Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-06-12, 6:00am
Cats & Glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThing View Post
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only person here that is Patience Challenged!

Joanna,

Yours was shipped Monday afternoon too - weird! Please let me know if it doesn't arrive today. And I'm not sure what good tracking is - all it says is that the data was received. Ugh!

Janelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-12, 6:09am
Borovangelist

Yup, got mine yesterday

|
|
Old 2009-06-12, 11:13am
Young at Heart

Janelle - THanks for the message. I really hope that the Post office gets their act together and gets it to me today! It's not like they don't know where I am - glass comes in all the time!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-06-12, 4:00pm
Bliss Junkie

mine came today, cant wait to play!!!!

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-06-12, 6:05pm
Young at Heart

Mine came too! Can't wait to get out early before the heat and try some! Thanks, Janelle!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Old 2009-06-12, 7:34pm

Mine came in yesterday. Woo Hoo just in time for the weekend!

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-06-13, 5:49am
Cats & Glass!

So glad the glass is arriving. Now, let's post some work (please)!

Several people have asked me if this will be a regular color for Momka. Yes!

Here's the newest item number in her line - MB0711

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-13, 8:41pm
Young at Heart

okay guys - I am fairly new to boro having only worked with it since February of this year. I made a couple of pieces this morning and all I have is a nice even tan yellow, baby poo color with the exception of the bottom where I burned off my putty. What have I done wrong? Help is appreciated!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Old 2009-06-13, 8:49pm
Cats & Glass!

Joanna,

It's a silvered glass so it sounds like you might have overworked it. Others may have better advice but I found that it worked best when you get it hot enough to apply, then cool it until it loses its glow. Then gently reintroduce it to the flame until glowing - then encase or put it away in the kiln.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-13, 9:11pm
Young at Heart

Janelle - Thanks for the quick return response. I coated a clear rod with it, burned it smooth, shaped a pendant, then strike it in the flame. I will try something simple tomorrow! Thanks for the advice.

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Old 2009-06-23, 6:51am
Cats & Glass!

Hi All -

Last call for this color. Several people have said they want some but haven't paid - that's fine but I need to place one more order with Momka (on Thursday) and if your payment isn't in by then, then it will require waiting until the retailers have picked this color up.

The new color announcement will come soon. Watch your PM box and emails!

Thanks,

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-23, 6:56am

We will be looking forward to the new announcement. Thanks, Janelle..

Old 2009-06-23, 6:59am

Can't WAIT for the next color. I played a bit with this this weekend and this is a beautiful color!! thanks!

tanya
Old 2009-06-23, 7:33am
Booger #7

I can't wait for the new color announcement Janelle!

Old 2009-06-24, 6:14am
Cats & Glass!

Last day to order is tomorrow by noon PST!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-25, 7:03pm
Cats & Glass!

If you got your order in - thank you! I may have an extra pound or so, but I'm not sure. I talked to Momka today and she gave me a couple of really nice possible colors!

Announcement on the 1st of the month and then, I'll likely take orders for a week before shipping so that I can get the glass all on one shipment and out to people.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-07-14, 9:16pm
don't burn your fingers!

I am PMing you! MAYBE you still have some? I just found this thread!
Old 2009-07-14, 9:46pm
Skeptical Optimist

Yeah, I'm always late to the party It's going on the wishlist!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2009-07-17, 8:52pm
Gay rights R human rights

I worked with this glass yesterday in town and OMG I love it!!!! I did a set of slim sprees and the colour....yummy. Unfortunately, I was not in my own studio so I cant see the beads again until next Wed....

bravo torch with 2 ex20's