Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2005-10-05, 10:47am

Default Who has an OG-15 Oxygen Generator??

...how long have you had it?

How many hours do you work per week?

Have you had to replace anything beside the 6 month filters?

What type of O2 did you use before?

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for answering I am doing a little personal research before I make another large investment.

Cheers,
Kim

Last edited by KCDesigns; 2005-10-05 at 10:54am.
Old 2005-10-05, 12:58pm
PELE

Hi Kim,

I had an OGSI OG-15 for about a year and a half. Within the first 6 months I had to send it back to have a sieve bed and fitting replaced. I was happy with its performance for the first several months after I got it back until the quality of oxy seemed to diminish, even though according to the dials everything was working fine. At that point I started to look around for other options and decided on an Integra-10 (which is called a concentrator and not a generator) from Paulette Insall. I'm so happy that I sold the OG-15, as the Integra-10 (SeQual) runs circles around it...

As to how many hours a week I used it-- roughly between 15 and 30.

I was using a 5 lpm concentrator before the OG-15. It was definitely a step up from the 5 lpm machine, but nothing compared to the oxy the Integra-10 cranks out.

Something else to consider is the location of the concentrator/generator manufacturer. If you need to send it in for repairs, shipping gets expensive and takes a while. OGSI paid to have my generator shipped one way, but not the other the first time. Since the machine was not under warranty at all when I decided to buy the Integra-10, I would have had to pay shipping both ways. Another important consideration is customer service. I have been absolutely tickled with the customer service from Paulette.

Hope this helps!

lynne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-10-05, 3:53pm
Dildo Kween!

I have had no problems with my BTES generators. They do not use the sieve system. They do not need a compressor. They do have a holding tank. It was around $6,000 for all 3

I've had them for 5 years now - they pump out 60 psi. I have a GTT Mirage.

Before then I had a Lynx with a concentrator (I helped Sara Sally get into biz by flapping my mouth about how wonderful it was)

Before that tanked o2

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-10-05, 4:08pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Airsep generator

I have been running an Airsep AS-20 for about 10 years. This has a separate compressor, which is an advantage as I use other airtools and also use it for cleaning in my shop.
I run my Carlisle CC and now also my daughter's Piranha on it. It was expensive, but so was bottled oxy here in Kodiak. Almost no maintainance.
I used it about 5-8 hrs a week until January this year when I got serious. Now use it 15-25 hrs a week. The compressor and generator are noisy so they are in a separate room in the shop.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2005-10-05, 5:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi von Frozenfyre
I have had no problems with my BTES generators. They do not use the sieve system. They do not need a compressor. They do have a holding tank. It was around $6,000 for all 3

I've had them for 5 years now - they pump out 60 psi. I have a GTT Mirage.

Before then I had a Lynx with a concentrator (I helped Sara Sally get into biz by flapping my mouth about how wonderful it was)

Before that tanked o2
heidi,

do they still make the BTES generators? if so where can I find more information about these generators?

Thanks
Old 2005-10-05, 10:58pm

Thanks SO much for the replies!! I love knowing what everyone thinks and what their experiences are. It really helps to make an informed decision.

My budget is under $2,000. for sure as far under as I can keep it....

Lynne, thanks so much for your info too, DH was ready to call and order the OG15 this evening, but I convinced him to wait.
Paulette is supposed to call me tomorrow.

I would love to hear from others too so please feel free to give me your advice

Thanks so much!!

Kim

Last edited by KCDesigns; 2005-10-05 at 11:00pm.
Old 2005-10-06, 5:01am

Rocio and I met with a new oxycon company a week ago. Rocio liked their products sooo much that she got one.
The info is.
Unlimited Oxygen "Oxygen to Burn"
The 10P is a 8-9 ltr per minute at 10-12 psi. $579
The 20P is a 10 ltr per minute at 20 psi. $887
The 20P is the one that Rocio got to run her Cuda on. They run 15,000 hours
without any manufacturer maintenance. 40 hours per week = over 7 years.
The best power in a concentrator we've found. I know Kristian at Generations has some on the way. So, if your in the market for one, give him a yell for more info.
Old 2005-10-06, 6:47am
Broom Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightbrainbeads
Hi Kim,

I had an OGSI OG-15 for about a year and a half. Within the first 6 months I had to send it back to have a sieve bed and fitting replaced. I was happy with its performance for the first several months after I got it back until the quality of oxy seemed to diminish, even though according to the dials everything was working fine. At that point I started to look around for other options and decided on an Integra-10 (which is called a concentrator and not a generator) from Paulette Insall. I'm so happy that I sold the OG-15, as the Integra-10 (SeQual) runs circles around it...

