Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-21, 4:38pm

Default It is official....EDP is gone forever

You will never be able to call this evil again. I spent 1 1/2 hours playing with my favorite color...as I posted earlier there is something in the new moretti clear that stabilizes edp.

I started quite a few beads on a base of that clear and had almost NO problems with devit...If I did....I could let the bead cool...as per my tutorial...and just reheat the whole bead.

Now I didn't make anything too big but...everything I made worked out nicely.

So if you have been frustrated with sweet dreamy purple...the nightmare is OVER.

start it over a base of the new moretti clear...any devit you might encounter is easily contained and removed....

I happen to have the last strong hold of the old moretti streaky coral....the one everyone hated because it tended to blanch....like edp it likes to be cooled and then reheated...and the old streaky coral withE...OOOPS SDP is gorgeous...pictures tomorrow....

I am sure you will be happy to add this great color back into your every day palette of rods.

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-11-21, 4:46pm

Awesome! Now I should go add some of this clear to my secret santa list.

Several people have asked for purple for Christmas gifts but I don't have the budget for more glass until after next semester's tuition is paid for both kids.

Good news, I've got the EDP, and the clear will surely exist later. I may also have some coral.
Old 2008-11-21, 4:49pm
Sheila

Ingrid! Your post title made me panic, I thought EDP was really gone. I EDP!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-21, 4:52pm

Sheila, I was hopeful it was a positive thread when I saw it, but then I saw yesterday's (or the day before's) post with the pix of her test beads.

So awesome. I love EDP but I usually have splotchy beads with awesome looking ends of rods. Always hopeful for consistent results.
Old 2008-11-21, 5:28pm
Renee Weaver

!ngridh, where can we buy this clear?

Old 2008-11-21, 6:30pm

Hmmmm - do you suppose this would work with Sedona too?

Old 2008-11-21, 6:35pm
moth to the flame

Ooh if it works with Sedona I am SO in need of this new clear!

Thank you Ingrid!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-11-21, 6:37pm
birdergirl ~o~

So, "this" only worked with "that" clear??
and you've tried the same thing with "other" clears?
Just "curious" "!!"
LOL!!!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-11-22, 2:32am

I have the new Moretti Super clear in stock!!! I think I'd like to try out your trick. thanks for sharing. I don't touch EDP because It never keeps that shiny pretty purple look to it.

Old 2008-11-22, 2:57am
Oh No You Didn't!

You bout gave me a fricken heart attack with that title! Don't do that to an old lady!

I love my EDP just the way it is.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-22, 6:39am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadworkstudio View Post
Ingrid! Your post title made me panic, I thought EDP was really gone. I EDP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
You bout gave me a fricken heart attack with that title! Don't do that to an old lady!

I love my EDP just the way it is.
OMG same here. there is absolutely nothing wrong with EDP in my book.

Old 2008-11-22, 6:40am

HUSH! That "streaky coral" that "everyone hates" is MY VERY FAVORITE CORAL EVER!!! If you tell people how to work it, they're never gonna sell it off at reasonable prices ever again
(actually, it's already gone above my budget most of the time in the garage ....I'm just thankful I've got a bit over a full pound stashed away )

And...I kinda like my EDP just the way it is too--I learned to work it from reading YOUR tutorial posts awaybackwhen on WC! There's nothing wrong with that glass that can't be cured by PPP! (and I can make it work on a hothead OR a mini cc ~ my beads may be less than stellar still, but I can make THAT GLASS behave itself!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2008-11-22 at 6:42am.
Old 2008-11-22, 8:20am
Puddy Cat Lover

I was a bit worried too when I read the title to this thread. I love EDP. I mostly just use it for stringers for that special striping ripple effect when it reacts to other opal colors. I bought some very odd sized rod ends over a year ago, and I'm hording it.
J.

Old 2008-11-24, 10:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadMaven View Post
Ooh if it works with Sedona I am SO in need of this new clear!

Thank you Ingrid!

OK I will bite what is Sedona?????????

Old 2008-11-24, 10:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Hmmmm - do you suppose this would work with Sedona too?
OK I am going NUTS what is sedona?

and I want you all to know...that generally
ANY transparent glass causes rapid and lethal devit with edp....it just hates it...
I would never have put it with a transparent of any kind if it hadn't have been that that weird rod....was over a clear ....very thin layer that "looked" exactly like edp....

I knew any clear I had would not work so I grabbed the new clear...and it worked...

now when you think about it....it was just a happy accident....I had to have the new clear (which btw is bubbly and not so super for me) to put it over to find out it did not devit over that clear...

Old 2008-11-24, 11:15am

Here is another bead I made last night...I certainly wouldn't have tried this before...you do need to color up your edp at each step but it doesn't blanch when encased

Old 2008-11-24, 4:56pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ngridh View Post
OK I am going NUTS what is sedona?
It's a new color of Effetre and it also devitrifies. Here is a link:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=4917

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2008-11-25, 8:28am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ngridh View Post
Here is another bead I made last night...I certainly wouldn't have tried this before...you do need to color up your edp at each step but it doesn't blanch when encased

i cannot believe that it gets that pink. wow!!