Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-09-12, 5:43pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLou View Post
Crista,
should we bring our hotheads? Is this all we will be doing at metal camp, or should we bring other stuff? Where are you ordering enamels from? I thought you needed more than 2 ozs to do it?
thanks!
Please PM Crista on what to bring.....I think we are just doing a demo and short DIY .........just to kinda give you an idea if you like it.
I will have washers but if you would like to enamel other copper please bring your pc with you....there will be access to a rolling mill and a plumber torch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-13, 1:07pm
I have beady eyes

I was just going to do a short demo on torch fired enamels - and a quick discussion of kiln fired enamels if anyone is interested. I will bring my hothead. Sandra can talk about her rolling mill (very, very cool) and demo that. What else would you like to see?
Old 2010-09-13, 1:18pm

I just met with Tracy and she has left me with mucho bags of metal beads (assortment)
for enameling. So if you are looking for something to try on this enamel journey they will be available and priced very reasonable for sale. They are really neat looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-14, 7:13am
I have beady eyes

LauraLou - 2 oz of enamel is alot and plenty for torch fired beads. I have not placed an order - we can get an order together at Sandra's if anyone wants too. It is about 1/2 price if we split 8 oz instead.
Old 2010-09-15, 2:25pm
Button Queen

October meeting is on the calendar for Oct 23rd!
Old 2010-09-15, 2:37pm
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristabman View Post
LauraLou - 2 oz of enamel is alot and plenty for torch fired beads. I have not placed an order - we can get an order together at Sandra's if anyone wants too. It is about 1/2 price if we split 8 oz instead.
I do have some that I bought previously, when pwf first came to my attention, but I'd like china pink and probably a few others. They're just so darn expensive and I'll have to see what I can afford.

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-09-16, 9:28am

Please "gatemistress" can we go back to one thread...I am getting
dizzy out here trying to follow everything

Old 2010-09-19, 6:49pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodunkhollow View Post
Me too.

Old 2010-09-19, 7:31pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

yep, lets kill this one!

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-09-20, 2:03pm
Cute and bitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodunkhollow View Post
I third that.
Old 2010-10-03, 9:05am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post
I third that.
Technically, we can't. this thread was in the other room, but someone must have narc'd on us, because one day it was moved. This room is for gatherings, class, and get togethers. We started two threads, becase the other room gets more traffic. So this thread is where we post the dates (the get togethers), and the other thread is for general dicussion and welcoming new peeps, per LE rules.

Old 2010-10-03, 9:06am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclogan View Post
October meeting is on the calendar for Oct 23rd!
Don't forget!

Old 2010-10-18, 7:36am
Button Queen

So.... what's everyone bringing...???? I'll have paper products and beverages.
Old 2010-10-18, 8:04am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I rarely know until the night before!

Old 2010-10-19, 9:24am
Enjoying Life!

I can't make it to this meet. I will be missing my glassy gals! I'm hoping that I can make November's get together (crossing fingers). Have fun!!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-10-24, 12:28pm
Eight Miles Wide

November's meeting is Nov 14th at Karen's (giapet).

Old 2010-11-02, 6:47pm

Default dipwads

I will have Saturdays off..please let me know how I can join in the fun!!:tigg er:

"Don't Worry, Bead Happy"

Old 2010-11-02, 8:36pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Kewl, New PEEPS!

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-11-09, 3:43pm
Button Queen

So.... anyone from the Lansing area going on Sunday? Besides me and Lenora... carpool...???
Old 2010-11-09, 4:21pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

For everyone leaving from GR, we can meet at the Hudsonville park n ride at, say 10:15. Sound good? Who all is going from GR?

Old 2010-11-09, 5:29pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
So.... anyone from the Lansing area going on Sunday? Besides me and Lenora... carpool...???
I can't do Sundays Why was I thinking Saturday, lol. Karen I'm sorry I have to miss it. I will catch everyone next month

Hugs

Old 2010-11-09, 10:14pm
Cute and bitey

Quote:
I'm also not going to be able to go this Sun. My parents are moving this weekend and I have to help.
Old 2010-11-10, 3:37am

What is the plan for Sunday what are we working on? Does it start at 11? I am not sure yet if I can go, but i am going to try really hard to be able to. Life with a baby is super fun but very busy!

Caroline
Old 2010-11-10, 8:23am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinesbeads View Post
What is the plan for Sunday what are we working on? Does it start at 11? I am not sure yet if I can go, but i am going to try really hard to be able to. Life with a baby is super fun but very busy!

Caroline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
For everyone leaving from GR, we can meet at the Hudsonville park n ride at, say 10:15. Sound good? Who all is going from GR?
Already answered

Old 2010-11-10, 9:31am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I am going to bring some of the new Light Zucca glass if anyone is interested.

I also have some more vermiculite if anyone wants some, just let me know and I will bring it. (free)

I also have a boatload of copper mesh scraps that I was going to take the time and sort through and sell on the site. Well, about 5 minutes of trying to pull that stuff apart cured me of that notion, so you all can dig through it and take what you want. (free)

Also, the last meeting was supposed to be the garage sale. I had forgot to bring my tub of beads that I wanted to sell, is it ok if I bring them this time? They are not priced, it would be a "make an offer" type thing.

Old 2010-11-10, 10:44am
Eight Miles Wide

oooh, copper!

What is everyone bringing to eat?

Old 2010-11-10, 10:52am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hey Karen, do I remember you saying that you have a saw that can cut through 3/16 tigg? Can I bring a couple cases to cut up?

Old 2010-11-10, 8:19pm
going crazy

I'm planning on going. See you in Hudsonville.

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2010-11-10, 9:02pm
Superkitty

I wish I could make it. The mind is willing, the body is not.

Have a great time everyone! I'll be thinking of you!

Hey JameyLynn, what is Light Zucca glass and do I need some?
Old 2010-11-10, 9:17pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Deb, I wish you were feeling better we will miss you.

The BC/CW folks need to meet at Dunkin Doughnuts at 10:00 so we can be in Otsego to pick up Laurie at 10:30. Who's going???