Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-07-03, 2:22pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-03, 2:33pm
The Crazy One

Quote:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-03, 7:33pm

Damn - you beat me to it Loco!

Old 2009-07-03, 8:00pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Damn - you beat me to it Loco!

You know where I live...
Old 2009-07-04, 6:28pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Quote:
anybody that has ever met Willy or Wally or dealt with them before knows this is bullshit. These 2 guys work hard to deliver the product people want....if you have a GTT torch it is a work horse,and the customer service after you purchase is exemplary!!!

Amen 100% true!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2009-07-05, 10:25am
Resident Luny

I love my Lynx, I am still learning it. I got mine through Winship, they had 2 on the shelf, so I had no issues with having it made. I know a guy who has waited half a year for a Mirage, I think, but he still is waiting and still thinks it is worth it. They warned him they had a long lead time.

As long as there is communication and honest effort, I guess I would be ok with waiting, as long as the info was accurate, or they did their best to compensate me if things went south. A terrific product is worth waiting for, but a business still has to be a business and make it timely for a customer, if they state that it will be.

I love my new torch!

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2009-07-06, 2:41pm

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you all know that I received a confirmation email from GTT today. I ordered my cricket on Thursday. Pam emailed me today letting me know they have received my email and my order. Just wanted to let you all know that they do send them out, I did have to get it out of my spam filter. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail.

I can't wait! I ordered lime green with a custom marver.

Diane

Old 2009-07-13, 5:29am

Hi everyone...Requesting a torch update.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-07-13, 5:59am

Quote:
Hi everyone...Requesting a torch update.

Duane
Duane, I think Kimberly has informed everyone in this thread that GTT does not really spend time in the forums. You should call them. [Not trying to be an a$$ - I just think you will get a quicker response directly from them.]
Old 2009-07-13, 7:07am

Kathy~
You're right...I'll call GTT now.

Kimberly casually (indirectly) mentioned it in post #41 while dealing with an issue with "Fireside.

Duane

Old 2009-07-13, 7:14am

Hi again....Called GTT and spoke to Pam. Crickets are coming out of production as we speak. They still need to be tested. She said that it is likely that shipping MIGHT start later this week.

Duane

Old 2009-07-13, 7:18am
Harold Williams Cooney

If you order a torch by color you deserve to wait for it.
Old 2009-07-13, 1:17pm

hehehe guess what I just got delivered today???? Black with black knobs....sexy little cricket!!! Man what a nice little torch.
Old 2009-07-13, 1:55pm
Cheerfully Profane

Quote:
If you order a torch by color you deserve to wait for it.
This made me wee a little.

Old 2009-07-13, 3:20pm

Anyone know how long their sale on Crickets is going to last??
Old 2009-07-13, 3:23pm

I figure a while. They are probably making a good bit of profit and currently have the best small torch for the cheapest price. Since it seems a lot of people are going with the custom colors they aren't paying base price anyway so profits are higher.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-07-13, 10:13pm

Wonder when the Cheetah's will be available?

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-07-14, 8:15pm
Enjoying Life

When I checked on my Cricket order I asked about Cheetahs and they told me they would have a production run in August. Not sure if I want a Cheetah or hold out for a Mirage. Decisions decisions.
Old 2009-07-14, 9:10pm

Quote:
When I checked on my Cricket order I asked about Cheetahs and they told me they would have a production run in August. Not sure if I want a Cheetah or hold out for a Mirage. Decisions decisions.
The Cheetah is a great torch and you can do a lot on one. That said, I would probably hold out for a Phantom or Mirage. The reason is that more than likely you will do most of your work on the centerfire (Lynx) which uses much less oxygen than the Cheetah and can get a finer flame of detail work.

There was a point before I got my Mirage that I had both a Cheetah and a Lynx on my bench so that I could swap back and forth while working when I needed a bigger flame than the Lynx gave me.

