Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-02-04, 4:36pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Default Everyone get their GA LOVE OUR Customers list yet?

I'm getting way excited! Last year, I spent way too much money
on this sale, but it was SO worth it. The prices are ridiculously low,
so if you're looking to save money on boro this is the sale you've
been holding out for.

I will add, that I'm in no way, shape or form affiliated with Glass Alchemy
(other than being a total ho for their products) - I'm just posting this out of
the good will of my heart .

Here's the newsletter in case you didn't get it. Glass goes on sale
(when else?) on Valentines day! Get your lists ready! They have sample packs
on sale too! I got a full rod assortment last time for a fraction of the normal cost. If you're just starting out and don't know what to get, that's a great
place to start.

Quote:
Greetings Alchemists -

The Glass Alchemy Annual We Love Our Customers Sale is less than two weeks away. Do you want to know what is going to be on sale? Well, read on...

Details On Sale Items

In response to your requests, this year orders for the We Love Our Customers Sale will be placed online at glassalchemy.com. Detailed information will be coming your way soon, in the meantime we wanted to provide you with a list of colors that will be on sale and a few other details.

In order to help you out in these tough economic times, Glass Alchemy has decided to raise the quality of our Occasional glass by combining it with our Out of Tolerance glass (which is high quality glass, falling short of first quality standards due to varying diameter and length). This new Glass Alchemy offering is called Occasional Quality Glass (OCQ) and we believe we are providing you with a better product, extending the value of your dollar. One pound bundles of OCQ will be on sale from $13.00 - $18.00.

Each Friday we will have a new Deal of the Week, presenting you with extra special savings on select OCQ colors. We will also have a selection of first quality and OCQ glass available at clearance prices - up to 75% off! Be sure to check out glassalchemy.com for exclusive details on clearance item as we get closer to Valentine's Day. If you are into killer deals, make sure you stay up-to-date with The Forumla.

Sample packs and other items will also be available at sale prices.

Get Ready to Stock Up and Save on Glass Alchemy Occasional Quality Glass!
Red Crayon, 104 - OCQ
Indian Red Crayon, 106 - OCQ
Jasper Red, 132 - OCQ
Ruby Strike, 138 - OCQ
Coral Blush, 1382 - OCQ
Cherrywood, 139 - OCQ
Orange Crayon, 204 - OCQ
Orange-Red Crayon, 208 - OCQ
Tequila Sunrise, 2380 - OCQ
Persimmon Strike, 2383 - OCQ
Amazon Bronze, 287 - OCQ
Acid Yellow Crayon, 301 - OCQ
Rasta Gold Crayon, 302 - OCQ
Yellow Crayon, 304 - OCQ
Warm Yellow, 381 - OCQ
Solara, 382 - OCQ
Silver Strike-5, 385 - OCQ
Purple Luster, 386 - OCQ
Caramel Luster, 388 - OCQ
Chartreuse Crayon, 403 - OCQ
Olive Green Crayon, 406 - OCQ
Alchemy Mint, 441 - OCQ
Clover, 444 - OCQ
Turquoise, 445 - OCQ
Agua Azul, 446 - OCQ
Spanish Moss, 447 - OCQ
Clover Chameleon, 4484 - OCQ
Green Sparkle, 458 - OCQ
Kryptonite, 461 - OCQ
Paris Green-2, 4642 - OCQ
Paris Green-6, 4646 - OCQ
Spring Luster, 481 - OCQ
Dragon's Eye, 4838 - OCQ
Agua Chameleon, 4846 -OCQ
Amazon Jewel, 487 - OCQ
Aquatic Carnival, 489 - OCQ
Cobalt Lite, 510 - OCQ
Cobalt-1, 511 - OCQ
Cobalt-2, 512 - OCQ
Cobalt-4, 514 - OCQ
Cobalt-5, 515 - OCQ
Cobalt-6, 516 - OCQ
Blue Passion, 5186 - OCQ
Caramel Blues, 5188 - OCQ
Bibidibobidiblue, 5192 - OCQ
Lapis Blue, 5195 - OCQ
Peacock, 546 - OCQ
Peacock Chameleon, 5486 - OCQ
Twilight Chameleon, 5488 - OCQ
Jupiter Sparkle, 555 - OCQ
Havana Moon Lite, 5813 - OCQ
Amazon Lagoon, 587 - OCQ
Brilliant Blue, 592 - OCQ
Blue Luster, 597 - OCQ
Indigo Luster, 683 - OCQ
Grape, 773 - OCQ
Dark Plum, 775 - OCQ
Triple Passion, 786 - OCQ
Chocolate Crayon, 804 - OCQ
Beryl, 833 - OCQ
Amazon Canyon, 8387 - OCQ
Bronze Sparkle, 8458 - OCQ
Black Walnut, 8475 - OCQ
Sienna Brown, 864 - OCQ
Jamboree, 8989 - OCQ
Black Violet, 974 - OCQ
Raven, 9749 - OCQ
Black Pearl, 9789 - OCQ
Amazon Night, 987 - OCQ
Black Blue, 993 - OCQ
Disco Sparkle, 9958 - OCQ
Portland Gray, 9992 - OCQ
Sno White, 9995 - OCQ

As always, we would love to hear your feedback, thoughts and suggestions as we evolve with you.

Sincerely,

Susan Webb-Grimmett

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-04, 5:17pm
Tamara Knight

and they always send chocolates, frit samples, and rod samples too.
Old 2009-02-04, 5:46pm

I'm trying to whittle that list down to what is remotely reasonable. I plan on going there Saturday....
Old 2009-02-04, 7:21pm
ManBearPig

Hmm... I didn't get it. Maybe they don't like me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-04, 8:20pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Hmm... I didn't get it. Maybe they don't like me...
Oh, I doubt that! You do awesome work sweets.
Drop them an email and let them know you're not on the list.

Old 2009-02-04, 8:31pm

Have ya'all tried the OCQ with good results? I think I got some seconds from precision and they were fine. Just wanted to know your experience with the OCQ and Out of Tolerance.

Old 2009-02-05, 7:13am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Oh, I doubt that! You do awesome work sweets.
Drop them an email and let them know you're not on the list.
I get all the other e-mails. Just didn't get that one.

Old 2009-02-05, 12:47pm

Do you have a spam filter or junk box it might have gotten into those. I know ocassionaly I will get an e-mail from some one that I have previously received from but for some unknown reason it goes to my junk box.

I did get mine and I am so torn as I'm trying to save to go to the Gathering but they sure aren't making it easy I tell ya.
Old 2009-02-05, 2:19pm
Seeker of Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandsha View Post
Have ya'all tried the OCQ with good results? I think I got some seconds from precision and they were fine. Just wanted to know your experience with the OCQ and Out of Tolerance.
I'm interested in hearing about this too. I saw that it was OCQ and wasn't sure what that meant. Their newsletter mentions that they are "varying diameter and length", which I wouldn't care about. Is that all that's wrong with it?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lloyd
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-02-05, 7:37pm
Tamara Knight

In the past I have received crayon colors a shade darker or lighter then the target color, rods that were not quite straight, short rods, larger rods or thinner rods - I have never recieved anything that I could not use. More like very high quailty odds - no seconds from GA all very nice glass and very usable.

In the past I have recieved NS seconds with seeds. The NS Odds are usually good too - but my luck with NS seconds is bad.

Although you may NOT want to place your order the first day because they will be way too busy getting my order together to do yours anyway

Tamara
Old 2009-02-06, 2:16pm
ManBearPig

Got a call from GA. Apparently several people didn't get the e-mail for some reason. Checked my spam and trash folders and no sign of it. But, they sent it again and I got it this time.

Another of those weird internet mysteries...

Old 2009-02-06, 3:01pm
Seeker of Beauty

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely looking forward to this sale!

