Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-10-06, 10:12am

Default Trey Cornette: Fresno,CA: Oct 24th-25th 2009

Scarab Glass will be hosting Trey Cornette Oct24th-25th 2009. In this two day class, you will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Your canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which you will experiment with many types of decoration. Trey will demonstrate methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. He will demonstrate some of the beads he makes, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them. If you are interested in attending or have any questions feel free to contact us.

www.TreyCornette.com
www.ScarabGlassWorks.com
www.ScarabGlassWorks.com/calendar/

Old 2009-10-06, 10:24am
Did someone say SALE?

Don't miss this awesome class! I just took his class at ABR last month and I highly recommend it!
Old 2009-10-13, 8:44am
DSDWC

I just wanted to take a moment to invite you all to this fun filled, information packed weekend workshop at ABR Imagery. Over the past 3 years I have developed a nice teaching plan that lets me easily pass on the knowledge you need to be making beautifully shaped large scale tabs, tubes, and bicones one right after another.
Here is a quick look at a few of the subjects we will be covering.

Shaping and forming large beads using the Bench Top Marver.
Heat control and gravity, how to make it work for you!
Stringer control, 2 demos that will help you find your sweet spot and stay there.
Twisted cane challenged? We can fix that. The method I use to pull twisted cane will have you twisting with the best of them!
Stretching, dragging, twisting, and stringer work with twisted cane.
Rhythm in glass. Yep. It’s got a beat Dick and I think I can dance to it!
Millifiori flower cane pulling, cutting, application and manipulation.
Super Fine Stringer application for stems and grass.
Color combos galore, I hold no secrets.
How to get those nice puckered ends on long thin beads.
Recovering a wonky bead.
Raku Raku Raku! How to get those colors. Pulling your own cane from Kilo rods ( Much cheaper to buy that way). The Raku Ivory connection.
The Balance Connection, how to mash those large tabs and keep a nice even thickness and symmetrical width.
Tips and Tricks, little bits of info here and there that really add up.
And much more!!

I hold nothing back in my classes. Every process, technique and color combo I use is knowledge I will pass on to you. I make sure there is adequate work time after each demo so you can learn the technique. I am a hands on teacher and make sure every student is individually visited repeatedly throughout the class. It’s my goal to pass on the knowledge I have learned to you and to help you become better bead makers.
Your questions are greatly appreciated. I will do my best not only to answer them but to demo it as well. Mini demos occur throughout the day.

I know times are tough out there and many of you may be on the fence as to weather you can afford a class right now. I truly believe that my class can open new doors for you in lampworking, challenge you to create better beads, inspire you to greater heights and give you more confidence in your creativity.
Please join me for a weekend of fun.

Peace,

Trey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-21, 3:06pm
DSDWC

Packing my bags!
Looking forward to meeting all the glass folks in Fresno.
See you soon

Old 2009-11-11, 3:57pm

Default Awesome class!

Trey was here a couple of weeks ago and his class was awesome.
EVERYONE LOVED IT!

I have posted a gallery page for those interested in seeing Trey at work in the Fresno class HERE

I suggest if he is teaching near you be sure and sign up.
He is a great teacher and all round guy too.