No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-05-13, 5:10am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Ornela Check Glass

Is anyone in North America selling this glass these days? The colors are fantastic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-05-13, 6:02am
Lampworkaholic!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=25

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-05-19, 3:24pm

Thanks Elizabeth for posting a quick link to a previous thread recently...

I am working on an order now to carry the Czech glass...new store opening in MD and online...so I will have lots available. And a more formal announcement very soon.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-05-19, 9:22pm
Slogan Challenged...

That's so cool, Julie. A lot of folks will be pleased. Very good luck with this new venture!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-05-20, 6:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohn View Post
That's so cool, Julie. A lot of folks will be pleased. Very good luck with this new venture!
Thank you so much Kristin!!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-05-20, 7:01am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Hurray! I sure will be very happy to finally be able to buy Czech glass!!

Old 2013-05-21, 8:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethCreations View Post
Hurray! I sure will be very happy to finally be able to buy Czech glass!!
I will keep you posted! Soon......

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-05-22, 1:28am

Thank you!!!!

I bought some Czech glass years ago and loved it, I still have a few of the rods from that order and have been wondering about being able to get more. I love that glass!!!

Old 2013-05-22, 4:17am
Angie09

I've never used it ...can someone tell me more about it? Is it 104 and does it play well with other manufacturers glass? Tell me .... Tell me ....
Old 2013-05-22, 11:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
I've never used it ...can someone tell me more about it? Is it 104 and does it play well with other manufacturers glass? Tell me .... Tell me ....
Hi Angie,

I will have some more information for you very soon. But here is what I can tell you so far, straight from the manufacturer. I will be selling come composite rods that are COE 98 and mostly lampworking rods that have a COE of 104-112.

More to come.... Thanks! Julie

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-05-22, 7:00pm
T.J. made me do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Some of it plays well and some doesn't. You have to be more mindful of what you are using with it and what for. I purchased a large lot (300+ pounds)from a company that thought they would give a try selling it in the U.S. and then they changed their mind. I use it mostly for making plain disks, spacers and hollows. The transparents are the best around.

Old 2013-05-23, 9:17pm
I fart diamonds

Hey Julie, what color is this? https://www.etsy.com/listing/1242502...op_home_active (Love it!)

Old 2013-05-23, 10:21pm
Fried Cat

Looks a bit like Lauscha Wedgewood, etched but it says it has streaks of green... My guess Effetre Earth.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:27pm
Fried Cat

If it is Effetre Cool Color Earth, Julie's beads are a closer truer representation than Frantz's image. The turquoise or green isn't as bold in the beads I've seen.
Old 2013-05-23, 10:54pm
T.J. made me do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Hey Julie, what color is this? https://www.etsy.com/listing/1242502...op_home_active (Love it!)
Shardi's correct, it's Earth. I wondered why I was getting so many hits over on Etsy for this set Thanks!

Old 2013-07-14, 10:04am
Jacqueline Parkes

Just stopping in again to see when you will have the glass ready for sale? Thanks!

Old 2013-07-14, 10:16am

I hate to give anyone an idea because I am even anxious and excited. I would say maybe next month. That's my hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Just stopping in again to see when you will have the glass ready for sale? Thanks!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-10-15, 11:53am
Jacqueline Parkes

Just popping in again, is the glass ready for sale yet?

Old 2013-10-16, 10:47am
Mary Lockwood

Jacqueline, kellysglasshouse on eBay is selling off old stock ornela and czech. This shop has however been mentioned before on LE as being related to JoDel glass which had some pretty questionable business practices in the past.

I guess it just depends on what you're willing to risk and how bad you want the glass.

I ordered from them once because it was a deal I could not pass up. It was a weak moment. But I gotta tell ya, I got perfect glass, not a single rod broken, excellent communication and had my glass 2 days after I purchased it. Your mileage may vary.

Mary

edited to add: I would order from them again if they had something I wanted.