Also, it doesn't look like Cheetahs hold their value quite as well as the other GTT torches. This is probably because there isn't as much call for them. A used Phantom in decent shape seems to sell for the same or very close to the retail price because they are always in demand and production is limited. Lynx also sell for a very small discount, but I have seen several Cheetahs go for a hundred or more below retail.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-07-14, 9:25pm
Cheerfully Profane

I reeeeeeeallllyyyy want a Cheetah. Really.
Old 2009-07-15, 4:48am

You know, I love my Cheetah and cannot do the work I do on a Lynx. I think the Cheetah is perfect for me since I can run it to my preference off of one generator. I guess I have never done fine detail work in the flame, but have always worked to the side, so whether the Cheetah can get a pinpoint flame is actually not important to me, although I believe Kimberly has said you can get one on the Cheetah. Never tried, don't care. It really depends on the type of work you do and what your needs are.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-07-15, 5:00am

I would hold out for a Mirage. I don't think I'll ever upgrade from mine (of course I could be wrong) but it's a torch that has never left me wanting. It goes big, it goes small, it has great shoulders for larger work and pinpoint for smaller work. I have in my shop right now a hot head, a nortel minor, a red max, a lynx, a Piranha and my Mirage (and my brand new cricket)... Okay so I might be a torch collector and didn't really know it..but I have to tell you, there is no contest about which torch I want to use. I could have saved a ton of money, if I had just saved a bit to get the Mirage...just my 2 cents.
Old 2009-07-15, 8:00am

Quote:
The Cheetah is a great torch and you can do a lot on one. That said, I would probably hold out for a Phantom or Mirage. The reason is that more than likely you will do most of your work on the centerfire (Lynx) which uses much less oxygen than the Cheetah and can get a finer flame of detail work.
I've never had the chance to try a Cheetah, but love my Phantom. I get plenty of flame for bigger work and love having the center fire feature. I don't work large enough to need a Mirage, but I've seen demos of what folks can do on them - fantastic torch, also. Hard to go wrong with any of the GTT torches.

Linda
Old 2009-07-15, 11:53am
PyronamixK

There's yet another option...

GTT will be unveiling a new torch at the Gathering. It's called the Scorpion. It is a two-staged torch that has the Cricket as the center fire.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:57am
Evil Glass Enabler

Talking

That would be a really cool torch to have!
Angelique

Quote:
There's yet another option...

GTT will be unveiling a new torch at the Gathering. It's called the Scorpion. It is a two-staged torch that has the Cricket as the center fire.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-07-15, 11:58am

Hmmmm I think I might need that.
How big is the outer fire and is it triple mix or standard? Don't tease us like this!!!!

Old 2009-07-15, 12:11pm
PyronamixK

*Original post removed by author*

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing free customer service for GTT, nor am I doing any more favors for them or defending them or their reputation.

Wally will not acknowledge that I have been of any help. Oddly, he says that I should be providing customer service for free and without any compensation or thanks because I am Willy's wife. Of course, neither of the two girlfriends he has had that worked for GTT have ever worked for free. Oh, he made a rule about no GFs or wives working at GTT in order to keep me out of the company. His rules did not apply to anyone he bedded down.

Please direct your questions to:

570-835-9777

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-27 at 2:56pm.
Old 2009-07-15, 7:06pm

I love working on my hot pink Cricket. The Cricket is worth the wait!!! Just wait and you'll be saying the same thing
Old 2009-07-15, 9:44pm

I have serious torch confusion now! I've got a Bobcat and a mini-cc. I wanted a Cheetah for boro work (larger pendants and some implosions). I'll be running two 15-lpm oxy cons. DH called and got me on the list for a Cheetah but now I'm not sure that's the best choice for me.
Anybody got any input on my torch options?

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-07-16, 5:24pm

Me either! I'm on that list for a Cheetah as well....... but now I'm not sure anymore, too! Holy goat, I might want a Scorpion as well......... ???

Confused!
Martina

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators