Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-09-23, 8:26am
I fart diamonds

You can pick up a Homefill for less than $700 and it connects to your concentrator. You hook it to an oxygen tank to fill your own tanks. Here's my setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yjqZTaT88

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-09-23, 12:04pm

Shawnette, that is a sweet set up! Thanks for posting the vid!

Old 2013-09-23, 7:44pm

Hey ladies. And hello again Shawnette. I had/have a Lynx and also upgraded to a Phantom and it really is an awesome torch!! I have 2 m20s and run the outer on tanked. What I'd like to know is what's better about the Regalias?? And where is the best place to procure such an animal. Thx a bunch. And GTT ROCKS!!!!
Mark
Old 2013-09-24, 7:02am
Flamewoman

Kimberly at Pyronamix sell them. They run quiet, cool and seem to have more pressure than an M-20. I ran a lynx on one, after selling my M-20 and the torch was considerably hotter with the regalia.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-09-24, 12:52pm

Can you run the homefill off of the M20? That would be ideal for me.
Old 2013-09-24, 1:17pm
I fart diamonds

Yes

Old 2013-09-26, 9:09pm
Flamewoman

Well I got the yolk, it helps some but it is too high for the way I work really. I wish it could be about 4 inches lower, but it can't. It forces me to hold rod down into the flame, because it is so high. Oh well, if I wind up not using it at all there's always the garage sale. It also forces me to have a relatively clear bench top, that's not neccesarily bad, but if I want to move and ajust the yolk, I can't have glass everywhere, like usual.
My overall plan is to get a homefill system by the end of the year. I think with more heat to my scorpion it would allow me to work faster, and using the yolk when I can helps too. I wear wrist supports when I torch, & I should give up playing solitare on computer, that's not the best for my already tired wrists but I am kind of hooked on it.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-09-26, 9:50pm
I fart diamonds

Why don't you just raise your torch?

Old 2013-09-26, 10:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Well I got the yolk, it helps some but it is too high for the way I work really. I wish it could be about 4 inches lower, but it can't. It forces me to hold rod down into the flame, because it is so high. Oh well, if I wind up not using it at all there's always the garage sale. It also forces me to have a relatively clear bench top, that's not neccesarily bad, but if I want to move and ajust the yolk, I can't have glass everywhere, like usual.
My overall plan is to get a homefill system by the end of the year. I think with more heat to my scorpion it would allow me to work faster, and using the yolk when I can helps too. I wear wrist supports when I torch, & I should give up playing solitare on computer, that's not the best for my already tired wrists but I am kind of hooked on it.
Yes. The height is one of the reasons I had mine made for me. Seemed the off the shelf ones were not proportioned correctly for me. Dont give up on the yolk. Think of your setup as a work in progress.
Old 2013-09-28, 7:37am

How is the yolk working out Mary?
Old 2013-09-28, 5:32pm
Flamewoman

This an old shot of torch set up, not using the lynx anymore, but it shows you how my torch area is set up. The yolk is hard to place as the creation station makes the surface uneven, and then the yolk is so tall that it makes me angle the glass down and that doesn't work for much. I find myself resting my hand on the darned thing the most. I am going to ask dh if he can somehow make it shorter, llike with a saw,lol.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2013-09-28, 8:30pm

a work in progress.
Old 2013-09-29, 5:45am

You could take the yoke to a welding shop and have them hack-saw off an inch from both the leg and the leg holder. It shouldn't cost more than $30 bucks or so. Or you could raise your torch a little.

Isn't it funny how we all have our torches set up so different, perfectly customized to each of us!

Old 2013-09-29, 6:47am
I fart diamonds

I just made an adjustable one for less than $4!

Old 2013-09-29, 6:54am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
You could take the yoke to a welding shop and have them hack-saw off an inch from both the leg and the leg holder. It shouldn't cost more than $30 bucks or so. Or you could raise your torch a little.

Isn't it funny how we all have our torches set up so different, perfectly customized to each of us!
From the pics, it looks like the yoke is made of aluminum. If that is the case, you can cut it off yourself using a dremel and a cutting wheel or a hacksaw. Aluminum is very soft.