Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-06-25, 6:42am
I like to melt things

Also, if anyone from BC or WA is looking for a carpool, I have room for one more in my car coming down from Vancouver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Old 2014-06-25, 6:23pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
If anyone hasn't booked lodging yet, get on it! There's a football game labor day weekend so a lot of hotels and rental houses have raised the rates or are already booked.
Nita you better clean out your shedio and put in bunk beds
Old 2014-06-25, 6:24pm
I'm meeeeelting

She can run the GS dorm. LOL.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2014-06-27, 10:14am
not so new anymore

Can someone please give me an explanation of what a "man/woman " auction is... sounds funky.
Old 2014-06-27, 10:59am
I'm meeeeelting

People can auction themselves off. Mostly the boro boys do it, but a few women have thrown themselves into the mix. The person being auctioned then makes something out of glass for the purchaser during Glass Stock and the purchaser can watch the person make it. Half the proceeds goes to the person being auctioned and the other half goes to the person being auctioned. It's a fundraiser to make money for equipment for GS and for GS scholarships. It's kind of like placing a custom order and watching it be made, plus the additional fun of getting to hoot and holler during the auction. Guys have been known to take off shirts while strutting the catwalk, sing opera or participate in drag, so there's the funky - or is that kinky? - for you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2014-06-27 at 11:01am.
Old 2014-06-27, 11:45am
not so new anymore

Thank Felicia... sounds like a good time all 'round. Can't wait

Anna
Old 2014-06-27, 1:49pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Oh Anna, it's BEYOND fun! Your cheeks (facial ones that is) will be so sore from grinning and laughing! Best time ever!
And that's just PART of the fun!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2014-06-27, 4:03pm

Hey peeps!!! Please, if you haven't done so, I need your name and size for the Glass Stock Shirts!!! Still a hand full of folks I haven't heard from!!!
Check your spam mail maybe? My email is;
nitatibbets@yahoo.com

Old 2014-07-01, 1:20pm

*****ATTENTION*****
I still need to hear from 3 peeps;
Brenda Flowers, Michelle Nevins and Evan Wood.
Please contact me about your name spelling, and shirt size!!! Anyone know these folks personally, kindly ask them to get a hold of me, please? Thanks SO MUCH!
Happy JULY!!!! (OMG we're almost there!!! )

Old 2014-07-01, 8:08pm
Mandrel Slayer

Hi Nita,

Michelle is my roommate. She has sent a couple of e-mails. Not sure why you are not getting them. She wants a 2X short sleeved shirt. You have correct spelling on her name below.

Bonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitadee View Post
*****ATTENTION*****
I still need to hear from 3 peeps;
Brenda Flowers, Michelle Nevins and Evan Wood.
Please contact me about your name spelling, and shirt size!!! Anyone know these folks personally, kindly ask them to get a hold of me, please? Thanks SO MUCH!
Happy JULY!!!! (OMG we're almost there!!! )

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2014-07-01, 11:54pm

I got her email today as a matter of fact Bonny! So guess what? Except for ONE more person, (who's not even on the email list ) I have everyone's name and size! WOOT WOOT!!! Thanks everyone for being so patient with me!!!
Thanks also Bonny, for chiming in!
See you all NEXT MONTH!

Old 2014-07-19, 7:15am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as I am! One more newsletter to go...5 weeks and counting, wahoo!

Don't forget all those fabulous hats and PJs, also the new "glass scavenger" game..more details at the Meet n Greet.
Hugs! deb and the GSWest team

Old 2014-07-19, 8:43am
JulieV

Aye matey, we be waitin fer ye t hoist the colors as me 'n' these here scurvy scallywags are up fer a grand great adventuaaarrr, ya mangey cockroach! Shiver me timbers, ya best be smartly afetchin a healthy grog or or ye be walkin' the plank, ya pox-ridden flounder!

