Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-04-02, 12:34pm

Default Oxy guys: Compressor specs?

I'm working on building a holding tank for oxygen produced by my concentrator. As I understand it, the compressors used oxycons can be used between an oxycon and the tank (with the pressure restrictor removed) to pressurize the output of the oxycon. Do any of you fellows sell a compressor that I could use to pressurize a holding tank to 100-200 PSI?

Thank you,
Josh
Old 2014-04-03, 8:59am
Co-owner

Josh,

Your best bet is to try Home Depot or Lowes for an oil-free compressor. Harbor freight has the best price I have found on air tanks. If linking several Oxycons make sure they are of the same PSI output. If you are filling K tanks make sure you use a regulator. We run a studio Hellcat using this system. I love it when people decide to cut loose from the O2 gas companies.
Best regards,
Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2014-04-03, 11:14am

Thanks for the info, Robert. The problem I've run into with compressors from a hardware store is that they are too fast. They'd kill my Hurricane oxycon with its 15 LPM output. So I am looking for a compressor that is slow enough that the concentrator can keep up with it. I found a Thomas Wob-L vacuum pump that looks like it will fit the bill, but Shawnette tipped me off that people have used the compressors from inside broken concentrators. That would be cheaper than buying the pump.

Josh
Old 2014-04-03, 2:20pm

Can someone please explain how to do this for me? And what brand compressor you got at hardware store that was to fast brand? I have a 5 lpm oxy con and I need more oxy so 15 psi would be heaven for me.

_
Old 2014-04-03, 8:05pm

Anything from the hardware store will be too fast. You need a compressor that matches the output of your concentrator. For a 5 lpm machine, you'll want a pump that runs at no more than .18 cubic feet per minute. Trey Cornett had a write-up on how he did his extra tank, I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited by CrassGlass; 2014-04-08 at 10:22am.
Old 2014-04-04, 3:21am

you need an oil less compressor....like a gast.

if you starting using a home depot air compressor to compress oxygen to 100 to 200 psi...you are going to have a very big surprise. BOOM.

do some research before potentially leveling your house and your neighbors.
Old 2014-04-04, 3:23am

guys...this is not as simple as it seems.

read this before you morons kill someone:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-04, 6:42am

Hi! Leetmoaf is doing that very thing with two of my 20's, go to available/oxygen profile page to my friends list click on leetmoaf send him a message, he would love to talk about his system! Verry smart young man!
Old 2014-04-04, 9:24am
Administrator

Quote:
guys...this is not as simple as it seems.

read this before you morons kill someone:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It is a good idea to point out safety as a concern, however, it is normally best to do without degrading people by calling them morons. People are asking questions in order to be safe.

Old 2014-04-04, 3:39pm

We give you a compressor for free when you purchase 2 of our mega 40 oxygen generators. Any compressor you get from an old oxygen concentrator will only put out about 40 psi. If you crank up the pressure the compressor will overheat. For several years I helped teach a safety class for one of the worlds largest oxygen manufacturers in the world. While it is very dangerous, with a little common sense you will be ok. While our "competitors" was busy reinventing the wheel by making 5, 8, and 10 Lpm machines we was busy making 20, 30, and 40 Lpm machines and matching up compressors safely. Contact us... We have done it.....successfully....... And lived....
Old 2014-04-08, 10:26am

I am well-aware of the risks, and oxygen at 100 PSI is a very low risk. I *have* done my research. Available Gast pumps are too fast, so I was looking at the Thomas Wob-L line. It appears that the oxycon compressors won't fit the bill, so ordered the Thomas 115ADC56/12.
Old 2014-04-09, 8:57am

Quote:
I am well-aware of the risks, and oxygen at 100 PSI is a very low risk. I *have* done my research. Available Gast pumps are too fast, so I was looking at the Thomas Wob-L line. It appears that the oxycon compressors won't fit the bill, so ordered the Thomas 115ADC56/12.
Keep me informed of your progress please.

_
Old 2014-04-09, 9:06pm

Sheila, you can follow my progress here: