Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-12-31, 6:28pm
Mom to 20 paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
They either don't get that or they choose to look the other way.
No, not look the other way. I CHOOSE to treat others with a benifit of the doubt and definately would have kept the problem between the two people it belonged too. I find it throughly sad that you cannot see how this issue was handled improperly, another human being was thrashed in public and hurt how can that be good in any kind of way.

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy jewelry-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2008-12-31, 6:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieBSmith View Post
Maybe if you throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder.....or break a mirror...or walk under a ladder....you can break the curse....
Hmmm. Can I break a fugly bead instead?

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-31, 6:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensy View Post
I CHOOSE to treat others with a benifit of the doubt and definately would have kept the problem between the two people it belonged too.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-31, 6:40pm
Sparkle Strumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Hmmm. Can I break a fugly bead instead?
If you throw salt at it...and put the pieces on a mirror..that might work!!!

Ah, you'll be all right....none of the New Year superstitions ever helped me!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2008-12-31, 6:52pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Me thinks that Jensy doesn't quite practice what she preaches.

Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
I share your confusion at the double standard.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
Maybe if you throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder.....or break a mirror...or walk under a ladder....you can break the curse....
Hey that might be a great idea for a new tutorial

Sara

Old 2008-12-31, 6:55pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:

Ah, you'll be all right....none of the New Year superstitions ever helped me!
Now, don't put that in the tutorial.

It's our secret

Sara

Old 2008-12-31, 7:01pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
No, not look the other way. I CHOOSE to treat others with a benifit of the doubt and definately would have kept the problem between the two people it belonged too. I find it throughly sad that you cannot see how this issue was handled improperly, another human being was thrashed in public and hurt how can that be good in any kind of way.

Jen
Yes Jen, you are right.

Yes, it should have stayed between the 2 people unfortunely one forgot and the other one didn't know.

Yes, one got trashed in public because she neglected (or forgot as she puts it) when she was told the book and page number of that same bead.

Yes, you are right.

Sara

Old 2008-12-31, 7:01pm
Mom to 20 paws

Ah the big difference is Sarah was participating very well with me. I also did not start a thread of I Dont Like Sarah because thread.

Big difference peeps. Sarah was with me in that thread. We were both discussing from the beginning together.

Jen

Etsy jewelry-

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2008-12-31, 7:04pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Ah the big difference is Sarah was participating very well with me. I also did not start a thread of I Dont Like Sarah because thread.

Big difference peeps. Sarah was with me in that thread. We were both discussing from the beginning together.

Jen
The difference is that Sarah didn't get all defensive and hostile and refused to admit there was a problem or at least discuss whether or not there was a problem. The difference is Sarah was reasonable.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-31, 7:06pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:

Jen
And what thread was that?

Sorry, I forgot

Sara

Old 2008-12-31, 7:07pm
Mom to 20 paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
The difference is that Sarah didn't get all defensive and hostile and refused to admit there was a problem or at least discuss whether or not there was a problem. The difference is Sarah was reasonable.

OMG Squid did you read the same thread. She even said what she said to me was probably harsh and it comes from the need for always trying to be right.

OMG

Jen

Etsy jewelry-

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2008-12-31, 7:10pm

Woohoo, it's all about me again!

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-31, 7:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

LOL

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-31, 7:17pm

Okay, I'm going to try putting photo's on here of my God and Goddess......

When I made these I was honestly thinking about all the statues I've seen of a "God" or "Goddess" so I guess basically I stole the idea from who ever did those statues.... When I made these I had not seen a tut. I really didn't even think about how I was going to make these... they just kind of fell into place. I knew what I wanted them to look like and it just so happened that they turned out how I wanted them to. I have sold alot of these, but the area I live in I have to be careful of where I sell them and mostly it's through private sales.... I really enjoy making the God bead and just through it would be nice to share something I know that I did all on my own, that I had not seen done before I made these....

Old 2008-12-31, 7:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I followed a recent thread where a new tutorial was "discussed" and my main thought was "ouch!" Here are some of my opinions on tutorials: As a newbie, I love dots. As such, I see a "dot" tutorial or book...I buy it! I have loads of them...probably too many, but that doesn't mean that I won't buy another. After reviewing a few, I see lots of repetition, but I find that each teacher / author has offered a little something extra...that personal touch. I'm now on an "implosion" kick....I'll buy anything with the word "implosion" in the title. My point is that if I decide that I want to try making a "goddess," then I'll probably buy all of the tutorials I might be lucky enough to find. There is so much talent out there, and although some of the instruction tends to overlap a bit...I think there is room for everyone. For me, the only exception would be a word for word production. Hope this makes sense.
Just want to add that after seeing your "god," I know you are gonna sell lots of those tuts....LOL!!!!!! I think I'll start making gods & goddesses! woohoo

Old 2008-12-31, 7:23pm
Sparkle Strumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteburner View Post
Hey that might be a great idea for a new tutorial

Sara
there ya go...a muse summoning charm with a potion recipe and some good mojo-working pin dolls...

