Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-08-31, 1:24pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Scanned Images

This is a non-bead photo question - is there a way to increase the size of a scanned image and not get distortion? I scanned some old photos of our daughter and wanted to do a side by side image with her new baby - but I can't get the photo scanned to a descent size. I've got Photoshop Elements 6.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion or two!

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-31, 1:54pm
da General

What kind of distortion are you talking about, Lynn? Also what kind of scanner do you have? I usually scan at 300 dpi and @200% of the final size since most flat-bed home scanners do not have the highest quality (unlike professional drum scanners) - then I clean up the images and reduce the size in Photoshop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-08-31, 4:01pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

The image is very small....and when I zoom or resize, it is so grainy you can't believe it! My scanner is part of my printer - a Brother 1000. I'm thinking I need to enlarge it on the scanner - is that a possibility?

Old 2008-08-31, 4:28pm
da General

That's what I meant by scanning it at 200% . . . perhaps even 300-400%. I think most scanner software allows you to do that. Make sure it's at 300 dpi so you will get the best scanning resolution.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-08-31, 6:12pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Sounds like I need to find the printer/scanner guide......thanks, Hayley!

Old 2008-09-12, 7:25am

Can you scan at a higher resolution? If I plan on enlarging the photo from the original, I'll scan at 600or 1200dpi. The downside is that larger scans take longer, are large files, and can bog down photoshop.

If you can't get it to work, I'd be happy to scan it for you. Just pm me.

Good Luck!
Mary