LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-06, 6:54pm
yukue fumei

Without shipping my order was roughly $26.85/pound, but I ordered some of the Kugler colors too.

I figure it is the price of getting it early

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-06, 7:06pm
make beads not war

Watermelon and Poppy *should* be the same thing but not. I did notice that when I made some test beads yesterday. I had some watermelon/poppy from Glassworks and another rod from Frantz.

The one from Glassworks strikes lighter orange or tuna-like pink depending how you work it in the flame. The one from Frantz strikes to a darker orange or carrot red depending how you work it. Talk about *big* surprise.

The rods look different too.
Old 2007-08-06, 7:12pm
yukue fumei

Good info Melissa! I better check on this and see.
I have bought Watermelon and Poppy but so far have only used the Watermelon. Like you said, it turns a nice orange or pink wth orange color.
The rods look similar, but I didn't really look hard at it.
I am curious about the rosehip and red velvet....what did they end up matching up to?
thanks!

nagi

Old 2007-08-06, 7:22pm
A True Woofer

*ears perk up*

Did someone say odd lots? Bulk Buy?

Old 2007-08-06, 7:29pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Nagi, you need to fix the link - it has all your personal information in it when I try to add to the cart.

So can someone give me a clean link?

Old 2007-08-06, 7:31pm
make beads not war

I was going to take pics. Maybe I get the photo tent out. It's suppose to reach over 100 the next few days so there's no way I'm going out to take pics.
Old 2007-08-06, 7:32pm
make beads not war

use this link...

http://www.glassworks.be/
Old 2007-08-06, 7:34pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Is the shipping included in the pricing? It didn't come out that way when I paid via PayPal. Shit.

Old 2007-08-06, 7:41pm
><>

Is that the old River Rock they have or the new one?

Nevermind, I just reread the thread title.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2007-08-06, 7:42pm
make beads not war

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
Is the shipping included in the pricing? It didn't come out that way when I paid via PayPal. Shit.
No. They will send a confirmation email of your total order and send another paypal invoice for shipment.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:09pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

The Avocado/River Rock at Glassworks is the same as what I've bought here & it's the rough rods. The only place I've received the smooth rods was from ABR Imagery.

The Watermelon looks like my Poppy & the Salmon Pink looks like Orange Sherbert.

Vivian

-

Last edited by VivianLampwork; 2007-08-06 at 8:16pm.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:11pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Lovin' the look of the two new Avocados and that Lichen looks intriguing.

Thanks, Melissa! I feel better now. LOL

Old 2007-08-06, 8:11pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

you guys are HOS!!!!! HOS I tell you!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:13pm
make beads not war

So how much BE do you have Squidly? heehee...

You're welcome Amber.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post
So how much BE do you have Squidly? heehee...

You're welcome Amber.
hmmm....lots.

Buy MY being a ho doesn't make any of you less of a ho.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2007-08-06, 8:16pm
sunscreen me baby

Hey! Being a HO isn't an insult! is it?

Did you see the cool topaz? you have to read the details on the colors. The descriptions will hook you.

~

Old 2007-08-06, 8:21pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I know - I read the details and want it bad. I am resisting but I'd like to point out that YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING!!!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2007-08-06, 8:22pm
make beads not war

I'm proud to be a fellow glass HO.

Reading the descriptions is half the fun of it.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:25pm
make beads not war

Pssst... Squidly, don't you want some honey crunch? I'm tempted to buy again to stock up on Watermelon and Salmon. And the Moss Agate...

Oh! and I don't know what Rose Hip and Red Velvet match to. I only got Watermelon, Salmon and Wasabi last time.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:30pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

yes, I want some honey crunch, but I am going to wait - gak!!!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2007-08-06, 9:01pm

Rose Hip matches the new Vetro Coral if you go by the stock numbers. I can't figure out what Red Velvet matches to - but I got some and it's gorgeous! I'm sitting here with Quentins site pulled up and my glass demon sitting on one shoulder saying "That's it, order more, you know you want it, need it, gotta have it ....." while my conscience is on the other shoulder saying "Kids need clothes for school, ya gotta eat, yadda yadda yadda" I think I know which one is going to win - and the kids can just wear what they already have Now just gotta figure out how to hide it from DH so he doesn't have a cow

Old 2007-08-06, 9:07pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Something tells me that all us glass hos will be selling stuff we don't use in the Garage Sale area real soon .........to pay for all this!!!!!

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-06, 9:53pm

Stuff we don't use? Oh, you mean like pots and pans, brooms, dusting cloths and the like?

Old 2007-08-06, 10:06pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz View Post
Rose Hip matches the new Vetro Coral if you go by the stock numbers. I can't figure out what Red Velvet matches to - but I got some and it's gorgeous! I'm sitting here with Quentins site pulled up and my glass demon sitting on one shoulder saying "That's it, order more, you know you want it, need it, gotta have it ....." while my conscience is on the other shoulder saying "Kids need clothes for school, ya gotta eat, yadda yadda yadda" I think I know which one is going to win - and the kids can just wear what they already have Now just gotta figure out how to hide it from DH so he doesn't have a cow
Thanks for the info crystalflipz!
The numbers on Rose hip is coral, but it looks different from the corals I bought recently....all of them....BUT, I haven't melted all of them so I will check on this!

nagi

Old 2007-08-06, 10:08pm

The vetro coral is different from any of the effetre corals - it's a much richer color than any of them. The closest one of the effetre corals I have seen is the Black Cherry. I'm not really sure that coral is a good name for this color, certainly not if you compare it to the majority of effetre corals.

Old 2007-08-06, 10:51pm

I was lucky to be at the Glassworks studio last Sunday at an international meeting and could play with those lovely new odd lots. They are realy lovely. The Honey Crunch, Pale Advocado, Quartz Grey and above all the Odd Topaz are my favorites. The Odd Topaz is a topaz rod with opalescent blue in the middle, absolutly stunning.

|
Old 2007-08-07, 2:42am
Evil Glass Enabler

I'm safe. I don't order internationally. That being said if I did I'd get the 2 blues, the pink, and the Rose Hips. Thanks, Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2007-08-07, 4:14am
sunscreen me baby

oh great, and I was willing to pass the rose hip and red velvet up.... *running off to put them on my list....*

hmmm, what could I sell? lol I've got some odd vetro pinks.....

~

Old 2007-08-07, 4:40am
yukue fumei

LOL!
me too...
BTW-I just got a note from Quinton and he is putting up two more Vetro reds that he says are the prettiest in the lot. Ack! How can one resist that!!

Suzy-would you like to try before you buy? I can send you a couple of rods of each just in case you do already have the same coral. The red velvet is a nice dark red/maroon

nagi

Last edited by nagibeads; 2007-08-07 at 4:50am.
Old 2007-08-07, 4:45am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelique_redhead View Post
I'm safe. I don't order internationally. That being said if I did I'd get the 2 blues, the pink, and the Rose Hips. Thanks, Angelique
Angelique--the 2 blues are here in the States already. Frantz has them

nagi