Now, there's a tutorial I could write!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2008-12-31, 7:24pm
Honey Badger

Where IS that thread? A record of it would be helpful to debunk revisionist historical accounts.
Old 2008-12-31, 7:26pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondanse View Post
Where IS that thread? A record of it would be helpful to debunk revisionist historical accounts.
deleted

Old 2008-12-31, 7:27pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondanse View Post
It appears to have been deleted, which falls squarely under the "WTF" category.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-31, 7:28pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Beads View Post
Okay, I'm going to try putting photo's on here of my God and Goddess......

When I made these I was honestly thinking about all the statues I've seen of a "God" or "Goddess" so I guess basically I stole the idea from who ever did those statues.... When I made these I had not seen a tut. I really didn't even think about how I was going to make these... they just kind of fell into place. I knew what I wanted them to look like and it just so happened that they turned out how I wanted them to. I have sold alot of these, but the area I live in I have to be careful of where I sell them and mostly it's through private sales.... I really enjoy making the God bead and just through it would be nice to share something I know that I did all on my own, that I had not seen done before I made these....
Those are really nice!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-12-31, 7:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Those are really nice!
Yeah! I like the male.

@Jensy: ENOUGH with the "Sarah this" and "Sarah that". It's really getting tiring, and it is not the point.

YOU just recently started a thread, publicly addressing an issue that could have potentially been solved one-on-one (and had nothing to do with me, in case you forgot). YOU are the last person in the world who should be criticizing others for doing the same. YOU should really start taking responsibility for your own posts.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-31, 7:36pm

That's one heck of a circumcision!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist! LOL You would think I'm some school girl.

Old 2008-12-31, 7:39pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
I followed a recent thread where a new tutorial was "discussed" and my main thought was "ouch!" Here are some of my opinions on tutorials: As a newbie, I love dots. As such, I see a "dot" tutorial or book...I buy it! I have loads of them...probably too many, but that doesn't mean that I won't buy another. After reviewing a few, I see lots of repetition, but I find that each teacher / author has offered a little something extra...that personal touch. I'm now on an "implosion" kick....I'll buy anything with the word "implosion" in the title. My point is that if I decide that I want to try making a "goddess," then I'll probably buy all of the tutorials I might be lucky enough to find. There is so much talent out there, and although some of the instruction tends to overlap a bit...I think there is room for everyone. For me, the only exception would be a word for word production. Hope this makes sense.
I actually agree with a lot of this.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-12-31, 7:46pm
Mom to 20 paws

Quote:
Yeah! I like the male.

@Jensy: ENOUGH with the "Sarah this" and "Sarah that". It's really getting tiring, and it is not the point.

YOU just recently started a thread, publicly addressing an issue that could have potentially been solved one-on-one (and had nothing to do with me, in case you forgot). YOU are the last person in the world who should be criticizing others for doing the same. YOU should really start taking responsibility for your own posts.

Holy Crap Sarah you make me frickin laugh. First I started a thread about an ISSUE alot different than a person. You of all people with the frickin responsibility about what they say. OMG go back and look at your post and YOU saying oh I was a little harsh and YOU saying it comes from the need to be right all the time. Why dont you take responsibility and do what you say and stop trying to make yourself better. Its all there in writing for you to review.

Pyro great gods and godesses!

Etsy jewelry-

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2008-12-31, 7:48pm

SO not doing this again. Sorry.

|
|
|
Old 2008-12-31, 7:49pm
Mom to 20 paws

Glad to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Etsy jewelry-

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-
Old 2008-12-31, 7:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Unlikely, because she's already written one, it can be found in the Jim Kervin book that's devoted to her work.

Exactly, and no one minded someone else doing another?

no one should have a monopoly
Old 2008-12-31, 8:23pm
da General

Quote:
No, not look the other way. I CHOOSE to treat others with a benifit of the doubt and definately would have kept the problem between the two people it belonged too.
Jen
Quote:
You of all people with the frickin responsibility about what they say. OMG go back and look at your post and YOU saying oh I was a little harsh and YOU saying it comes from the need to be right all the time. Why dont you take responsibility and do what you say and stop trying to make yourself better. Its all there in writing for you to review.
Perhaps you may want to consider taking your own advice and keep this discussion between the two of you, in private, please?

|
|
|
|