LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-10-04, 3:16pm

lol I think your trying to say you don't want my fish pink either Kim???

I think one of my big disaster's was actually Bullseye. I tried something with the dark aventurine not realizing that it would be BLACK not dark green and it looked like burnt candy with little to no sparkle and it was rougher than lava rock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blogger
Old 2008-10-04, 3:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
You want some Fish Pink?????
If you want to send me some then I am game to try it.

Debbie
Old 2008-10-04, 4:44pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Bullseye Superman is the FUGLIEST color known to man.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-04, 4:46pm
Cheesehead Packer lover

Even if you cover that stuff in frit, Fish Guts Pink is still the winner in the ugly contest!!!!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2008-10-04, 5:03pm

I hate Vetrofond fish pond. It's such a dirty ugly green. My very favorite is Cim Sangre Red. I lllooovvveee it, & ink blue.
Old 2008-10-04, 5:41pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmaw View Post
Actually that red looks cool, and I like fish pink. What I don't like is the vetro pink marble. It never looks like anything other than off white for me. I bought it when it first came out and it is still sitting there.
Now I though that was one of THOSE colors. You know, an odd lot that tons of people liked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Yellow ocher. Eeeeewwwww! I got one batch that was supposed to be the green ocher that I LOVE but this one is a nasty yellow with a green tint to it. I trusted a pic online and have 4 pounds of hideousness.
Fish pink - fish guts...what's the diff? lol
Terra. I. just. don't. get. it.
Rainbow Red. As far as I can remember, rainbows don't look that! Creepy color IMO.
I do love that original pineapple sparkle though. Yum
That Yellow Yellow Ocher is an unusual color. Most days I like it and we get along, but it does have it's days. Or is it just me that has those days???

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Blame it on Loco!!! She's such a riot...I adore her! She sure knows how to take a "bottom of the dumpster" topic and make it a true winner (no offense intended here, missy - it's a TALENT!!!)

Glad your feeling better! I read about your plight - whew, good thing you're pro-active on your own behalf!!!

De
Dear, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS MY FAULT! Just ask, most people will tell you it is... I'm OK with it, really I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesorobeads View Post
Loco you can sell that color to me any day. I absolutely love red glass. CIM sangre is yummy to me.
I love to use yellow ocher also as I makes a cool snake bead.
Sorry, I cannot think of any glass colors that I really dislike.

Debbie
Debbie wanna trade for Puke ummm errrr American Beauty?

OK so here are some of the things I have done with the AB puke red... While I was helping pack Pam (pittsglass) to move from my house to Oregon she was having a "day..." Well she threw some glass off the workbench on to the floor... Wait, what color was that? Ummm black! NOOOOOOOO I'm low on black, here have some crap to break! Well before I knew it there had to be a half dozen rods bouncing (Yes, glass bounces!) on the concrete floor. Man that felt GOOD!
Old 2008-10-04, 5:48pm

All of them today... I suck at beadmaking.... I hope that this will change....

Old 2008-10-04, 5:50pm
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
You can say that again sister! The ones that are mostly red are beautiful streaky red, but the ones that come out lavenderish (and that is a kind description) are horrid.

~

Old 2008-10-04, 6:00pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

to prove how ugly BE Superman is:

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-04, 6:01pm
sunscreen me baby

But isn't that red pretty? Too bad I have one of those rods left and a about 20 of the "others"

~

Old 2008-10-04, 6:04pm

Hmmm...Striking orange is the worst to me. I made a heart out of it and was shocked when it came out of the kiln. Of course I'm one of those that loves River Rock so that would make sense lol! Waterfall from R4 bugs me too. No matter what I do I just get this odd translucent yellow/green that is not pretty. And maybe the worst of all... bright acid yellow! Ugh!
Old 2008-10-04, 6:14pm

Sure loco. What colors do you like? How much do you have? What coe is that?

Debbie
Old 2008-10-04, 6:16pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
But isn't that red pretty? Too bad I have one of those rods left and a about 20 of the "others"
I don't like either one actually, but the red is less fugly .

