Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-10-10, 1:12pm

Default Manda Muddimer in Austin, TX March 21-24, 2014

We are really excited to have Manda Muddimer of Mangobeads coming to Blue Moon Glassworks from the UK to teach her wonderful techniques for
making her Sundial and Harlequin Cabochons.

The techniques used in constructing both these cabochons rely heavily on
heat control in order to maintain control of the glass and the design
application. Both designs demonstrate confident use of the torch as a tools for effective heat management - the key to successful Cabochons.

Manda will share with you a technique she has discovered that will enable
you to easily alter and perfect both the Sundial and Harlequin designs making it very difficult to 'go wrong' with raking, encasing and manipulation of the glass. You will be left wondering how you managed without it and will be able to apply all the knowledge you have learnt in constructing your cabochons to many areas of your bead making. Manda will then demonstrate for you how to clean up your work and make simple
and effective pendants from the finished cabochons.

2-day classes on Friday/Saturday and Sunday/Monday
Lunch will be provided.
Tuition: $450

March 21-22 and 23-14, 2014

Register by phone today:
Old 2013-10-10, 2:04pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Oh MY GOSH! I want to take her class SO bad!! Its so far off in the future for me tho. I will have to wait and see how things are but if I can in ANY way I will certainly be there!!!!
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-10-12, 8:49am
Certified Glassaholic!

Whoop whoop!!! See you there

Old 2013-10-12, 2:18pm

Manda is an awesome teacher, and you will learn things from her that you can take and apply to your own style of beads as well. If you can get along, do so, as you won't be disappointed!

Old 2013-10-14, 4:44am
Mango Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbels View Post
Manda is an awesome teacher, and you will learn things from her that you can take and apply to your own style of beads as well. If you can get along, do so, as you won't be disappointed!
now what did i i do to deserve that - thats SOOO nice Helen thank you !!!!

Im very much looking forward to the whole experience and to meeting Jim and Rose
Heres a few Harlequin Cabs that we will be learning the techniques for on the second day

image by Mangobeads, on Flickr

IMG_1468 by Mangobeads, on Flickr

]

Manda x
Old 2014-03-24, 7:33pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Just wanted to pop in and say THIS WAS THE BEST CLASS EVAH!!!! Manda is such a sweetheart and David is just a fantastic sidekick Jim and Rose host a wicked awesome class. I would totally take this class again and definitely go back to Blue Moon anytime!!!

Thanks y'all for a most FABULOUS time

Old 2014-03-28, 12:32pm
Mango Beads

Hi Yee YEEPERS like that !!! it was just great to meet you and the class and whole trip was just Awesome !!!!

If anyone still needs to take a class at Bluemoon then they should it is the most wonderful studio and Jim and Rose are just simply THE BEST !!!

]

Manda x

Tags
austin, blue moon glassworks, bluemoon, cabochons, class, harleguin, manda muddimer, mangobeads, sundial, texas