Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-10-08, 5:48am

Default Bead RELEASER from Jim Moore

anyone have this?? It looks FAB! I think it would be great for preventing arthritis flareups and painful wrists. How awesome!! Does it really wokr?

http://www.toolsforglass.com/catalog...ser_video.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and also ......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-08, 6:46am
Ellyloo-YAH!

It *Does* look wonderful!
It looks SOOOO easy.
I wonder how it does with multiple beads on one mandrel?
also, I dont' see a price? (unless Imissed it)

Old 2008-10-08, 6:50am
Ellyloo-YAH!

never mind i found the price.

Old 2008-10-08, 7:04am

I have one. I purchased it at the Gathering. It does work very well. The mandrels stay straight so no more misshapen mandrels. The only thing for me is, I have to soak the bead first which I do anyway, and the loosen the bead with pliers. Then it will slide right off the mandrel. Now, there is one thing you have to understand, I make HUGE beads so I think if your beads are of normal size, you would not have to loosen them first. It's a beautiful high quality tool. Just what you would expect from Jim.

Old 2008-10-09, 3:08am
Addicted to Frit!!!

I LOVE mine (thanks Barb). I soak the mandrels just for a few minutes and then into the bead releaser they go. Fast, easy, no bending of mandrels anymore and absolutely no more stress on my wrists...LOVE IT!!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2008-10-09, 5:13am

Has anyone used it with multiple beads on a mandrel? I never thought of that......

and also ......
Old 2008-11-15, 6:58am
Calendar Girl

Mom got me one for my bday. Tried it last night. Works great! Easy! Thanks, Jim.

Old 2008-11-16, 4:42am
Knob Creek Glass

I love mine, both of them. One for short mandrels (9") and one for the longer ones. I would not give them up for anything.
Old 2008-11-16, 7:37pm
Yorkies Rule

dumb question here....if you want to use this tool with different size mandrels(length) you would have to buy two separate tools...there isn't an adaption piece so you could just switch mandrel sizes?
Old 2008-11-18, 3:08am
Ruri Glass Studio

You can use mandrels in different thickness on this tool because you can tighten the clincher to hold the mandrel. But if you make your beads in the middle of a mandrel, it doesn't work.

At the Gathering, I took a mandrel with three small beads (about 1/4") to the Jim Moore booth and tried the tool. It worked.
Old 2008-11-18, 12:27pm

I make super long beads which sometimes go almost to the middle of my mandrels. Jim made a shorter version of the bead releaser which works perfectly on my beads. Sometimes I have to slightly loosen the longer ones first like Cynthia described, but it still saves my wrist and mandrels and has made removing my beads sooooo much easier. Oh and you will never find better customer service!! If you have any questions just give him a call!!
Mary T.