Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

View Poll Results: I use Zimmerman frits
All the time! 3 33.33%
Frequently 2 22.22%
Sometimes 2 22.22%
Infrequently 0 0%
Never 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-20, 7:36am

Default How often do you use Zimmerman colors?

Zimmerman makes some absolutely gorgeous colors that will soon no longer be available to us. I'm toying with the idea of trying to come up with colors that are as close as possible in the Reichenbach, Kugler or Gaffer line, (assuming that some wonderful soul out there hasn't already done it for me
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...) to offer as substitutes for the Zimmerman frits that I currently offer.

What I'd like to know is if you guys feel that it's worth the time to do this, and if there are particular colors that you'd like matched.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-08-20, 8:58am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I use purple rose a lot - or would if it hadn't been discontinued. It is one of my favorite colors.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-08-20, 9:01am
burnin' glass just becuz

ditto re purple rose. i stocked up on the rod and frit once i heard it was no longer being produced. i think it's my fave glass colour ever!

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2009-08-20, 1:47pm
Lampworkaholic!

I love the Coral Pink and I'm stocked up. It is such a pretty color. Has anyone used the Lilac? It looks amazing but I just can't place another order ...

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-08-20, 7:10pm

there are no substitutes for the special Zimmermann colors, I wish there were! I think Reichenbach is going to be attempting reformulations, but that might take a little while.

Old 2009-08-21, 6:51pm

Thanks, Val! Some of the colors can come pretty close, but ...not...quite...there... (grumble)

Leslie
Frit Happens...