No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2009-03-28, 5:07am
BeadsonCypress

Default I am so excited!!

Currently I am working along one wall of our pole barn, where my DH stores all of his "toys" an finds that I am much too cluttered for "his" barn and wants his 4" back. OK so I put a listing on Craig's List last Sunday asking if there was anyone who had an old un-used trailer they were looking to sell for cheap for my studio. That night I had 3 offers!

During the week I contacted each of them and a wonderful couple offered me a FREE trailer ('cause they just bought a NEW one). We are going to pick it up today......ps eveything WORKS and NO LEAKS either

As soon as I get home I will take and post some pictures!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-03-28, 5:23am
N2Beadz

WooHoo!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-28, 8:59am
Detail G-Mama!

Your so lucky!! Can't wait to see it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-28, 9:32am

Can't wait to see it also...I just moved to Jersey....I am now told we can't have "out buildings" in our area...this may be the answer...let me know what it looks like and how you're fixing it in the inside...would love to come and see it when you're done.
Old 2009-03-28, 3:20pm
BeadsonCypress

well it's in the side yard, we got it home!! It has been raining all day, I hope for some decent weather tomorrow to start cleaning and planning.

It's 26' long, the front has a small kitchen (stove going) and bathroom (that's going too)
The pantry is almost right behind the store which is where I will store my glass, right at arms length and I will keep the counter and sink (for washing beads) Propane can be left outside and the lines to the stove will go right to my torch area.

There is a small table with benches for working on assembly (probably) and the back room is a bunk area (which will be cleared for my yewelry supplies) I just have to figure out a place for the kiln.......I think I should keep the fridge, might come in handy......
everything seems to work OK, a little rougher than I expected but certainly has possibilities!!! I want to take it sort of slow so I don't need to re-do.

Anyone have anything similar that you could share hints or photos?

Old 2009-03-28, 3:21pm
BeadsonCypress

glsgrl where are you? I could hook up the second mini-cc and we could torch together!

Old 2009-03-28, 7:25pm
are we there yet?

How cool is that!!! Make sure to post pictures as you go . . . I would be very interested in following your progress. Would love to do this for myself, but we can't park a boat or trailer on or lot -- stupid homeowners association rules.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2009-03-28, 8:17pm
just another glass addict

congratulations!! I got myself a 25' trailer last fall and I'm loving it. I too took out the stove and bathroom (yuck). The bathroom is at the far end and is great for storage and my concentrator. the bed was in the middle section so I took that out and put in a large metal restaurant table I had. The table was a little small so I had a friend with a metal shop bend up some sheet metal back-splashes for me and I screwed them to the table. He also gave me a great hood for ventilation. I got a cheap 800 cfm fan at the hydroponics store, and put that on the roof. (I might move it farther it's a little louder than I like) Before I put my table in I covered the floor, walls and ceiling of the "torch room" with dururock (sp?) cement board like they use in bathrooms and I caulked every crack with fireplace caulking that won't burn and is supposed to snuff out embers by expanding. I also cut off the fronts of my cabinets for glass storage. Since it's not going to move I wanted to see. My chili pepper fits perfectly on the shelf behind me, but if I had a brick kiln in there it would have to go on my table. I'll post a picture from before I used it. Now my table is covered with all sorts of stuff! It's better covered with stuff for that lived in look, but I don't have any pictures of my mess.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2009-03-28, 8:40pm
just another glass addict

these two pictures are back to back (chair is in middle)
I hope that makes sense

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Last edited by dragonart glass; 2009-03-28 at 8:43pm.
Old 2009-03-29, 2:10pm

WOW!!! 25' is pretty big...can't wait to see photos....I'm in Sparta.
Old 2009-03-29, 2:27pm
In search of her path....

Cant wait to see your find! How awesome is that!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-04-12, 9:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsgrl View Post
Can't wait to see it also...I just moved to Jersey....I am now told we can't have "out buildings" in our area...this may be the answer...let me know what it looks like and how you're fixing it in the inside...would love to come and see it when you're done.
Welcome to the 'neighborhood'. I am in Montville, just off 287.

Liz

Old 2009-04-12, 9:37am

Susan. Your trailer sounds like a great space. Will you be taking it on the road? you could have a mobile classroom!

Liz

Old 2009-04-12, 12:38pm
Just Me!

Thumbs up

How Fun to be able to start from scratch and make your Studio how you want it.

Mine, unfortunately is in my dining room. Very small house.....
You have given me a great idea, it never even crossed my mine to get a trailer. I live on 15 acres and have plenty of room for one.
I think you've just struck a flame under me. LOL

Have a great time designing and I would also love to see photos of your progress......Valerie
Old 2009-04-13, 4:18am
BeadsonCypress

Just got back from my annual easter trek to see the family. Nothing has happened with the trailer since we got it home. My husband dropped a tree to make room for it behind our pole barn and it fell the wrong way and fell on his self-made shed...YEA I hated that thing!! I really have to watch him with power tools!! We are hoping to move it in place and steady it with cement blocks this weekend so I can get inside and start CLEANING!!
I want to take it slow rather than just gutting it....one area at a time. I will try again to get pics posted (I am definitely photo challenged!!)....write more sooon!!

Old 2009-05-02, 8:47am

keep me posted.... i am watching the progress........
Old 2009-05-25, 12:42pm
Just Me!

Cool

How's your Trailer coming along Susan?
Would love an update and see photos if you have any......Valerie
Old 2009-07-12, 1:43pm
BeadsonCypress

Default Pictures....finally!!

Man time flies....I thought I just got it and here it is mid-July!!! Here is the original state I got it in when we dragged it home.....Almost gutted now. I am taking it slowly so I don't have to re-do it again in a couple of months!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-07-12, 2:46pm

How exciting!!! It looks pretty spacious as well! I can't wait to see the pics as you progress!!!

Mary
Old 2009-07-12, 3:44pm
BeadsonCypress

My DH got a sawzall this weeke and I have everything marked where I want things cut out. A friend is taking me on Friday to a place that sells used stainless kitchen stations....I have it all measured out....maybe soon!!