Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-07-09, 2:53pm
Misty And Lisa

Default Help with a Tripod Head please!

I have been given a Bogen Manfrotto 3001 series tripod but it has no head. I have no clue which one I would need. Money is an issue so the least expensive that I can get away with at the moment would be great. Any tips on what to search for would be great. I am using a Canon Rebel XTi. Specs or keywords are great too. I'm not afraid to search I just don't know what to look for.

Thank you! ~Misty

Last edited by UrbanGoddessDesigns; 2008-08-18 at 3:43pm.
Old 2008-07-09, 4:13pm
Flaming Redhead!

Misty...if I recall you're in Sacto? There should be a Ritz Camera there (no, not endorsing them but figured they're big and you'd probably have one close) and call them...If I'm not mistaken you can get a head for as low as $49 made by BogenManfrotto...and, if they give you a model number you could research it online to see if you could find one at a better price...

Or, do a search for Bogen Manfrotto head for 3001...I believe the heads are pretty interchangeable with the tripods or at least that's been my experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2008-07-10, 1:42pm
Misty And Lisa

Thanks Alex. That sounds like a good idea. Too bad I hadn't know last week, I was at the mall where they are located. I just wasn't sure what type of head I needed for the tripod and camera. I found ones from $35 to $200+ and want one that will hold the camera. I will try Ritz and see if anyone there knows.

Thanks again! ~Misty