Old 2014-07-20, 10:14am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default YOU rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
People can auction themselves off. Mostly the boro boys do it, but a few women have thrown themselves into the mix. The person being auctioned then makes something out of glass for the purchaser during Glass Stock and the purchaser can watch the person make it. Half the proceeds goes to the person being auctioned and the other half goes to the person being auctioned. It's a fundraiser to make money for equipment for GS and for GS scholarships. It's kind of like placing a custom order and watching it be made, plus the additional fun of getting to hoot and holler during the auction. Guys have been known to take off shirts while strutting the catwalk, sing opera or participate in drag, so there's the funky - or is that kinky? - for you.
I love you Felicia! Not only was that the perfect explanation, you snuck in the funky/kinky in a fun and tempting way! It's amazing what the boys will do to keep top spot too (Bandhu and John Kobuki are neck and neck from past years. I hope John will come and defend his title...he threatened to...)

We just wanna have FUN while melting a mountain of glass
deb

Old 2014-07-20, 10:15am
Wooohooo,GS!

Very sweet of you Melanie! What a great glass family we are!!!!
Hugs, deb

Old 2014-07-20, 8:39pm
I'm meeeeelting

Just re-read what I typed. It should have said half goes to the person being auction half goes toward auctions and GS supplies.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-07-29, 9:00am
Wooohooo,GS!

No worries Felicia, I missed that too, lol! Been staring at a sea of soft glass for days, soft glass teacher boxes for West packed, yay! Now to start on boro boxes....another lovely sea

Old 2014-07-29, 10:04am

"A sea of glass"
That just inspires such mental pictures doesn't it? Oh the possibilities!

Old 2014-07-29, 11:14am
Lifelong Student

Hey there, I am fairly new to the bead making scene. Was introduced to the idea of attending this event, but other than the class schedule don't know much else about it. Does anyone need a roommate (females)? I'm willing to sleep on an air mattress.
Old 2014-07-29, 4:49pm

Oh Norma, you reallyshould come. Last year was my first year, and now I will plan to go every year if possible!
It is nothing but amazing people who share their knowledge and lots of time to torch on your own to try new things.
This event is nothing short of incredible!
I already have a roomy, and would have loved to invite you with us, but there is only 2 allowed where we are.
I hope someone chimes in with room for you and you decide to come.
If so, I will see you there.

Old 2014-07-29, 6:03pm
Lifelong Student

Thanks Dawn. I really want to go. I'll find out in. Couple of days if it is possible.
Old 2014-07-29, 8:48pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post

Don't forget all those fabulous hats and PJs
HMMMMMMM how am I gonna top last years PJ's???
Old 2014-07-29, 11:17pm

I'm looking to share a house, anyone interested?? Contact me on Facebook through the glass stock page please! I get notifications there and can respond quicker!
Thanks! CJ
Old 2014-07-29, 11:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
Hey there, I am fairly new to the bead making scene. Was introduced to the idea of attending this event, but other than the class schedule don't know much else about it. Does anyone need a roommate (females)? I'm willing to sleep on an air mattress.
If you want a comfy bed in a house, let me know! My hubby and I are looking to split a two or three bedroom house! They can be as cheap as $100 a night, and split 3-4 ways that's a steal!
Let me know, check out the Facebook page and contact me there Norma!
CJ
Old 2014-07-30, 7:43am
Lifelong Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJQ View Post
If you want a comfy bed in a house, let me know! My hubby and I are looking to split a two or three bedroom house! They can be as cheap as $100 a night, and split 3-4 ways that's a steal!
CJ
Hey CJ, left you a mg on FB
Old 2014-07-30, 9:39am
just another glass addict

I don't know David.. you'll never top that!
(I sorta wish I hadn't recalled that now)

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2014-07-30, 7:04pm
honorary bead lady

Just in case someone doesn't know...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/151998133775/
Old 2014-07-30, 7:57pm
Lifelong Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJQ View Post
CJ
I have been trying to contact CJ to let her know I am interested in rooming with her, but I dont see a message window anywhere on the glass stock FB. Can someone either tell/show me how to leave a post on her thread or tell her that I am interested?
Old 2014-07-30, 7:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

Did you click to join the page?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-07-30, 9:02pm
Lifelong Student

Felicia, yes I did; that is what was baffeling me a bit. I figured if I did that a message box option would open to me, but nope