Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-02-18, 8:53am

My original beads apparently didn't like having mica encased in them. Made some quickie beads last night and I'm sending by USPS priority today.

FYI to any other slowpokes, USPS website says beads mailed priority today will be delivered on FRIDAY!

Old 2014-02-18, 12:47pm
specializing in obnoxious

Good to know
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I packaged mine up last night, and will be heading to the post office to ship them out in a couple hours.

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-18, 1:13pm
flight risk

Sent mine today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-18, 3:49pm
Must..have..more...glass

I sent 12 of my military camouflage beads off to you today.
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-18, 5:44pm
Bad Cat Glass

Denielle, I just love the doggies, and Morgan those really are just stunning. I made some snow cats because dogs should not be the only ones having fun at the Iditarod.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-18, 7:38pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Hoping mine arrived about 10 days ago.....

Old 2014-02-18, 9:05pm

Mine are in the kiln!!!! Will dremmel out and clean and package tomorrow night after work, have hubby mail out on Thursday to you! Will ensure the mailing selection will get it there on time. Woot Woot Woot! what a great journey for BOC beads to join on to support the kiddos!
Old 2014-02-18, 10:04pm

the set is complete, I will get them out to you tomorrow.

#C-151
Old 2014-02-18, 10:44pm

Amazing art getting ready to hit the trail.

Old 2014-02-18, 11:06pm

I could not resist.

Old 2014-02-19, 9:08pm

My beads are cleaned and packaged and will be out to you in the morning's mail! I am sending 8 sets - some of which glow in the dark....

I'm so excited!!!!
Old 2014-02-19, 9:27pm

Quote:
I could not resist.

LOL!! That's so true.

Old 2014-02-19, 9:38pm

I LOVE ALL THESE GORGEOUS BEADS PEOPLE ARE SENDING!!!!! So pretty - the kids and the mushers are going to really enjoy them - you guys are awesome!!!! I posted my pic on FB - having trouble resizing to post it here. I have a couple fish beads and some glow in the dark beads. I'm just thrilled to hear the Iditarod is carrying beads - so cool! Love you Hot Headed Honeys in Alaska - great work!
Old 2014-02-19, 10:58pm

my beads went out today via priority mail so you should see them by the 22nd

#C-151
Old 2014-02-20, 12:11pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Alaskagirl.....can you shrink the size of those photos? Perhaps a mod could help if needed....almost impossible to read any post....or perhaps it is just me and iPad

Old 2014-02-20, 7:10pm

Smile

My hubby mailed out my 8 sets of beads to Alaska today - priority mail, guaranteed by Monday the 24th. I'm so excited - this is such a unique event, and for them to be carrying beads for BOC is so awesome!

Old 2014-02-21, 4:09pm

Wonderful beads for this exciting way to share Beads Of Courage. Especially The Polymor Clay FISH!!!
Did you see the ones with their tongues hanging out? Can't quite make out who the artist is. Can anyone tell me?
Old 2014-02-21, 5:37pm
Got Honey?

WOW! Such great beads from everyone!!

Old 2014-02-21, 8:32pm

The salmon beads are by Karen Ottenbreit (fish Lips and Bird Teeth). She is awesome.

Old 2014-02-22, 11:20am

Iditarod Beads of Courage packaging today at Artmosphere Studio! Come and lend a hand in the assembly line and drop off last minute sets. We expect late arrivals to trickle in up until early next week but need everything ready for the Mushers meeting early Thursday morning. Many hands make light work. I should be there from about 11 to 4 today, so come on by.

Old 2014-02-22, 4:05pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Quote:
I could not resist.

L-111

Old 2014-02-22, 7:31pm

Oh no, I can't believe mine haven't arrived yet! I hope they're not lost

Old 2014-02-22, 9:48pm

Denielle - yours arrive safe and sound and we got the bulk of everything packaged. We are sending replicates to be photographed tomorrow by a professional photographer so I'm going to post those Picts in a couple of days.

Old 2014-02-22, 10:57pm

did mine make it?

#C-151
Old 2014-02-23, 7:30am
flight risk

And mine? I realized I forgot to include my info.

Old 2014-02-23, 8:00am

I'm so relieved
Will we find out who is carrying our beads?

Old 2014-02-23, 10:20am

We are holding slots for chevygirl and Morgan. I'm pretty sure Glenda's arrived. I have to pull the inventory sheet off my other computer and will update this afternoon. If you said you shipped, you have a slot and we will hold out till Wednesday afternoon. Laura

Old 2014-02-23, 10:22am

Thursday morning is the musher meeting when we distribute the packages to the mushers. I will post who's beads are carried by which musher so you can follow the race.

Old 2014-02-23, 11:07am

Thank you for the update - and for holding a slot for me! - Heather in Tucson
Old 2014-02-23, 11:30am

Yes thank you

#C-151