Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-09-23, 7:41pm
Midnight Torcher

Talking

In case you didn't know, Galaxy Glass has more experimentals and the new DH clear up!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Helix-T78...QQcmdZViewItem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-24, 7:33am
Midnight Torcher

Talking

New clear sold out, but still more T-78 odd here.

Hurry, before it sells out again!

Old 2007-09-24, 11:52am

My favourite has to be the amber T26!

Old 2007-09-24, 7:14pm
Angel-Headed Hipster

Just bought the Terr odd and the Psyche Lt. odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanglass View Post
New clear sold out, but still more T-78 odd here.

Hurry, before it sells out again!

~ It's not what ya got, but how you move it.

HH w/bulk MAPP~~~~No Classes, No Tuts, No Name, No Slogan, No Fear
Old 2007-09-24, 9:15pm
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Just bought the Terr odd and the Psyche Lt. odd.

COOL!

Old 2007-09-25, 2:02am
Glass Geek

How does one get one's stinkin' hands on some of these odd lots? I keep checking their site and I haven't had an email from them in a while. How do you all just KNOW where and when to get this stuff. waaaahhh
Old 2007-09-25, 2:18am

I got an e-mail from them, and half an hour later most were sold out!

Old 2007-09-25, 6:55am
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNKArts View Post
How does one get one's stinkin' hands on some of these odd lots? I keep checking their site and I haven't had an email from them in a while. How do you all just KNOW where and when to get this stuff. waaaahhh
Galaxy Glass has some odd Psyche left on e-Bay--$15 a quarter pound--just like on DH's site.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Helix-PSY...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck!

Old 2007-09-25, 6:58am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

I considered getting some of that but obviously I'm blind because I never could find how much it costs to ship. Thanks, Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanglass View Post
Galaxy Glass has some odd Psyche left on e-Bay--$15 a quarter pound--just like on DH's site.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Helix-PSY...QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck!

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-09-25, 7:09am
yukue fumei

hi Angelique!
After you order,select the "request total from seller" link and send her an email asking for the shipping total. She usually ships using the flat rate box which is $8.95.

nagi

Old 2007-09-25, 7:09am
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelique_redhead View Post
I considered getting some of that but obviously I'm blind because I never could find how much it costs to ship. Thanks, Angelique
Angelique,

Send the seller a message on the item and she'll let you know. She's really friendly!

I think it probably depends on how much you buy.
I think I spent about $9 for shipping, but I bought a lot more than a quarter pound. LOL!

Oops! Sorry, looks like you got your answer already!

Last edited by sanglass; 2007-09-25 at 7:16am. Reason: duplicate answer
Old 2007-09-25, 7:10am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMary View Post
My favourite has to be the amber T26!

WOW!!! AWesome beads Mary!!
The colors!! WOW!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-09-25, 7:19am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate both of you answering. Better two than none! Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-09-27, 9:56am

Angelique--if you buy from Galaxy Glass--she's a DOLL & she'll email you to let you know how much space is "left in the flat rate box" too--in case you want to add more glass to your order without changing your shipping rate! (yeah, it does get her a bigger order, but I appreciate it, because I get the chance to order more glass without paying extra shipping--I think it's a sweet service to offer!). I've been VERY pleased every time I've ordered from her. Sad that I haven't been able to order for the last year (budget's SU*k) but last year (2006) that's who I got all my odd-lot corals & ink blues from
~lyn

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-09-27, 5:44pm
Angel-Headed Hipster

Yeah - I really cannot say enough good things about Deonne (Galaxy Glass). She is an absolute doll!!!

~ It's not what ya got, but how you move it.

HH w/bulk MAPP~~~~No Classes, No Tuts, No Name, No Slogan, No Fear
Old 2007-09-27, 5:47pm
Storm Queen

Deonne rocks!

Old 2007-09-28, 11:18am
yukue fumei

I need help on the DH clear....I only tried a tiny bit this morning, but it got scummy unless worked in the back of the flame(about 12 inches out).....will try again this weekend, but any advice is greatly appreciated!
thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-09-28, 2:10pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default clean and soft

Our clear formula is designed to be very soft and easy to melt. The flip side is that if it is overheated, it can bubble. I am very interested in getting feedback on the clear, so let me know what you think. My goal for the clear is to have it be ridiculously clean and scratch free, and to be fully compatible with 104 colors. We wear cloth gloves when we handle it to avoid any fingerprints or oils, since any smudges can cause surface scum. Some folks wipe their glass rods with a clean rag dampened with alcohol, vinegar or water before use. Feel free to email with feedback on the performance of our clear, as well as the preferred diameter. Thanks!
doublehelixglassworks@msn.com

Jed at Double Helix
Old 2007-09-28, 2:39pm
yukue fumei

YAY! AWESOME!!
Thank you so much Jed!!
Will try working it cooler and maybe pulling stringer for encasing instead of using it whole! One thing I really like about the rods were that they didn't shock when I put them in the flame, even though it was ~10mm thick! Are they annealed?
Thanks!!

nagi

Old 2007-09-28, 6:14pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

I LOVE the one on the left!!!

Mona

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2007-09-28, 8:52pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

OK, so where does one buy the DH clear - Galaxy Glass is out and I haven't seen it posted on the DH site yet . . . Jed - if you want a HH user to test it for ya (I'm thinking since it needs to be worked cooler that it would rock on a HH), let me know - I'd be happy to be your guinea pig!!! Oh, and we need T28 as a permanent color please????

Last edited by fritobsessed; 2007-09-28 at 8:55pm.
Old 2007-09-29, 8:01am
yukue fumei

Hi MJ--
I can send you some if you like!

I did pull the beads I made with it out of the kiln--
warning: wonky test bead alert!!
OK-first bead--melted the glass at regular range...yipe--too hot and i got scum
(base of bead is Kronos2 odd and a bit of Psyche....you can't see it but it is irridescent--I love this combo!)

second try--clear is melted in the back of the flame cool--success!!!
The bubbles in there are the ones I put in there....very clear and no cracking! WOOHOO!!(PS-that is T-78 over unstruck Kronos 2 odd)

this clear likes cool temps and works great with silver!

nagi

Old 2007-10-04, 5:56am
yukue fumei

A couple more beads
T 25

T28 with Copper green and Nyx

and ok-these aren't experimental but I thought I'd put these here too
Psyche over Tapenade

Nyx over Yellow Ice

nagi

Old 2007-10-04, 7:33pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Wow - those are gorgeous!

Is that goldstone you pulled? It's incredibly sparkly!!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-10-04, 8:00pm

I've got 2 rods of K-65 and a rod of Olympia Rain currently up on Ebay. The link is in the Auctions section.

Old 2007-10-05, 6:26am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Wow - those are gorgeous!

Is that goldstone you pulled? It's incredibly sparkly!!
Thanks so much Sigrid!
Yes, it is handpulled goldstone stringer from Kugler gold aventurine chunks. They make the shiniest goldstone so far as I have tried.

nagi

Old 2007-10-05, 1:49pm

Nagi,
Where do you get the Kugler goldstone chunks?

Old 2007-10-05, 3:07pm

Love the first one Nagi! The goldstone really glows!

Old 2007-10-06, 6:07am
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz View Post
Nagi,
Where do you get the Kugler goldstone chunks?
I hope you don't mind if I answer.
I think you can get them from Hot Glass Color in Seattle.

Here's the link:
http://www.hotglasscolor.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=1521

Old 2007-10-07, 7:40am
yukue fumei

Carol--Sanglass is right--I got it at Hot Glass Color and Supply And Sanglass, thanks for answering!

Thanks Mary!

nagi