Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-09-27, 1:52pm

Default No More Candy..........on the bottom of the box!

Not Really, but I just returned from shopping and decided to make a executive decision and try a little experiment.

In the past you would find candy at the bottom of your box hidden among the packing peanuts (starch ones of course!). Maybe it is a treasure hunt? Candy Treasure Hunts may be fun, but they also help you find that small tool or package of gold leaf that is hiding from you on the bottom of the box and while you are searching for the candy.....sometimes the missing item shows up.

Every now and then a customer does call us and tells us that way back earlier in the year we forgot to include an item and we would reship it and then one day while they are reusing the peanuts they find the missing item and call us up asking for us to charge them for the missing item and even the shipping.

For the first ONE HUNDRED orders that get packed this week, I have decided to not toss the candy into the box and make you hunt around to find it.

I instead have taken a scoop of the hard candy along with a tootsie roll pop (generic probably) with a few pieces of chocolate and put them into a sandwich baggy. Perhaps it will find its way to the bottom of the box, but this time your candy treasure will be in a bag and once you have recovered the bag.....you will know you have it all. The only thing we ever ask is if an item can not be found, dump your box on the carpet, curse the peanuts and locate the missing item. While it is true that we can miss an item once-in-a-while, sometimes it is just hiding among the peanuts.

For those of you who get this FIRST 100 CANDY PACKS, let me know if you like it this way or do you rather hunt for the candy on the bottom of the box.

Now I got to get back to more important work like figuring out what our sale will be for next week.

Thanks for your support, you are the greatest!!!!!!!

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-09-27, 2:09pm
Tweedle Dumb

Aww. My kids will be bummed. They so love the peanut flingin candy hunts that happen when I get my shipments.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2009-09-27, 2:40pm

Oh Mike,

My three girls excitedly run out and ask me whenever I have a glass order if it is the one with the lollies (what we call candy here in Australia) and the little buggers nearly cry if I have to say no........... Talk about pressure to buy from Frantz!!!!!!

I will probably empty the contents of the baggie into the packing peanuts for them to have their fun, but I am sure lots of the lampworkers out there will appreciate the ease of finding the yummy stuff... not just the yummy glass!

Thanks for making glass ordering even more fun.

Nat
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ps. I have twin 7yr olds and a grand old lady of 12 who thinks hardly anything is exciting..... but the glass box with the sweets!

Old 2009-09-27, 3:11pm
honorary bead lady

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
at Mikey
Old 2009-09-27, 4:50pm

I've had that happen where I thought an item didn't get shipped and it had settled at the bottom with the candy. Guess people aren't the only ones out there that wanna be around candy!

Old 2009-09-27, 5:11pm
Living out Loud

I loved it when I found the candy at the bottom of the box.

Old 2009-09-27, 5:20pm
N2Beadz

My UPS guy likes the root beer smell. He asked if I minded explaining why the box smelled of root beer.

Old 2009-09-27, 5:21pm

I like finding the stuff (candy) loose!
Old 2009-09-27, 5:52pm

Default Maybe A Poll?

Quote:
I like finding the stuff (candy) loose!
Perhaps I should start a poll? That would be my challenge for the year!

mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 6:43pm

Last time I ordered 40 pounds and did not get any candy. I figured you stopped packing it. I dumped the box in the middle of the living room but still no candy... You owe me double candy on the next order... now that I know you are still doing it... The order was packed perfectly though!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2009-09-27, 6:55pm
And silence is golden

Dang, I better go out in the garage and dump my peanuts out to find my candy! I didn't find any in my order, but I wasn't looking for any.
Old 2009-09-27, 7:08pm

Keep the candy, I don't eat it anyway and I always dump the peanuts into another box, and check my order carefully.

Liz

Old 2009-09-27, 7:09pm

Default 127 Packages of Candy

127 baggies of candy should be enough for Monday and Tuesday. So after looking all over (with blinders on) I saw nothing about doing a poll.

It would be nice to have a poll that was something like this:

( ) No Candy in my boxes
( ) Candy in the bottom of the box
( ) Candy in the baggy

It seems that the Candy hunt is as important as the candy eating. When it comes to little children, watching them toss the peanuts in the air looking for the candy is maybe where it is at?

Well, I am done for the day.
I did not come up with a sale for next week.
But I am sure I will.

Now If I Just Could Get My Hands on Another Twenty Pounds of
DH Frantz Juggernaut, wow that would be a nice find in place of candy!
Or in addition to the candy.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 7:14pm

The candy's a bonus, but I always scraggle around in the bottom of the box to make sure I've found everything anyway. I'm ok with whichever way keeps your packing moving easier to get glass to me, alllllll the way here from there.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-09-27, 7:26pm

Default Big Baggy Of Candy

I notice when they are tossing candy into the boxes, sometimes it is done by a person with big hands and other times it is done by people with little hands and the smaller the hand, the less candy.

