Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-05-17, 8:19pm

Default murano 2010

Hey,
I'm going to Italy for three weeks, mid April-May 2010.YAYAY!

Any suggestions for classes, exhibitions etc around that time??

KMD
Old 2009-05-28, 6:05pm

I will be there at the end of March 2010. I am looking for information as well. If I come across anything I will post it here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-28, 6:45pm
BeadsonCypress

Get in touch with Ofilia, she knows everyone and everything about what's up over there!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-05-29, 3:30pm

Thanks Susan.

Old 2009-06-03, 3:56am

Hi!
do you know Davide Penso? he is a famous bead-maker..
probably he will organize a course in this period.. but, at this time, I don't know the exact date..
He takes classes always at the end of the month, so..I suggest you check his site to be updated ..
I hope to be helpful!
good holiday!
Old 2009-06-03, 7:18am

Thanks Missciccia!

Old 2009-06-13, 8:00am

Smile Study in Murano 2010

OMG, I found this thread!! YES!! Definately contact me! I've got two student groups I'll be coordinating for Murano studies next year, 2010. One will be in Spring, late April or early into May, and the second will be in the fall, mid to late September with possible into early October.

I'll be seeing Lucio next week when he is here in the states, to get the dates selected. I try to avoid the high priced tourist season of travel in the hot summer time, and the soggy cold winter periods of the year.

The study will incorporate figurative lampwork AND this time adding kiln casting WITH lampwork elements. There will also be some glass painting being taught by associates of Lucio that are renown for this work.

Do drop me an email, and I'll send you details as they develope. My method of 'organizing' is I recruit students. The days of class will overlap into two weeks, so there are days before and after and inbetween that allow students free time to explore on their own and if they want, can visit some studios I've become friends with . My friends in Murano are the MAX!

PM me your email or just drop me a line at ofiliacinta at earthlink dot net, giving me your email to keep you posted for details. It's going to be way, way cool ! I swear, every year just gets better and better! I've done these groups for over four years now, have always filled the classes and really enjoyed passing on my passion for Murano and it's people to those I've introduced there. Just remember, I am NOT a tour guide! I do "optional" side things, but beyond those "visits" arranged on non-class days, you are on your own to discover and I strongly encourage people to do their homework on things they want to explore while in Venice.

Throughout the year, you get student group emails from me both with suggestions and helpful tips in preparation for the visit. You also get to know your fellow students in the group pretty well before arriving, so that part is well behind when we arrive and ready to go! I also help with the housing arranging, so the 'getting to know' the students beforehand, has helped in pairing roomies with a really good success rate! Every once in a while, a difficult person will surface and for this reason, I generally only fill the groups via word of mouth. I look for students who are serious on their glass studies and are willing to be receptive to accepting things abroad for what they are.... an adventure only to be filled with great things if you let them! Serendipity has been a great partner to me....

Come join me if you can!

Ciao,

Ofilia

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-06-13 at 8:21am.
Old 2009-06-13, 10:31am

Can you pm me with an average cost of one of your class tours?

Thanks,
Shauna