Now comes the task of figuring out exactly what I need from the list!

Lloyd
AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-02-06, 7:04pm
Spoiled

Holy crap, I need some help. I just went through the list and compared it to their website so I knew what each color was. I wrote down the colors I would like to get but I have 26 written down. So, I was hoping some of you could help me narrow the list down (we're getting ready to move and I'm not supposed to be buying anything but it's such a good deal).

My first question is about all the Chameleons, there's Clover, Aqua, and Peacock. Is there really all that much difference between them where I would need them all? Same with all the Luster and Amazon colors?

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2009-02-06, 7:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
Holy crap, I need some help. I just went through the list and compared it to their website so I knew what each color was. I wrote down the colors I would like to get but I have 26 written down. So, I was hoping some of you could help me narrow the list down (we're getting ready to move and I'm not supposed to be buying anything but it's such a good deal).

My first question is about all the Chameleons, there's Clover, Aqua, and Peacock. Is there really all that much difference between them where I would need them all? Same with all the Luster and Amazon colors?
Peacock Chameleon is a must. Aqua Chameleon is pretty nice too. I don't care for Clover Chameleon, and neither to my customers. Get some Dragons Eye if you don't already have some. Carmel luster is very nice. I would finish up with Spring Luster and Havanna moon lite.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-06, 8:44pm
Spoiled

thanks Eric! I don't have any of those. I don't really have very many colors and no GA (except for a few from a sample pack).

I'm thinking about Tequila Sunrise and Triple Passion too. ???

Old 2009-02-07, 5:28am

Yes, yes on the Triple Passion and Tequila Sunrise, from me. I like 'em. Some say they are a B to strike, but they seem to go pretty easy for me.

Old 2009-02-07, 7:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
thanks Eric! I don't have any of those. I don't really have very many colors and no GA (except for a few from a sample pack).

I'm thinking about Tequila Sunrise and Triple Passion too. ???
If you already have DAP, then I wouldn't get the Triple Passion since they are pretty much the same. The Tequila Sunrise is nice, and I use it, but you can also get almost the same effect with a light coating of AP over white.

Basically, if you have the money, then get the TP and Tequila Sunrise, and if funds are tight and you already have AP and DAP, then don't.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-07, 9:43am
Spoiled

Man I suck, I don't have any DAP but I do have a little AP (seconds). So I'll mark Triple Passion as a maybe.

I'm getting ready to pack and will be going through everything so I'm going to try selling off some stuff I haven't used in a while. I'm going to use that money to buy some more glass, kind of makes me sound like an addict or something, pawning my current stuff to get a fix.

Old 2009-02-07, 10:00am

I hate having to choose. I am so new at boro, but don't want to miss the chance to get these good prices.

Here is my tentative list:

Tequila Sunrise
Purple Luster
Spring Luster
Dragon's Eye
Peacock Chameleon
Amazon Night
Disco Sparkle

Anyone have any input on what a noob should or shouldn't get?

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2009-02-07, 12:11pm
Tamara Knight

Disco Sparkle is not high on my list - clear with chuncks of sparkle - nice under stuff - or mixed in but I guess I like the sparkle with the color already combined - some people like it a bunch
Cherry Wood is a nice red - if you flame strike it you get more pinks, if you kiln stike it you get reds and it makes a nice base color for frit - try D A/P and tsp yellow, or ex green frit
Amazon Canyon is my current favorite - you can get sandy browns, blues, greens but of the Amazons it is the one that I am unable to get control of. I am almost positive it depends on how you hold your tounge.

If you don't have a good mix of GA colors they usually have the sample sets on sale too.
Old 2009-02-07, 12:23pm
Spoiled

I just went through the post about favorite color recipes and wrote down a few more colors to my list. It was nice to now what some of the color could do (if I knew what I was doing ).