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-04, 6:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfamily View Post
vetro candy apple & the cim red, a really dark dried blood color....one of their first releases....bordello....ew ew ew ew
Give me Bordello any day of the week it is the perfect color for making my turkey beads for my Virginia Tech pens!! But then again I live on the dark side and love anything blood red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
lime sweet
a heck of a lot of silver 104's I can't make sing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda's Beads View Post
Lime sweet, strawberry sweet, striking red -uggh, I'm sure user error has a lot to do with the colors I don't like.
Send that stuff my way baby, lime and strawberry sweet are two of my favorite colors for making kitty cats! If you really want to get some nice colors out if it you've got to hit it with an extremely oxidizing flame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
Yellow ocher. Eeeeewwwww! I got one batch that was supposed to be the green ocher that I LOVE but this one is a nasty yellow with a green tint to it. I trusted a pic online and have 4 pounds of hideousness.
Fish pink - fish guts...what's the diff? lol
Terra. I. just. don't. get. it.
Rainbow Red. As far as I can remember, rainbows don't look that! Creepy color IMO.
I do love that original pineapple sparkle though. Yum
If Jed brings back Terra you will me doing a happy dance from one coast to the other as it is the ONLY DH glass that I can get consistent colors from.

Must say I'm not impressed with Pandora as I am just too impatient for kiln striking, maybe I'll see if someone wants to trade.

Never tried fish pink so don't know if I like it or not. I don't know that I've found a color that I hate as if it looks crappy like Frog Pond in the paddle I don't even buy it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE River Rock and have over a pound of it stashed away as it makes the perfect beach/sand for ocean beads.
Old 2008-10-04, 6:23pm
Entropy increasing....

That Vetro Kelp is truly disgusting. It's Vetro right? Maybe its Moretti. It's that transparent color of bilge.
Old 2008-10-04, 6:26pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Honey Crunch - if I wanted something that looked like ivory, I'd buy ivory, not an imitation that chunks onto my work surface in 1" pieces... I keep using up shorts of it not to waste it, but I'll probably ignore the rods for a while.

Not an huge fan of EDP, but it also doesn't like me.

Pineapple Sparkle is nice - I mean, it's no translucent yellow, but...
OMG nikki how do you hate honey crunch!! i loooove that stuff. i love it, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrakat123 View Post
I hate Vetrofond fish pond. It's such a dirty ugly green. My very favorite is Cim Sangre Red. I lllooovvveee it, & ink blue.
why does everyone hate frog pond? i am a big weirdo that adores that spurt of odd lots.

Old 2008-10-04, 6:41pm
Scientific Glass Girl

this thread rocks. we can all trade around the glass we hate..

Old 2008-10-04, 6:50pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I will trade some of that BE superman for some fish pink! I've never tried it!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-04, 7:07pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Loco tried to give me some of that ugly color.... I knew better! I have enough ugly glass of my own.

Fish Pink... Check
Pink Flower..Check
Pink Flower Dark.. Check
Pink 3... Check
Pink Odd.. Check check check (5lbs of this one)
Italian Marble..Check
Rainbow Red..Check
Crystal Green- love the name but why? it turns yellow when you melt it, looks just like striking yellow to me. Check..check

I am sure I could go on but I will stop here....

Old 2008-10-04, 7:25pm
Catnip Pusher

I have some of the Vetrofond Moss Agate. It's black. That's it, just black. What a waste. Da Vinci II and Van Gogh were both a total waste for me also, and expensive ones to boot. Oh - my all-time least favorite is Arancio Perfecto. Blech!!!

On the other hand, I like pineapple sparkle, river rock, fish pink, and honey crunch.

Aimee
Old 2008-10-04, 7:30pm
Mary Lockwood

I love the moss agate.

Unfortunately, I'm a 1/4 pound glass ho. The good part is that if I order something I don't like, I only have a few rods of it. The bad part is that if I order something I really love, I only have a few rods of it.

