Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2005-09-15, 8:16pm
Crispy Critter

Default Hey, Gail!

What did you decide about offering frit samplers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-09-16, 7:13am
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdd
What did you decide about offering frit samplers?
I want to do it, just can't make up my mind or find the time or energy to DO it! Then, of course,there is the fact that I'll never be able to decide which frits get included....sigh...I want to go back to sleep!!!--Gail

Old 2005-09-16, 7:22am
Crispy Critter

Okay, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on it. I have no idea how you have things set up, so don't know if this would be a big pain in the patoot...could you offer a set of 6 (or whatever) frit samples and let the buyer choose the colors they want to try?

Old 2005-09-16, 8:25am
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdd
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on it. I have no idea how you have things set up, so don't know if this would be a big pain in the patoot...could you offer a set of 6 (or whatever) frit samples and let the buyer choose the colors they want to try?
Actually, the only way this could be feasible is to have a "fixed" assortment that I could make in advance (i.e., filling a bunch of bags of each of six colors all at the same time). Using an assembly-line process is the only economical use of my time.

It winds up being very time consuming to "fill on demand"...If I did it that way, I wouldn't be able to discount it...And I can't afford to have SO much frit on hand to prefill sample bags with all the colors, and then just pluck them from a box, as needed (my other thought)...If I did that, I wouldn't have enough to fill normal orders. Sigh...did I say I want to go back to bed?...

Old 2005-09-16, 9:21am
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Joseph
Actually, the only way this could be feasible is to have a "fixed" assortment that I could make in advance (i.e., filling a bunch of bags of each of six colors all at the same time). Using an assembly-line process is the only economical use of my time.

It winds up being very time consuming to "fill on demand"...If I did it that way, I wouldn't be able to discount it...And I can't afford to have SO much frit on hand to prefill sample bags with all the colors, and then just pluck them from a box, as needed (my other thought)...If I did that, I wouldn't have enough to fill normal orders. Sigh...did I say I want to go back to bed?...
Yep, that sounds like a major PITA, so nevermind.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-09-16, 10:18am
Moving On

I think I've figured out the best plan...I'm currently working on 6 new blends...I have 4 that I like so far. When they are ready, I'll offer those as a sample pack, and I'll do the same in the future for new blends...YAY, a plan!!!!

Thanks for all of your input Chris!!!--Gail

Old 2005-09-16, 12:41pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Joseph
I think I've figured out the best plan...I'm currently working on 6 new blends...I have 4 that I like so far. When they are ready, I'll offer those as a sample pack, and I'll do the same in the future for new blends...YAY, a plan!!!!

Thanks for all of your input Chris!!!--Gail
Ooh, I LIKE that plan, thanks, Gail!