Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-05-06, 6:24pm

Default Suggestions for classes in Italy!?

I have a fantasy of taking a lampworking class in Italy next year as a 50th bday present to myself. I have seen posts from Beaded Lily Glassworks, which is great. I'd like to have a few options to choose from. Any other suggestions? How does someone take a class at/on Murano? I've been making beads about a year, avidly! Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-06, 6:46pm
BeadsonCypress

Talk to Ofilia or search her threads......she knows EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-05-06, 6:50pm
And silence is golden

There are so many fabulous glass artists there. I would have a difficult time just picking one. But if I had to narrow it down to just the one, it would be Vittorio Constantini.
Old 2010-05-06, 11:06pm
She's Back & Burnin'

I love reading Ofilia's threads on her journeys...

Sara

Old 2010-05-07, 10:29am

Smile

Ciao tutti! And I be so bad getting my head back since I returned from this springs workshop... too many headaches with my house and other things. This weekend, I VOW to try and get some images up, new tools, workshop images and other cool images and stories. Hopefully, some of those who participated, will share as well.

Yes, contact me via my email, ofiliacinta at earthlink dot net, and I will send out details to you of some workshops next May in Murano with Lucio Bubacco and Emilio Santini. I'm only just waiting for Lucio to make one confirmation on a detail, before I send out information to potential students. This year, I've also coordinated a group in September for Lucio. Hopefully we will also do a fall workshop in 2011, time will tell.

Unfortunately, Aleta, Vittorio is not teaching at this time. He does, if he can, health providing, make a visit to Lucio's studio to make a few demos for the group. He's such a sweet heart!

Just an added note.... Tim at Beaded Lily in Florence teaches more mandrel wound beads. He and Lily are super nice folks! The guys in Murano (Lucio and now Emilio) who teach more off mandrel figurative work at the flame. As a rule, most students I've recurited are beadmakers by trade/hobby. But the figurative really teaches you about stretching that comfort level and exploration. There is also Davide Penso who teaches beadmaking both flame work and blown bead techniques from time to time.

There is also the Abate Zanetti school that reopened this year!! They have several who teach at the torch, including a good friend of mine, Paolo Cenedese who does lovely blown sea shells and delicate coral pieces. Here is a link to the school: http://www.abatezanetti.it/workshop.asp?lng=eng Check them out for sure! It's a completely eye opening experience to go to Murano and study..... such a different culture, environment, and the exporation possibilities are endless!

Check them out!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2010-05-07 at 10:42am.