Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-09-02, 7:31am

Default Beads of Courage News

Some of you may have already heard but I thought that I would bring everyone up to speed on some changes at BoC. Ashley Ethridge has resigned from Beads of Courage in order to spend more quality family time. She remains a solid supporter on the local level and is a dear friend to us all.

The Dream Bead Project is alive, if not perfectly well, and we'll be resuming that soon. I will be working with Margaret Zinzer on getting things rolling again and will post here when we are ready to send out new requests.

Thank you all for your continued support for Beads of Courage and for helping us make healing happen.

Robert
Old 2014-09-12, 4:51pm
Got Honey?

Default Bead Challenge

So sorry to hear but totally understand!

The September challenge is coming up and I haven't been sent any info on it other than seeing it on Facebook. I usually torch from afar as there isn't a studio participating near me. Is there a link or something to participate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-09-12, 7:18pm

Quote:
So sorry to hear but totally understand!

The September challenge is coming up and I haven't been sent any info on it other than seeing it on Facebook. I usually torch from afar as there isn't a studio participating near me. Is there a link or something to participate?
We would be honored to have you torch on behalf of the Smoky Mountain Firecrackers and JTV. I believe there is a form to use to send in your beads. We will have members at the JTV studio in Knoxville studio manning torches. I will go look for a link.
Old 2014-09-12, 7:50pm
Got Honey?

That would be really great, thanks!

Old 2014-09-12, 8:50pm
Loving learning

I'm glad I got to meet Ashley in Houston, and wish her all the best while she concentrates on her family.

On the challenge, I've not quite understood, does it make a difference if we send in beads as individuals vs send them in for a "team"? I didn't see the FL Glass Dragons on the list, actually nobody close at all.
Old 2014-09-12, 9:46pm
Loving learning

Robert, I don't know if it's just me, but the "click here to watch" part of the .org website seem to be off kilter. If I click on Stacie's the link doesn't work. Click on the CBS one & I get Stacie, etc.
Old 2014-09-13, 7:20pm
Got Honey?

Quote:
I'm glad I got to meet Ashley in Houston, and wish her all the best while she concentrates on her family.

On the challenge, I've not quite understood, does it make a difference if we send in beads as individuals vs send them in for a "team"? I didn't see the FL Glass Dragons on the list, actually nobody close at all.
Me too, I really enjoyed talking with her
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last year there was a link on the website to a form to fill out and transmit to BOC from the site. It let you pick a studio to "torch with" from afar. Then you send your beads in after the session and they give credit to that studio I believe. But I haven't been able to find anything like that this year.

Old 2014-09-13, 9:11pm

I can't find any links to forms either. I think if you just send them in with a note, it will count. Let me know if anyone wants to torch with the Firecrackers/JTV and we will put your name on our board.
Old 2014-09-13, 10:08pm
Lifelong Student

Could you tell me who/what are the firecracker/JTV?
Old 2014-09-14, 5:20am

Quote:
Could you tell me who/what are the firecracker/JTV?
The Smoky Mountain Firecrackers is an ISGB chapter in that meets in middle and east Tn. We often meet at the Jewelry Television Lampwork studio, which hosts the studio challenge for Knoxville. Several of our members will be there next Saturday torching for Beads of Courage. This is the second year for this location.
Old 2014-09-14, 6:52am
Lifelong Student

Thanks Kathy