Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-10-05, 8:28am
And silence is golden

Default Willy and Wally, I need a job!

If you boys need an extra "temporary" employee to help you get caught up on orders, I'm available for the position! I've been patiently waiting for my Cricket for so long that I forgot that I placed the order. Now with the cooler weather approaching, I'd like to get back to making beads. And suddenly, I remember ordering a torch from you guys!

Act now! Give this offer some consideration! It'll help you get caught up!!

Aleta
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-05, 8:33am
Who me?

What a very nice way to remind them - you are so cool!

I sincerely mean that.
Old 2009-10-05, 8:39am
Experimentalist

Quote:
What a very nice way to remind them - you are so cool!

I sincerely mean that.
Ditto! You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-05, 9:19am
And silence is golden

Quote:
Ditto! You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
My, how true. If only that strategy would be considered and implemented in Texas F. issues, the whole debacle might finally take a different turn.

I wasn't trying to nudge Wally & Willy into getting mine done any sooner, I'm serious about hopping a plane to put in a week or so of work just to help them get caught up. I'm sure that they are inundated with orders when the introductory price expired in September. I think my order was placed around the 14th of August, so I've really not been waiting that long.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2009-10-05 at 9:25am.
Old 2009-10-05, 9:48am
Flaming Redhead!

The sad thing is...I don't think Willy or Wally read the forums...if you're really serious why not give them a call?

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-10-05, 7:12pm
And silence is golden

Good news and bad news.

Good: My torch "might" be ready some time next week.
Bad: Phone person stated that it's most likely not an option regarding employment at this time.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-05, 7:15pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

But that good is *awfully* good

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-10-05, 9:47pm
And silence is golden

The good news is sorta good news. I have my hose, so now all I have to get are the accessories.

1. concentrator
2. regulator
3. flashback arrestor ?
4. quick attach thingie
5. permit to blow up the garage
6. propane
Old 2009-10-06, 3:20am
The Brighter the Better!

Do you really need a permit to blow up your garage??? Ooooo!

Old 2009-10-06, 11:20am
Living out Loud

I am waiting on mine also..... I too ordered just before the price increase so I have to be patient. WILLY AND WALLY HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2009-10-06, 11:40am

I'm just hoping to have mine before my birthday... not that it matters that much but I'm on vacation that week so it'll be easy to have time to torch!

Anyone know if they take Paypal? I sent them an email and asked but got absolutely no answer other than "we don't have a delivery date for you". I imagine they're busy but doesn't that make more work to open an email and send a canned response just to get another email later on asking the same question?

Old 2009-10-06, 12:36pm

From my own personal experiences a lot of times its not due to lack of help at the facilities but rather its due to the time it takes to manufacture the torches.

just my 2 cents

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-10-06, 12:58pm
Formerly Sassygirl

Ya know I was gonna upgrade from my Cricket to a Scorpion in November for my anniversary. After I had so many issues getting my cricket and have heard so many stories about peeps not getting their torches or no communication from GTT I think I will be getting something else.

I asked GTT for a cleaning wire that never came with my torch 3 times and all 3 times they said they would mail me one. I never got it. It's sad they make awsome torches but their CS sucks.

Old 2009-10-06, 1:54pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
It's sad they make awsome torches but their CS sucks.
I have 5 yrs experience under my belt working in customer service for an automobile dealership. I ranked the highest scores resulting in automotive sales. Another good reason to hire a person like me!
Old 2009-10-06, 2:07pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
I'm just hoping to have mine before my birthday... not that it matters that much but I'm on vacation that week so it'll be easy to have time to torch!
It's my birthday this month too. That would be an awesome present to myself.
Old 2009-10-06, 5:09pm

I ordered mine the middle of August too. I should be getting it soon?? What color did you order?

Old 2009-10-06, 9:46pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
I ordered mine the middle of August too. I should be getting it soon?? What color did you order?
I didn't have to order a special color. It already comes in my favorite color!
Old 2009-10-08, 1:24pm

Yep, I got the purple too. I don't mind waiting, as long as I know how long I will have to wait. Since I didn't know exactly how long I would have to wait (and I read someone only had to wait a month) I ordered my oxycon. It's been a pretty expensive paperweight!

