Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-05-23, 6:58am
Formerly known as weasel

Default Urgent...help Needed Please

Ok here is the deal, I have a new Dell Laptop to replace the other one that was stolen. The person who took it is still messing around with me, but thats not the reason for the urgent plea.
I have msn hotmail for my internet and email. well I can't send any emails out because its telling me I am not connected to outlook express. How do I do this so I can send email from here (laptop) Its very frustrating to have to wait till the end of the day to go to my desk top to respond to my email. Can someone please help and explain in dummy person terms!!!
Thank you so very much

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-23, 7:22am
Wait.....what?

Try this - go to Msn.com - go to the Tools at the top of the page. In the drop down menu go to 'Internet Options'. That should bring up a window with tabs across the top. Go to 'Programs' and change the e-mail program to Windows Live mail or Outlook - just not Express.
Clear as mud?

Old 2008-05-23, 5:43pm
Formerly known as weasel

Thank you so much!!!! I think it now works like a charm and I am so happy. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Old 2008-05-23, 5:53pm
Wait.....what?

Oh good, I'm glad I could help. I knew what you meant because i had to fix that problem for myself once.

Old 2008-05-24, 9:02pm

On a side note, has the person who stole your original laptop been arrested? If I recall correctly, wasn't there a lot of theft involved regarding some online accounts? I know it's been a while, but I really feel badly for you with this difficult situation.

Old 2008-05-25, 8:58am
Formerly known as weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholebeth View Post
On a side note, has the person who stole your original laptop been arrested? If I recall correctly, wasn't there a lot of theft involved regarding some online accounts? I know it's been a while, but I really feel badly for you with this difficult situation.
No, he has not been arrested, and the file is still open too. The police say they have no way of tracking him or the computer.

Latest thing he did was downloaded a virus on my new dell laptop. The only way to get it off was to call Dell and I won't even tell you how much that cost!
I have not put anything personal on the laptop, and now my Online banking has a new secure feature and paypal I have the security feature where you have to enter a code.

Just waiting for the next trick he will pull....Dang I wish they could catch him. The only good thing that came out of all of this is that by him stealing all the money in my checking and savings account, I was able to finally get my Mortgage lender to rewrite my two year arm from $1700.00 a month down to $895.00 a month, but still struggling to catch up from December and January when all this happened.

Oh life is grand! I am just happy that there wasn't more damage done, and now I am trying to find things to sell off to pay for the larger bills that I was saving for.

Old 2008-05-25, 8:07pm
maybe tomorrow

Are you saying he downloaded a virus onto the new laptop that is in your possession? I don't see how that could be possible.

Do you have an anti-virus software on the new laptop? If not, you might want to check out AVG. They have a free version that works very well. You can schedule it to scan daily (or whatever you want), and it will automatically check for updates. I've used it for years.