Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-06-18, 6:09pm
Dakine glass man

Default Advice About starting to teaching in Maui

So I'm opening up a teaching studio in upcountry Maui. I have taught many people the basics and apprenticed a few people into quite talented lampworking sculptors. However I have never had or booked an official class. I know there are a few of you Teachers on this board, and I was wondering if you all could help me with my preperations for Founding the Maui Glass School. I know i'm going to need insurance wavers and the like, just not sure exactly what to include. Also not really sure how to start the pricing scale for lessons. So if you could let me know what you teach and what your price scale is and how you came about that price scale, it would be much appreciated. I will also be able to take on 1-2 students for longer live in apprenticeships, but not sure what to charge for these either. I guess I'm just looking for some advice and info on making my dream of passing this beautiful art along to others a reality. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Aloha

John Lindquist
Maui Crystal gallery and studios
Maui Greenstone Glassworks
Maui Glass school

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lampwork by John Lindquist

Last edited by Maui Greenstone; 2008-06-18 at 6:22pm.
Old 2008-06-18, 6:30pm
Cancer SUCKS!

WOW, sounds like an awesome adventure.

I hope you are succesful. I will be meeting you at glass stock, I think.

Old 2008-06-18, 11:45pm
Dakine glass man

yup will be there!! really excited about it too!!

Old 2008-06-19, 12:20am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Cool! I'll see you there too!
Glaaaaaaaasssss Stoooooooooock!

...and I've been teaching all kinds of classes for many years.
From beg-adv wire wrapping, Polymer clay, business of jewelry - you name
it! I'll be glad to share any and all of my knowledge with you for
the price of a beer . We can chat at Glass Stock if you get a free
moment.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Last edited by Karen Hardy; 2008-06-19 at 12:23am.
Old 2008-06-19, 2:53pm
Dakine glass man

man this just makes me way more excited for GS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't wait!!

Old 2008-06-19, 3:04pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

I'll see you all there too! It will be so cool to see everyone in person!

I would look for liability releases on ISGB.org . They used to have them for studios and special classes.

See you soon

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-06-19, 3:07pm
Dakine glass man

Thanks Pam!!

Old 2008-06-23, 9:51am

John................
You can only do this if I get a free trip in order to take a class with you........LOL.
Good luck with the venture. Your students are going to be really lucky taking instruction from a talented glass artist.

P.S. Wish I could afford to go to Glass Stock..........Man living way up here I'm so far away from everything. Boo Hoo.