Old 2009-10-08, 3:32pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Quote:
The good news is sorta good news. I have my hose, so now all I have to get are the accessories.

1. concentrator
2. regulator
3. flashback arrestor ?
4. quick attach thingie
6. propane
OMG Aleta........ I actually received my Cricket about 6 weeks ago BUT......I still need ALL this stuff to make it work. My poor little HH is sure getting a workout!!

Sandy :0)

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2009-10-08, 3:45pm

Quote:

1. concentrator
2. regulator
3. flashback arrestor ?
4. quick attach thingie
6. propane
You wont need the flahback arrestor for the concentrator. And by the way, GTT sells oxycons now. You could get the entire package from them, except to propane.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-10-08, 5:41pm
And silence is golden

that's good to know!
Old 2009-10-09, 4:54am
boro color bender

Quote:
Ya know I was gonna upgrade from my Cricket to a Scorpion in November for my anniversary. After I had so many issues getting my cricket and have heard so many stories about peeps not getting their torches or no communication from GTT I think I will be getting something else.

I asked GTT for a cleaning wire that never came with my torch 3 times and all 3 times they said they would mail me one. I never got it. It's sad they make awsome torches but their CS sucks.
Welding Supply stores or maybe even Lowe's or Home Depot have a handy little torch cleaning tool. It's got all different sized wires... couple of bucks and so worth it! It's in a little aluminum flip open case and much harder to lose than those little wires they send... not impossible to lose, because I have about 4 of them and can finally find one when I need it... most of the time anyway.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-10-11, 10:35am

I've heard if you run the torch *properly*, you might never even need the "cleaning wire"--or need it in extremely rare cases
(and really, it's just a piece of wire...I've got super-fine mandrels the same size...) I certainly wouldn't let the lack of a scrap of wire make me choose a lesser torch come time to upgrade--that would just be silly. I might order from an authorized vendor who had a torch *in stock* vs. placing a "custom order from the factory" (face it, what we've all been doing is ordering "factory direct" & expecting RETAIL STORE TYPE SERVICE)--that's how you get "retail" type service--and you generally pay MORE for that type of service.

Reality is, when you WANT "retail-type" service, you should expect to PAY for it (as in "full price", with "add on profits").
When you want "factory direct price", what you LOSE is the "pretty bells & whistles" that you get from a "retail-type" environment.
GTT is a MANUFACTURER. They MAKE torches.
They've been VERY VERY SWEET & GENEROUS about selling direct to the trade. Amazingly generous. I've been watching these threads for months now & I've been STUNNED at how rude & demanding some folks have been about "bad service" & such. If you want to be fawned over, go to a STORE where there are PAID RETAIL CLERKS & products are MARKED UP to cover those folks salaries. If you want "direct price wholesale" like a VENDOR gets (which is what you've been lucky enough to get by GTT's lovely offer to sell to YOU, small beadmakers) then put your names on the list & wait for your torches. Heck, they're even letting you DESIGN your own torch! And for AMAZINGLY REASONABLE PRICES.

They could DOUBLE the price of the cricket & it would STILL be a bargain for what it does--and they'd STILL have a wait-list--it's an amazing torch--but they've kept it fair--now how about everyone ELSE being FAIR to them & realizing that they've got a great chance to BUY DIRECT if they're just PATIENT--before GTT realizes they can just shut down all "factory direct" orders, go "wholesale to dealers only" & let DEALERS make a HUGE PROFIT on "CUSTOM ORDERS" with FANCY ORDER FORMS & make this a WAY MORE PROFITABLE DEAL FOR BOTH GTT, THE MIDDLE-DEALERS (like Kimberly, all the Small Glass Dealers like Jon, Paula, Grace, Jamey-Lynn, etc--I bet they'd LOVE to rep for GTT & get $20-$50 PER TORCH order for making up nice forms with color/style/etc for "you" & dealing with all your SH*T about "when/where/why" every two days!)

