Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2009-04-10, 8:07pm
Empress of Fire & Wire

Default Studio in progress

my husband is in the process of building my studio. I'm so proud of him. It is turning out so cool. The pictures aren't as nice as I would like, we haven't put in the lighting that I need yet. But you can see a little of my world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-04-10, 8:14pm

Thumbs up

FAntasitc!!! Yay Mr. Joanne!

Love all the shelving units

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-04-10, 8:43pm
Empress of Fire & Wire

I have some more walls that I didn't take pictures of that have more shelving. He is quite handy.

Old 2009-04-10, 8:47pm
GlassDocNC

Very nice! It's good to know where all those pretty shards are created!

Marina
Old 2009-04-10, 9:23pm
Empress of Fire & Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaglassgal View Post
Very nice! It's good to know where all those pretty shards are created!

Marina
thanks! I spend most of my days in there. I can't wait to get my lighting done. My hubby is going to put 2 6 to 8 foot florescent lights. And I will be able to get some better shots.

Old 2009-04-11, 4:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelilyone View Post
I have some more walls that I didn't take pictures of that have more shelving. He is quite handy.
A great man to have around!

Liz

Old 2009-04-11, 9:09pm
Empress of Fire & Wire

yeah, he is the best! He can fix cars, electronics, he builds whatever I need, and he loves me well, lol!

Old 2009-04-11, 10:34pm
I speak Murrini!

Joanne~~~

It's looking wonderful!!! I love your set up...and the dual torch thing going...switch it up!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-04-16, 6:42am
JOAT, Master of None

Very nice... Very good husband..
Old 2009-04-16, 8:54am
Empress of Fire & Wire

yeah, he is pretty good to me, now if I could only get him to stop complaining about doing things for "PurpleLily Designs", lol. Once he finishes one thing, I always find something else for him to build for me, hehehehe.

Old 2009-04-16, 11:56am

Very nice Joanne!!! Aren't those Hubbys handy!! Even if they complain!!! I have a helpful hubby too, it makes life a little easier!!! Keep showing your studio!!
Mary T.

Old 2009-04-17, 7:17am
Empress of Fire & Wire

As soon as I can get his butt in gear, I will show more pics. of our progress.

Old 2009-04-17, 7:18am
Empress of Fire & Wire

oh if any of you were wondering, the wall where my torch is has cedar on it. It use to be a winter closet for clothes, etc. and he opened it up to include some dead space that we had in the garage.

Old 2009-04-17, 11:32am

Happy Birthday, Joanne! It's great that you've got a DH that not only knows how to do things but actually does them! Sounds like he's a keeper.
Have a wonderful birthday!
ginger
Old 2009-04-17, 11:35am

I've been checking out Joanne's website, and her dear Mr. Joanne is also a phenomenal wire artist . Wowzer! Definitely a keeper

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-04-17, 12:39pm

I'm so happy for you- a great husband and a great studio!
Old 2009-04-22, 11:37am
Empress of Fire & Wire

Yeah, I haven't been able to get him to make anything in awhile, but he is really a natural with wire! I have to say, he is really a well rounded, talented person. He lacks focus though, hehehhe. That is he focuses on what he wants and not what I want! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post
I've been checking out Joanne's website, and her dear Mr. Joanne is also a phenomenal wire artist . Wowzer! Definitely a keeper

J.

Old 2009-04-22, 11:38am
Empress of Fire & Wire

I should have more pictures soon, they are putting up my walls and I have heat & air, woohoooo!!!