As to how many hours a week I used it-- roughly between 15 and 30.

I was using a 5 lpm concentrator before the OG-15. It was definitely a step up from the 5 lpm machine, but nothing compared to the oxy the Integra-10 cranks out.

Something else to consider is the location of the concentrator/generator manufacturer. If you need to send it in for repairs, shipping gets expensive and takes a while. OGSI paid to have my generator shipped one way, but not the other the first time. Since the machine was not under warranty at all when I decided to buy the Integra-10, I would have had to pay shipping both ways. Another important consideration is customer service. I have been absolutely tickled with the customer service from Paulette.

Hope this helps!

lynne
Hi Lynne Stupid question, but who is Paulette and what is her website? Thank-you for your help diana

Old 2005-10-06, 7:01am
It's time to sparkle

Paulette is Suncoast Beads, Inc. http://www.suncoastbeads.com/

I got my Integra 10 from her. It's $1530.00 and has paid for itself already.

I use is around 30 hours a week, give or take, for the last year. I rinse out my filter and that's all I do.
It's a little heavy, but I can lift it and lug to demos, which is a plus.
I use a Minor and it gives me all the pressure I could need (10psi plus). Many lampworkers tease me for using so much oxygen/high pressure, but hey, it's infinite air and I'm impatient.

Congrats on whatever you choose. It's the most decadent feeling!

Old 2005-10-06, 7:31am
Broom Sister

Jude Rose Thank-you for the info diana

Old 2005-10-06, 8:35am

Jude Rose,

Oh boy does that sound like me!!! Impatient and I like to work hot!!

So many choices!

Keep em coming people I love to hear all the feedback.

Thanks SO much!!!

Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rose
Paulette is Suncoast Beads, Inc. http://www.suncoastbeads.com/

I got my Integra 10 from her. It's $1530.00 and has paid for itself already.

I use is around 30 hours a week, give or take, for the last year. I rinse out my filter and that's all I do.
It's a little heavy, but I can lift it and lug to demos, which is a plus.
I use a Minor and it gives me all the pressure I could need (10psi plus). Many lampworkers tease me for using so much oxygen/high pressure, but hey, it's infinite air and I'm impatient.

Congrats on whatever you choose. It's the most decadent feeling!
Old 2005-10-06, 8:37am
<--- Time traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4GlassStudio
Rocio and I met with a new oxycon company a week ago. Rocio liked their products sooo much that she got one.
The info is.
The best power in a concentrator we've found. I know Kristian at Generations has some on the way. So, if your in the market for one, give him a yell for more info.
What is the noise level on these concentrators?

Courtney
Old 2005-10-06, 8:41am

Quote:
The info is.
WOW,

is there a website for theses concentrators?

These concentrators would blow everything else out of the water.

how do we contact kristian at generations?
Old 2005-10-06, 9:06am

Default Unlimited Oxygen

Generations
http://www.generationsglass.com/
He doesn't have the info on the web site yet, but I'm sure he is working on in right now. His number is (919)284-3807
Old 2005-10-06, 9:21am

Default sound

Sorry, I missed the other post. They run around the same sound as the other ones on the market. The 10p is REALLY quiet..... hardly any sound at all. The
20P running wide open in the middle of a trade show was still quiet enough for me to talk to someone standing on the other side of it, without needing to talk any louder than normal.
Old 2005-10-06, 9:54am
Ad astra per aspera

I have an Onyx+ from Paulette at Suncoast. I've had it just over a year. (July was a year.) It's reasonably quiet, gives me plenty of O2 for my Midrange Plus (I can even run the main burner and the premix at the same time). I used bottled oxygen before (slogged a 122 tank up and down a flight of inside and a flight of outside stairs for each refill trip). I'm on the Onyx+ and NG now, and it's fantastic! No pressures to mess with, just a quick warmup with the Onyx and I'm good to go all day. The only "maintenance" I have to do is to clean the foam filter. I did it weekly when I was outside on a balcony (dust is killer) but I figure now that I'm inside once a month will be fine. When I'm working "full time" it runs 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I figured the savings in gas to drive to the welding supply plus the cost of the bottled 02 gave me payback in a year. The wear and tear on DH's back (and me having to listen to him).....priceless!