Old 2009-02-08, 8:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKnight View Post
Disco Sparkle is not high on my list - clear with chuncks of sparkle - nice under stuff - or mixed in but I guess I like the sparkle with the color already combined - some people like it a bunch
Cherry Wood is a nice red - if you flame strike it you get more pinks, if you kiln stike it you get reds and it makes a nice base color for frit - try D A/P and tsp yellow, or ex green frit
Amazon Canyon is my current favorite - you can get sandy browns, blues, greens but of the Amazons it is the one that I am unable to get control of. I am almost positive it depends on how you hold your tounge.

If you don't have a good mix of GA colors they usually have the sample sets on sale too.
I agree with you on the Amazon Canyon. I have given up trying to reproduce pieces using it. I just figure it will be what it will be. Too bad since sometimes you can get this really cool autumn leaves effect that is beautiful....and sells really well.

Old 2009-02-09, 8:59am

Does anyone know how this sale works?

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2009-02-09, 7:02pm

Has anyone got the price list I haven't gotten any e-mail guess I better call.
Old 2009-02-10, 8:10am

The only prices I've seen were in the e-mail and are listed at $13.00 to $18.00 per pound.
Old 2009-02-10, 8:35am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasi View Post
Does anyone know how this sale works?
Well, all I can tell you is how it worked last year.

Last year they supplied excel spreadsheets that listed the colors available and the prices. The spreadsheets were released several weeks ahead of time so you could plan your purchase.

At 8:00 am on the dot (or was it 9...???) THEIR time, which is Pacific time, you could call, fax, or email your request in. There were no promises made of what they could fill the order with, given that they were taking TONS of orders. I submitted my order via email at about 2 minutes after the hour. It took them 3-4 days to get to my order. They called me for my credit card info and gave me a feeling for what they thought they still had in stock. One item that they told me I would get - I didn't. Oh well. I got about half of what I originally asked for.

This year, so far, things seem to be working differently. I haven't seen the spreadsheets yet. And no real details. Only hints that things may work differently. So no real clue...

Last edited by bclogan; 2009-02-10 at 8:36am. Reason: grammer and spelling
Old 2009-02-10, 10:52am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I was told that this year we will be able to do it online instead of having
to call or fax it in. Even if you only get 1/2 of what you want, that's
still an amazing savings!!!

For those of you on the fence about DAP vs Triple Passion - here's my nickels
worth. I found TP to be much easier to work and strike that DAP. It also
(IMHO) produces much nicer and brighter purply-pink tones than DAP.
It's like a better formulation of it. Again, just my opinion, but I'm basing
this on what I've seen and the info I've received from other lampworkers
who use both regularly.

Old 2009-02-10, 11:18am
Tamara Knight

Usually I place two orders - first I place an order based on what I need - and I over purchase figuring I will get about 2/3rd's of what I order

Then usually the last couple days -they have another discount on some colors they are tring to get rid of - one year I got some nice base non-reactive colors for $10/lb

They usually have a couple nice frit mixes too

So if you have the money for 5 colors I would suggest ordering 8 - and if you get too much glass you can always mail it to me

Tamara
Old 2009-02-10, 11:30am
Dangerous Woman

Can anyone tell me if GA has the equivalent to Monkas Silver tears, and Caribbean Coral and NS's Aurora, Butterscotch, Pomegranet, Ice Blue and Silver Creek? And what gives the slarkle like Loch Ness?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-02-10, 12:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Can anyone tell me if GA has the equivalent to Monkas Silver tears, and Caribbean Coral and NS's Aurora, Butterscotch, Pomegranet, Ice Blue and Silver Creek? And what gives the slarkle like Loch Ness?

No on the following: Pomegranet, Ice Blue, Silver Tears, Aurora

For Carribean Coral I have found that GA Ivory or Peach Blush is pretty close.

Butterscotch is like Silver Strike 5 or Silver Sands if they still have any left.

I don't know of anything else besides Loch Ness that looks like Lock Ness. GA has a lot of sparkle colors, but none of them look like Lock Ness.

I don't use Silver Creek so I can't answer that one.

Of course, I could be wrong on all of this too.