Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-02-12, 7:43am
Nah, not really...;)

Default Boro question?

A lot of my beads are REALLY dark.
I am over working them? striking too much? DAP, Blue caramel, caramel are the colors I am referring to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-02-12, 7:59am
The Venerable Bead

try making a cane with clear as the base and use clear as the core of your bead too. Boro is highly saturated and needs to be thinned out with lots of clear. Makes the expensive color go alot farther too.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2006-02-12, 8:04am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Paula. I am going to the shop today. I will try this and hopefully get better results

Old 2006-02-12, 8:29am
ManBearPig

Try making a small base bead in the color you want to use, and then encase it in clear. It will lighten up that way.

Old 2006-02-12, 11:31am
Glassy Lady

I also make some of my boro beads on a base of clear. This lets the light shine through and lightens up the transparent colors.

Making striped canes lightens up the colors and saves on the expensive colors. Take an 8mm to 10mm rod of clear. Case it with a clear color. Run stripes of other colors down the side if you wish. Get it molten, then grab the tip with a pair of tweezers and pull out a twisted cane. Make a small base bead with clear then wind on 1 to 3 wraps of the cane, melt in and case with clear. You'll be pleasantly surprized with the results.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO

Last edited by alexm; 2006-02-12 at 11:34am.