Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-07-19, 4:01pm
Does my glass look 2 big?

Default Before and After shots using LEVELS - wanna post?

I found Scott's great tut on Levels but it seems too many pages long and the before and after shots are getting lost. Maybe Scott, and any one else of course, can come around here and see our before and after levels adjustment photos and helps us out... again! ... Thanks Scott!

Before & After (Using Levels)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-20, 11:02pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I have a simple bead editing tutorial (using Photoshop):
http://www.beadsbybabe.com/photoedit1.htm

Hope this help!

Old 2008-07-21, 1:24am

Thanks I have tons of pictures to edit and Scotts was way over my pea brain it is all so confusing. That is the way I have been doing it so I guess I was not too far off. I wish I could do more tweeking I just don't understand the steps and my photoshope elements edition must be different because it does not look the same

Last edited by bead crazy; 2008-07-21 at 1:26am.
Old 2008-07-26, 7:27am
szglassy

Great tut........born2snooze!

Thanks!
Old 2008-07-26, 8:29am
Formerly SirWatson

born2snooze - I read your tutorial (great btw!) and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I've actually been using the exact same technique! It's easy, quick and works great!

I'm using a bead photography set up, and it can tend to under expose most of my images since the lights are basically fluorescent and I only use a white background. Using the "set white point" in Levels fixes that whole problem! Reds still appear a little dark, but like you said, the histogram can fix that.

<><
Old 2008-08-10, 8:54am
Enjoying Life!

I'd like to see the pictures too!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2008-08-10, 2:06pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thank you Szglassy, I planned to do further tut, but never got a chance yet. Hopefully soon.

Thank you Karla!

Old 2008-08-12, 7:49am
Logan's mommy

Great! Thank you for that tutorial. I can't wait to try that when I get home. I'm forever battling with my pictures.
Old 2008-10-22, 1:00pm

Default Levels

I took your image and tried to adjusted it using only levels. I opened the levels panel and selected the eyedropper tool that "sets the white point" I clicked around before I got a result that was pretty good. Then I adjusted the histogram to 86. The levels tool will work better if you tell the computer what white black and gray are. It will auto level better if you can set each of these. Mike Jordon has explained this in this post and has a picture of how you would do it. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106451
Attached Images