I made up 140 bags, and my hands are just right and with a bit of chocolate from France (not frantz) you get a good amount.

To be 100% candy efficient the bags work better, I do not want to be a candy controlling freak! I just want to be your candyman, cause the candyman can!

Yea yea yea

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-09-27, 9:41pm
And silence is golden

French chocolate! Does that come with a 50% sale on CiM, Vetrofond, Effetre and Lauscha? Oh heck, make it all glass!

The candy, I can take it or leave it. Now if you got down and made some killer brownies, that would be way cool. It never fails, whenever someone puts those darned dum-dum suckers in the boxes, like a dum-dum, I unwrap the dang thing, plop it in my mouth and eventually cut the roof of my mouth as the candy melts down. I swear, I never learn my lesson!

Last edited by Shrimp; 2009-09-27 at 9:47pm.
Old 2009-09-27, 9:49pm
Evil Glass Enabler

MU likes it when we get candy in the bottom of the box. It's like a treasure hunt to her. She's always excited when we get glass too.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-09-27, 11:53pm
HelenC

Smile No candy in mine

I didn't get candy in my last 2 boxes

And that makes it tricky, I get my glass delivered to work (so DH doesn't see how much I get
) and then I give the candy to my boss so he doesn't complain when I unpack and fondle my new glass.

So baggie or loose I don't mind as long as there are a few bit's to distract the boss.

helen
Old 2009-09-28, 5:48am
Melting

It doesn't really matter to me because I haven't gotten candy in any of my orders this year.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-09-28, 7:02am

Quote:
It doesn't really matter to me because I haven't gotten candy in any of my orders this year.
I hardly ever get candy either, thought it was because my orders were always so small

granny
Old 2009-09-28, 7:38am
Melting

Quote:
I hardly ever get candy either, thought it was because my orders were always so small

granny

Mine aren't small, so obviously in this case size doesn't matter!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-09-28, 8:23am
Who me?

Love the candy - no matter how you package it - HATE the peanuts - I know the starch ones are ever so much "greener" than say bubble wrap - but the darn things jump out of the box and once the cats get hold of them, I may find them years later while cleaing out from under the fridge. Darn cats!
Old 2009-09-28, 9:52am
Growing Edge Glass

I've ordered a few times from frantz...no candy here either....not that I really need it!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2009-09-28, 12:12pm
And silence is golden

Ok kids, I thought that there was some sort of elite group that was privy only to Mikes treasures. To be sure that wasn't the case, I retrieved my box from the recycle bin, emptied it out in another box and found these wonderful goodies! On your next order, you too could be the lucky recipient of:

1 license plate bracket
3 fruit jewels hard candies
3 peppermint pin wheel hard candies
1 short piece of ivory glass
1 mini sample of persimmon coral (?)
1 chip of persimmon coral
1 copper toned "spent" staple
1 broken zip tie
and folks, this is the best part..........
a 6 month supply of cellulose, denture adhesive peanuts!

Yes you heard right folks. Just pop one of these peanuts between yer denture plate and the roof of yer mouth and those babies aren't gonna go anywhere!

All kidding aside, I'm glad that you mentioned the candy, because I never would have looked! I luv, luv those fruit candies,AND MORE THAN THE CANDY, I LUV GLASS SAMPLES!!!!!

Old 2009-09-28, 12:19pm
sunscreen me baby

I love the loose candy. I don't know why, it's just become your signature and something I look forward to in addition to the glass. My daughter loves searching through the peanuts to see if I missed any. It's just plain fun, and it reminds me of you Mike. So please, keep throwing the candy in and if you can, make it be the big handed people

~

Old 2009-09-28, 12:31pm
koregon

I never knew there was candy all these years until I read about it. We never dumped all the darn peanuts out to find it, just felt for big items and pulled them out of the huge boxes that usually ship to us...since we usually bought mass amts of glass each time...the boxes were huge (Mike, UPS man ALWAYS said, they should box these in TWO boxes, it would cost you half in shipping)

Old 2009-09-28, 12:36pm
Empress of Fire & Wire

I have to say my children are the ones that usually get the box from the "ups man" and when they see it is from you, they open it to look for the candy and tell me about the glass later, lol. But the last 3 or 4 orders I haven't received any candy and the kiddies were bummed. Needless to say now I have to stop what I'm doing to get the boxes from the "ups man". hehehe

Old 2009-09-29, 1:40pm
Covered in glitter

I set a box outside this spring because I didn't want the cats to get the peanuts all over. My friendly neighborhood raccoons went through it instead, scattering peanuts all over and leaving candy wrappers on the deck. So Mike, even the critters like the candy in the box. LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-09-29, 2:43pm

Love the loose candy! Love the root beer!!!
Old 2009-09-29, 3:24pm

Default My Customers Have Spoken

You have spoken
I hear what you say
You want your candy
And you want it your way

Handfuls of candy
Tossed to the bottom of the box
Root Beer Barrels
You like them allot

Mikey

The Torch Website: