LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-08-12, 7:23am

Default Effetre or Moretti.... what do YOU call it?

We are finishing up the new web page.. and have Effetre / Moretti as a glass header. But each part number / color, is listed in this format.

Pale Amber Moretti Rod 008

Should the word Moretti still be used, or is it time to simply switch to Effetre, as it has really been for around 5 years now?

Thanks for the help!
Ron
Old 2011-08-12, 7:36am
Tweedle Dumb

I say Effetre now. I catch myself saying Moretti less and less.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2011-08-12, 7:43am
Live and Let Live

Effetre I think.

Old 2011-08-12, 7:53am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

They have been Effetre for over decade, so I think it would be better to call it Effetre.

ETA: Or at least 9 years... Id say longer though since thats when I ordered stuff from them, and got educated not to call them Moretti anymore...
Old 2011-08-12, 8:21am

That is what I was thinking.... Effetre. I didn't want to miss out, if people were searching for "Moretti".
Wow, 9 years +, time does fly.... I had no idea it has been that long.. LOL. Shows you how much I keep track of things.
Old 2011-08-12, 8:23am
A True Woofer

When I started beadmaking it was Effetre and that was almost 10 years ago. I try to say Effetre.

Old 2011-08-12, 9:17am

Same here, effetre BUT...I would still list it as Effetre/Moretti because some of your customers might still think of it and type it Moretti.
Old 2011-08-12, 9:26am

I still use both but I guess Effetre. The funny thing is Moretti is easier to say and get it right. I've heard at least 3 different pronunciations for Effetre.
F-eh-tra
f-EH-tray
F-eh-tray

I just do the first one and call it good.

Old 2011-08-12, 9:27am
Rose colored glasses…√

I call it "non-silver glass".

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-08-12, 9:32am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Except that they just came up with some silver glass... times change sistah!
It is pronounced F-eh-treh... I might have my phonetic spelling messed up, but since we dont have voice chat, this is what I go with!
Old 2011-08-12, 9:38am
one day at a time

Whenever I tell a newbie what glass to start with, I explain that Effetre and Moretti are the same glass.
Old 2011-08-12, 9:58am
Gentleman of Leisure

Actually NOT... Moretti is now making its own glass again (so I heard) .... Well... Maybe not under Moretti name, but....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-08-12, 11:56am
Lampworkaholic!

Effetre.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-08-12, 1:10pm

Effetre

Looking forward to seeing your new website Ron!
Old 2011-08-12, 1:19pm
da General

Definitely Effetre.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-08-12, 1:37pm

The site is getting closer. I finshed the Effetre transparents, some hoses and a few torches. We'll launch with lampworking first and add more products each day..............
Ron
Old 2011-08-12, 6:54pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Ooooh, I can't wait! I have my buying finger poised and ready. I've been on a glass diet for what seems like eons.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-08-12, 7:04pm
Salt Box Beads

I call it Effetre. Moretti name was discontinued many years ago.
Old 2011-08-13, 11:21am
uncouthful cats

Both names were still used just a couple of years ago when I started lampworking, but I think the Moretti name has hung around so long just for the reason that it's easier to pronounce for those of us in the U.S. I've seen far less of the "Moretti" name recently, & have pretty much broken myself of saying it.

As for Effetre, I pronounce it "eh - FEH - treh". Like everybody else, I don't know what is the correct pronunciation.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2011-08-13, 6:55pm

Funny...when I'm talking I say Moretti. When I'm writing about it I call it by it's proper name, Effetre.