Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-01-13, 7:53pm
Does that shed?

OMG wow..........I don't want to post but I shall force myself. Holy cow, those are so beautiful..........sigh
Well I got my lynx today and finally hooked it up tonight. Holy cow what a difference in the heat. hot hot hot, so I made a couple of practice marbles.
I took a close up of one because I thought it was so pretty. Kind of like a mini nebula.
The front and back

And the nebula, really a failed flower but it's pretty I think. lol

So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!
Old 2009-01-14, 7:05pm
boro color bender

Dang... this thread just keeps getting better and better.

I saw Beau's hollows (damn nice beads Beau!) and remembered that I forgot to post something... I think I posted this in the regular show and tell, but not here.

This is a hollow bicone I made in my favorite combination. Amber Purple over white. My buddy Otter said he liked it, so I sent it to him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-14, 9:33pm

some more organic orphans
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-15, 3:07am

I was gonna write something here ...
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2009-01-15, 4:34am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
With a piece like that, you don't need words... SWEET!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-15, 6:31am
Does that shed?

So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!
Old 2009-01-15, 7:17am

Definitely speaks for itself!! Gorgeous and so realistic...

Old 2009-01-15, 7:32am

thanks guys, but I really was going to write something, but then I didn't coz it could have come out all wrong. I've been cracking the sads lately with my glassmaking in regards to working really bloody hard and not making much headway (sales). Hard times for all of us I guess. Anyway today is a happy day, as it's my partner's birthday, and I made her this wall piece.

(please disregard the crack in the wall, our house is over 100 years old and they built this whole area on drained swampland ... it's inner city, but the ground still likes to shift a little)
Attached Images

Running a
Old 2009-01-15, 6:48pm

This is a hollow bicone I made in my favorite combination. Amber Purple over white. My buddy Otter said he liked it, so I sent it to him.

I like your dvd, could you send me one?
Old 2009-01-15, 6:50pm

Chris, those flowers are amazing
Old 2009-01-15, 11:56pm
sorcerer

Very cool chris, I hope to get down and see you guys some time this year.
Bernard
Old 2009-01-16, 1:30pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk2233 View Post

I like your dvd, could you send me one?
I'm sure we can work something out...

I really like those two twenties in your wallet. Wanna trade?

Old 2009-01-16, 1:31pm
boro color bender

Quote:
thanks guys, but I really was going to write something, but then I didn't coz it could have come out all wrong. I've been cracking the sads lately with my glassmaking in regards to working really bloody hard and not making much headway (sales). Hard times for all of us I guess. Anyway today is a happy day, as it's my partner's birthday, and I made her this wall piece.

(please disregard the crack in the wall, our house is over 100 years old and they built this whole area on drained swampland ... it's inner city, but the ground still likes to shift a little)
Sad times for sure... there's no way with your talent you should be having trouble with money... it's the artists life I guess. Here's to better days ahead...

Old 2009-01-16, 3:13pm
Serenity Now!

So much gorgeous work ~ and it's only the middle of the month! Here's a necklace I made today, along with some Gypsy rings...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-01-16, 8:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
Very cool chris, I hope to get down and see you guys some time this year.
Bernard

any time, Bernard, just give us a call any time you're in Melbourne, we'd both really love to see you ... we were in Adelaide last year for a blitz visit to a wedding after getting back from Japan, but unfortunately we didn't have time to come down and see you.

and Brent, thanks, here's to better times and a flush economy ... this year I'm going to have to start teaching I think and start putting my glass where my mouth is

Running a
Old 2009-01-17, 9:00am

Val.... yes!! Those are gorgeous... Great colors.. yup yup yup..
I am going to have to give the chain links a try..... Looks like fun..

Old 2009-01-17, 8:14pm
Flamewoman

Default Flower Implosion

This is my latest pendant.
It is Loki's lipstick and Violet Hue, my new best friends.

Here is some recent jewelry ~ a bracelet and a necklace. All this stuff is on Etsy. If you go on Etsy, can you "heart" me? thanks!

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-01-18, 11:49am
Spoiled

Mary, those are great. I love that pendant. I have a small piece of Loki and Violet Hue that I got from Secret Santa, I've been saving them for just the right time but your pendant makes me want to bust them out. Oh, and I hearted you on etsy.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2009-01-18, 2:33pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks Kay! Fab focal, Mary - and pretty jewelry...
Here's a bit more of what I've been playing with:

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-01-18, 3:41pm
Flamewoman

Thank you Amy and Val, I appreciate it. Wow Val I love those happy hour beads, what colors are those? Fantastic!
I just want to take a moment and say: I really love LE and all the support I have gotten thru the years. From the time I was a "newbie" ( and still sometimes I feel like one) to now you all have been there for me, with advice, complements for my frail ego, ideas to keep me inspired. I know sometimes there is a lot of discontent here in this forum, but anytime you put so many talented people together there is bound to be friction.
For me, I have to say that I've always gotten more from LE than I have ever given back.
Oh, here are some buttons. I have them on all my sweaters now

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-01-19, 9:06am
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
This is my latest pendant.
It is Loki's lipstick and Violet Hue, my new best friends.

Here is some recent jewelry ~ a bracelet and a necklace. All this stuff is on Etsy. If you go on Etsy, can you "heart" me? thanks!
WOW!!!
oustanding work!!!

nagi

Old 2009-01-19, 9:07am
yukue fumei

Quote:
WOW!!

nagi

Old 2009-01-19, 9:08am
yukue fumei

Amazing work everyone!!

nagi

Old 2009-01-19, 11:07am
No Problem!

Digging all the new beauties in here!

I dipped some mandrels and put boro on em' for once. Violet hue, amber-purple and black...

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2009-01-19, 1:33pm

LOVE those beads Beau!

Old 2009-01-20, 3:11pm
Torch junkie

Here's a fire breathing dragon made from TAG Sphagnum moss. I really like this green!

and a red devil

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-01-20, 8:12pm

That has to be the best dragon ever!!! love all the colors. Are they created with just that one rod of color???

Old 2009-01-21, 12:33pm
Torch junkie

Kay, I use all sorts of colors in my dragons. The base color in the body of that one is made with TAG sphagnum and then I rolled it in double amber purple frit. Then I added some gold dichroic to the belly. The wings are made from GA purple luster rolled in Mystery adventurine frit and the top edges of the wings are spring luster and lastly the horns and spikes are NS Butterscotch.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-01-21, 3:15pm
Bliss Junkie

that is a great dragon... mine dont come out that nice yet....

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-01-24, 12:28am
sorcerer

Simple little imploded heart here, I'm still enjoying playing with this Boro stuff
B
Attached Images