Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-05-10, 4:11pm
Flame Dame

Default Anyone going to Bead&Button?

I'm heading to B&B in a few weeks. I'm taking Doug Remschneider's beginner boro class. Anyone else in it? I haven't been to B&B, anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Leah
Old 2007-05-10, 7:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
I'm heading to B&B in a few weeks. I'm taking Doug Remschneider's beginner boro class. Anyone else in it? I haven't been to B&B, anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Leah
Where is it going to be this year? I believe Mr. Smiley will be there as well now that I think of it.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-10, 7:59pm
Flame Dames Rule!

It's always in Milwaukee.... great show and lots of classes. I'll be there, come by for M&M's! *s*

oh yeah... the advice! Make sure you leave at least one full day free for shopping - that's the thing most people tell me they did wrong. If you pack your days with classes you won't have time for the sales room, and it's HUGE. Bring comfy shoes, a bag with wheels to haul your stuff around, and all the empty credit cards you have. Seeya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Last edited by SharonP; 2007-05-10 at 8:04pm. Reason: oops, forgot the advice!
Old 2007-05-11, 7:44am

When we went, we stayed for a week and had an extended vacation. It is an interesting city with great restarants. We stayed at the Astor Hotel, and took the bus back and forth. It was a 10-15 minute bus ride and about the same as the hike to the attached hotel. The have a weekly rate of around $460. There is an Irish pub near the hotel, and free parking. Parking is nearly impossible at the event.

The show is a hoot. You get to put faces with all of the names you have seen associated with the bead world. Dress for comfort.

Steve

Old 2007-05-11, 7:58am
boro color bender

I'll be there. I can't wait to show my new work...

Sharon, I'll have chocolate to nibble on too. So stop on by!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-05-11, 6:45pm
Mandrel Slayer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post

Thanks!

Leah
Hi Leah,

I am so jealous. I am taking his class at the Gathering and can't wait. Will you give me the rundown at a Hotties' meeting.

Bonny
Old 2007-05-12, 5:37am

I won't be there but a few of my beads will. My friend Holly Gage will have a both, selling her lentil bead caps and asked me to send some boro lentil beads along with her. If you see her, say hi!

Sandy
Old 2007-05-12, 1:02pm

Do pictures of my electroformed beads count? I can't make it, but some of my pics may be in a presentation.

Old 2007-05-12, 1:10pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Do pictures of my electroformed beads count? I can't make it, but some of my pics may be in a presentation.
Of course it counts... kind of anyway! Congrats!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-05-12, 7:51pm
Flame Dame

I'll have to make sure I look for everyone and their beads! I can't wait...it'll be bead nirvana!

Leah
Old 2007-05-13, 3:34am

Thanks Brent....I'm excited about it.

Old 2007-05-13, 6:30am
Cats & Glass!

I'll be there - teaching and at booth #1010 with Larry Brickman. Please stop by!

Janelle

P.S. If you know you'll be there and want some Momka's, let me know and I'll make sure to have your colors there.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -

Last edited by Janelle Zorko; 2007-05-13 at 6:35am.
Old 2007-05-18, 8:45pm
Fire Diva

me too! I'll be in booth 911....please stop by

Old 2007-05-20, 5:30pm
The Venerable Bead

I won't be there but I have taken doug's class (at Carlisle) and you are going to love it! and him. doug rocks the boro.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-05-21, 11:46am
Flame Dame

I need to find a list of attendees and mark everyone I want to see!

I can't wait for Doug's class!

Leah
Old 2007-05-29, 4:50am
Happy Beadmaker!

Default B&B Booth #3

Hi all! I'll be at Bead&Button, same location as always, booth #3! Lots of "Wood Nymph" beads and some new boro as well! Stop by and say hi!

All 'bout beads,
Lea
Old 2007-05-29, 7:34pm

I need to get there someday. Because I love beads. But it won't be this year!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !