No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-02-20, 3:53pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Default EMS

I was gifted an electric mandrel spinner for my birthday. It was used only a few times before coming to its' new forever home. However, I have no clue how to use it. It didn't come with instructions and I really think it will make things easier for me in the future, if I can figure out how to use it. Can anyone give me the 50 cent tutorial on how this thing works? Please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2014-02-20, 4:08pm
Angie09

Here's the website for the guy that invented it:

http://www.bearfootart.com/

And he does YouTube videos that will really help, plus he sells on that is worth the money. I have 2 spinners and wouldn't be without one!

Here's his YouTubes:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bearfootart

Enjoy!
Old 2014-02-20, 5:02pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Thank you! I see a lot of practice in my future! I couldn't believe it when I opened the box and saw what it was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-02-20, 6:27pm
Ready to hit the road

It'll take a couple of weeks to get used to it, but once you do, it's great.

Old 2014-02-20, 6:58pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Thanks, Betsy.

Old 2014-02-20, 9:22pm

I love mine! Even if I just use it to slap down a base and then turn it off to decorate.
Old 2014-02-21, 11:50am

i couldn't work without it!!! When mine was on the fritz I bought another one right away! Now I have 2 .... just in case

and also ......
Old 2014-02-21, 1:46pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky monkey View Post
i couldn't work without it!!! When mine was on the fritz I bought another one right away! Now I have 2 .... just in case
Me too!!!
Old 2014-02-21, 3:10pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Never thought I was interested....then took a class from Julie Nordine of credit river art glass???she taught class with each of us using EMS....in less than 10 minutes she had us all EMSing away! If you have trouble, bet she would give you a pointer or two just cause she's that kind of person!

Old 2014-02-21, 3:56pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

He has the mid-sized for 25% off. Will that one do about all you need? I have been looking at them for years, and now my wrist tells me I had better buy one!!

Thanks.
Old 2014-02-21, 4:08pm
Ready to hit the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
He has the mid-sized for 25% off. Will that one do about all you need? I have been looking at them for years, and now my wrist tells me I had better buy one!!

Thanks.
Yup, that'll do Pandora size too.

Old 2014-02-21, 4:31pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks Betsy. Now to go and order that sucker!!
Old 2014-02-21, 8:03pm
one day at a time

I have never used a bead roller and I see how the EMS would be a very useful tool for shaping beads with them. Saw a Youtube video showing how it was done. Seems like the fast spinning would ensure a nice even shape and less work trying to get it that way.