Old 2005-10-06, 10:14am

I can’t wait for these units. These sound like they will blow everything else out of the water. The biggest thing is the price point is unbelievable compared to other units on the market.

Finally,

I could get two P-20 and connect them together and get 20 LPM at 20 PSI for under $2000.00.

YES YES YES !!!

Revolution

about time someone came out with a real solution that priced reasonably
Old 2005-10-06, 11:54am
PELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDesigns
Jude Rose,

Oh boy does that sound like me!!! Impatient and I like to work hot!!
Kim, you'd like the Integra 10 then! I have a Barracuda (a minor fact that I neglected to mention yesterday ) and even with the outer ring blasting away I've never had it past 7.5 lpm.

These units of Christian's look good too, though! And Christian is a great guy to deal with!

Jude, thanks for providing a link to Paulette's site... I didn't check back in yesterday...

lynne

Old 2005-10-06, 1:16pm

During the demos at the trade show, I was making x-mas ornaments with one inch color scallop boro tubing. We set the 20P to a "close to" max setting. The Cuda pulled
6-7 liters per minute on the center fire, then would go to 10 liters per minute when I ran the outer fire. Of course, this was making boro ornaments, so I was using a wide flame.
Ron Jr.
Old 2005-10-06, 10:05pm

Quote:
The info is.
Wow! Thanks for this information! ~Leiza

Old 2005-10-06, 11:42pm

Default Who has an Oxygen Generator?

Quote:
During the demos at the trade show, I was making x-mas ornaments with one inch color scallop boro tubing. We set the 20P to a "close to" max setting. The Cuda pulled
6-7 liters per minute on the center fire, then would go to 10 liters per minute when I ran the outer fire. Of course, this was making boro ornaments, so I was using a wide flame.
Ron Jr.
Ron....

Do you think one P-20 would run a GTT Cheetah? In soft glass I use half a 281 tank in one day, does this unit put out enough for that? Thanks for the info.!
Vickie
Old 2005-10-07, 4:27am

Vickie, I know Willy from GTT ran a Phantom on the "old" version of the 20P at the gathering. It would really depend on how you run the torch. It would power it, but you would probably not have that "wide open" fast flame on the top end. We do have a new machine being worked on... a 30 PSI and 20 LPM. The company has not given us pricing yet. You could always run two units if one doesn't fit your working style.
Old 2005-10-07, 5:50am

The 'magic machine'. Sounds great! But isn't it, in fact, a 'modified', reconditioned unit? It is a millenium 10 made by Respironics. Sounds good...just 'look before you leap'.

Old 2005-10-07, 1:59pm

The Unlimited Oxygen units use the case of the Millennium 10, however the inside is all new and modified parts. These concentrators are designed to run 15,000 hours before needing manufacturer maintenance.

The reputation of Generations Glass is based on the quality products and service we have always provided. We are proud to add the Unlimited Oxygen Concentrator to the current line of quality products available at Generations Glass.
Old 2005-10-07, 4:51pm

Kristian,
I was in no way inferring anything to dispute your reputation...but if you are selling a 'modified' unit, you have to let the people know.

Most concentrators will last about 20,000 -26,000 hours before needing service. If you turn up the inner pressures or run a machine over it's top...the seive beds are going to blow in about 6 months...

Paulette

Old 2005-10-07, 5:01pm

Quote:
Vickie, I know Willy from GTT ran a Phantom on the "old" version of the 20P at the gathering. It would really depend on how you run the torch. It would power it, but you would probably not have that "wide open" fast flame on the top end. We do have a new machine being worked on... a 30 PSI and 20 LPM. The company has not given us pricing yet. You could always run two units if one doesn't fit your working style.
Yo,

This would rock!!!

I would love a 20 LPM @ 30 PSI unit.

Do you have a guess as to when the time table will be before this new unit your working on is avaiable?

Please, Please, Please hurry!!!
Old 2005-10-08, 5:40am

Paulette, that is 15000 hrs after the modifications.

I didn't feel that you were disputing our reputation. I just want to let people know that we would not offer a product that we do not think is of the quality and service we are known for.