No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-04-23, 5:58pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Big Changes!

I will be retiring from my job here in Kodiak in July. I had been trying to buy a place in Homer AK for years, but couldn't make it work. So we decided to move to Oregon. After a summer's search we settled on Newport and bought a place there. It has a house, a separate three car garage and another large building for a glass studio. I want to use this thread to keep track of the move and the building of a new studio.

This is the house and garage:

This is the studio:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-04-23, 6:03pm
I fart diamonds

Nice! Looking forward to reading all about it!

Old 2013-04-23, 7:27pm
KitseyBelle

Welcome to Oregon!
Old 2013-04-24, 3:06am
Knob Creek Glass

Looks great!!!
Old 2013-04-24, 9:44am
Fire and Fluidity

This is the inside of the studio. The two parts add up to about 800 square feet, which is enough for my jewelry studio, a glass bench for me, a glass bench for my daughter Zora and a larger bench with six stations for teaching.

Old 2013-04-24, 2:27pm
Marble Lover

Looks like a great retirement in your future! Congrats.

-BEP
Old 2013-04-24, 3:47pm

Congrats on the new place. Going to be nice from the sound of it.
Janet
Old 2013-04-24, 4:40pm

Awww....I see you bought a studio and garage with a house attached! Perfect! Looks beautiful and like a wonderful space.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-04-24, 6:28pm

Congrats! Now the fun begins!

Jen
Old 2013-04-25, 10:55am
Fire and Fluidity

Believe it or not, I did buy the place for the studio space. MaryJane had never seen the inside of the house, except for real estate pictures until after the purchase. How many people can get away with that?

Old 2013-04-25, 5:45pm
Remember to keep smiling

Congrats!!! What a treasure. Looking forward to following your retirement dreams come to life.

SRA#P109
Old 2013-04-26, 7:26am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

That looks great! Is the red roofed building actually part of the studio? Looks like you got a dream home AND studio!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2013-04-26, 6:07pm
Fire and Fluidity

No, unfortunately the building with the red roof is on the lot next door. Wish I had the money to buy it.

Old 2013-04-27, 6:22am
Knob Creek Glass

I asked someone the other day, whether you were still around. I want some of your tools that you were selling awhile back. Let me know when you are back doing that. There is an old message for you on LE.
Congratulations on your new adventure.
Old 2013-04-28, 5:34pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Congrats on the new adventure - it will be fun to see things happening!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-04-30, 9:47am
Redheaded Thread Killer

Looks awesome, can't wait to see the progress!

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
Old 2013-05-02, 4:16pm
Fire and Fluidity

This is my current studio, which has everything crammed into a space about 12 X 20 feet. All this gets to expand into the new space.

Jewelry studio:

Glass benches:

Stringing- cording bench
etching-cleaning bench

There is actually one more area that has my cold working stuff in it.

Last edited by fyrsmith; 2013-05-02 at 4:36pm.
Old 2013-05-12, 8:45am
Molten Glass Addict

Love the new studio space, can't wait to see the progress.

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2013-05-30, 5:07pm
Fire and Fluidity

I bought this huge old U-Haul truck with a 20 foot box plus a cabover. The plan is to get as much of my studio into it as I can, then put it on the ferry Kennicott to Bellingham on July 14th. We will fly down to meet it, drive it to Newport and start setting up the new studio. It should be an adventure! -Don-
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-30, 6:33pm

Good luck with everything Don. Keep posting we want to see the progress.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-05-30, 8:41pm

Good luck with the new adventure! Retirement is great.

Is everyone moving to Oregon?!!

Ginko Beads
Old 2013-05-31, 10:08am
Fire and Fluidity

The neat thing about this truck is that after I'm finished using it to move, I can turn it into a mobile studio. It is actually only a little smaller than my current studio!

Old 2013-06-01, 10:43am
They see me rollin'...

Wow, how cool that you have your very own U-Haul! How handy that must be!

Have fun setting up your new studio!

-Patti
Old 2013-06-12, 10:21am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Hey Don, congrats on retirement! We will be visiting friends in the area in mid September, maybe we can get together. I will message you when it get closer. There are a lot of glass peeps in that area and the area itself is one of our favorites.
ChrisAnn

Old 2013-06-12, 10:33am

Congrats and best wishes in your next life adventure!
Old 2013-06-12, 5:54pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Welcome Mr, we arenot fare from you just up the 34 in waldport on the river.

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2013-06-13, 10:56am
Practicing perfect

Congratulations on retirement and the new studio. Excited to see the progress.

Old 2013-07-31, 4:37am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Looking forward to seeing how everything is going!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin