

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2007-01-31, 6:08pm
Dangerous Woman

They are both beautiful but I REALLY the 1st one!!!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-01-31, 6:12pm
The Venerable Bead

well Don it's about time you found us! we weren't hiding honest! . they stuck us in a back alley cause we are dirty little boro girls and boys.
lovely work from you and your daughter. I'm so excited for Zora's debut! I hope she rocks the bay!

— Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-01-31 at 6:15pm.
Old 2007-02-01, 4:01am
Nah, not really...;)

Nice job Jo, you are kicking it!
Paula, love your colors!
I would've copied a pic from both of your posts, but I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrsmith View Post
Will there be another one for February work?
Mermaid Dream
Don, yummy heart!
And yepperz, somebody needs to start a new February thread, IMO.

Old 2007-02-01, 11:47am
Fire and Fluidity

Thank you Carrie, I'll tell Zora you liked it. She really likes your colors!

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.