~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-10-11, 4:53pm

Quote:
I've heard if you run the torch *properly*, you might never even need the "cleaning wire"--or need it in extremely rare cases
(and really, it's just a piece of wire...I've got super-fine mandrels the same size...) I certainly wouldn't let the lack of a scrap of wire make me choose a lesser torch come time to upgrade--that would just be silly. I might order from an authorized vendor who had a torch *in stock* vs. placing a "custom order from the factory" (face it, what we've all been doing is ordering "factory direct" & expecting RETAIL STORE TYPE SERVICE)--that's how you get "retail" type service--and you generally pay MORE for that type of service.

Reality is, when you WANT "retail-type" service, you should expect to PAY for it (as in "full price", with "add on profits").
When you want "factory direct price", what you LOSE is the "pretty bells & whistles" that you get from a "retail-type" environment.
GTT is a MANUFACTURER. They MAKE torches.
They've been VERY VERY SWEET & GENEROUS about selling direct to the trade. Amazingly generous. I've been watching these threads for months now & I've been STUNNED at how rude & demanding some folks have been about "bad service" & such. If you want to be fawned over, go to a STORE where there are PAID RETAIL CLERKS & products are MARKED UP to cover those folks salaries. If you want "direct price wholesale" like a VENDOR gets (which is what you've been lucky enough to get by GTT's lovely offer to sell to YOU, small beadmakers) then put your names on the list & wait for your torches. Heck, they're even letting you DESIGN your own torch! And for AMAZINGLY REASONABLE PRICES.

They could DOUBLE the price of the cricket & it would STILL be a bargain for what it does--and they'd STILL have a wait-list--it's an amazing torch--but they've kept it fair--now how about everyone ELSE being FAIR to them & realizing that they've got a great chance to BUY DIRECT if they're just PATIENT--before GTT realizes they can just shut down all "factory direct" orders, go "wholesale to dealers only" & let DEALERS make a HUGE PROFIT on "CUSTOM ORDERS" with FANCY ORDER FORMS & make this a WAY MORE PROFITABLE DEAL FOR BOTH GTT, THE MIDDLE-DEALERS (like Kimberly, all the Small Glass Dealers like Jon, Paula, Grace, Jamey-Lynn, etc--I bet they'd LOVE to rep for GTT & get $20-$50 PER TORCH order for making up nice forms with color/style/etc for "you" & dealing with all your SH*T about "when/where/why" every two days!)

~luna
Spot On!!!

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-10-11, 8:11pm
And silence is golden

So very true Luna. I Hope that I didn't leave the impression that I was complaining! There's not a whole lot that I can do until I get the torch and the accessories. They didn't take money up front, so I'm really not out anything. It's just nice to know that mine is almost ready!
Old 2009-10-11, 8:48pm

you Aleta. I think your offer was awesome (and how cool would that be to see the factory?)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-10-11, 9:21pm
And silence is golden

It would be kinda fun to see how the torches are made!
Old 2009-10-12, 11:38am

Please don't get me wrong either. I don't want to complain. The people at GTT seem like really great and helpful people. I think my frustration comes from not knowing how long the wait will be. Perhaps if they stated a realisic wait time. Everyone is raving about the torch, so I still would have ordered it, but I would have been prepared. I think telling people up front how long the manufacturing process takes may have reduced their inquires. I'm still excited about getting my torch soon!!!

Old 2009-10-13, 5:16am
McAfee Art Glass

"Reality is, when you WANT "retail-type" service, you should expect to PAY for it (as in "full price", with "add on profits").
When you want "factory direct price", what you LOSE is the "pretty bells & whistles" that you get from a "retail-type" environment."

Great if you get a factory price, thier prices are the same as those who sell retail. Several retailers who use to sell the thier product no longer do because they had the same problem most do now, very slow getting stock.

Yes a very good torch, worth the wait maybe, but with any buisness good communication can effect your bottom line

Old 2009-10-15, 10:07am

Have you heard any new news?