I used up all my frog pond deciding I don't like it, or I would definitely trade somebody something for it. Or heck, even give it away. I think I used the last of it up as cores to opaque encasements. LOL

My favorite color right now is vetro dark olive green transparent. I'm sure I have that name screwed up somehow or other, but I'm having fun with that color. I shouldn't say it is my 'favorite', but it is the one I'm playing with most and I'm very happy with it.

~~Mary

Old 2008-10-04, 7:58pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolychromeBeads View Post
I have some of the Vetrofond Moss Agate. It's black. That's it, just black. What a waste. Da Vinci II and Van Gogh were both a total waste for me also, and expensive ones to boot. Oh - my all-time least favorite is Arancio Perfecto. Blech!!!

On the other hand, I like pineapple sparkle, river rock, fish pink, and honey crunch.

Aimee
Aimee--I LOVE Arancio Perfecto and Vetro Moss Agate! Send it here!
The Moss Agate is black, but try it with some of the silver colors.
It is a bit more charcoal color than black. Also turns some colors
other colors besides the ones they are supposed to be....you still
may not like it, so if you want to get rid of it....
Arancio is pretty with a core of coral(I know, sometimes it cracks,
but so far it has been great with AP). Somehow that helps the color
bloom. Otherwise it can be tough to strike....

colors that I hate?
Northstar Blueberry---gorgeous color!! but it is explosive with anything but itself. truly explosive....flying glass everywhere....

hmmmm....I like the effects of Anise White but the shockiness is maddening.

There was some frit I bought that bubbled so bad it should have just been called insta-foam....

nagi

Old 2008-10-04, 8:53pm
Trying to Hope!

Anyone who hates Fish Pink can send it my way I love it

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-10-04, 9:59pm

I honey CRUNCH too! (there's a reason they put CRUNCH in the name )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-10-04, 10:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I have to admit that of all the bullseye I drool over and rush out to want to try... this was NOT one of them. I couldn't even bring myself to get a rod of it. LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-10-04, 10:04pm

[quote=loco;

Dear, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS MY FAULT! Just ask, most people will tell you it is... I'm OK with it, really I am.

OK so here are some of the things I have done with the AB puke red... While I was helping pack Pam (pittsglass) to move from my house to Oregon she was having a "day..." Well she threw some glass off the workbench on to the floor... Wait, what color was that? Ummm black! NOOOOOOOO I'm low on black, here have some crap to break! Well before I knew it there had to be a half dozen rods bouncing (Yes, glass bounces!) on the concrete floor. Man that felt GOOD![/quote]

I have told the guy I work with on the Soccer park I was given these shoulder's for a reason. That reason's so blame can just pile up and roll on off cause it's gonna be my fault one way or another..

But really I do have to say that Loco and Pam have a way of making dull day's not so dull. Kind of reminds me of the Cat in the Hat

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-10-04, 10:42pm
Corgi Cult Member

I WILL make a pretty bead from Fish Pink before I die.

Pass the frit.......

Old 2008-10-04, 11:05pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
That vetro ocher color I've got some in the very bottom of my picnic basket! Now I know who I should send it to!!! (where is loco's address???) It's an old batch too...came with some batch I bought from someone else...got really nice glass & that icky mystery with it....ewwwwww....(ironically, my sister loves that shade )
I don't use much in the way of rusts/oranges (as in all those weird odd lot oranges) either (unless they're in rainbows ) & yet, I adore all the corals...not really sure HOW that one worked out??
Send them to me! Me! Me!

I really dislike the cobalt and cobalt-like bright and dark blues. Really hate them both in opaque and transparent form. I am so glad for colours like Lauscha Steel Blue, Vetrofond Blue Slate, Vetrofod Pajama Blue and Leaky Pen so that I can still have blue in my palate.

-
-
Old 2008-10-04, 11:23pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwhim View Post

Pass the frit.......
just encase it with any other pastel color and voila... pretty fish pink bead.

btw I think we should all send our fish pink to Kimberley. That will teach her to never say she doesn't want free ugly stuff lol

Old 2008-10-04, 11:24pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

oh and I have some real ugly no lots from vetrofond as well, they look blue but when you hold it up against the light its transparant red. Weird stuff I tell ya.