Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-12-06, 1:49pm
Dead man walking

Hmmmm, flamestruck, I've gotten blues, purples, cream etc.
Old 2007-12-06, 3:02pm
Torch junkie

This dragon was made with the glasstique dragons eye glass. I worked it in a neutral to slightly oxydizing flame. Then after it was finished I reduced it slightly to bring some of the metals to the surface then annealed for 1 hr at 1050. The wings are made from amber purple. I love the greens, blues and copper that showed up in the Dragons eye glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2007-12-06, 3:41pm
Hummel factory reject

Nice Rog.! Gives me incentive to have a go at my bundle of D.E.. I like your use of color and dichro on the neck area.

Old 2007-12-06, 5:03pm
stacijane on Etsy

That dragon is fantastic!

Old 2007-12-06, 5:20pm
Melting for Glass!

What a cool Dragon! WOW!

Cecilia

Old 2007-12-06, 5:33pm

AWESOME Dragon!!!

Here's my second attempt at a boro turtle. SS5, Green Amber Purple and...I forget what else. Have to look at my notes.

And a pendant I made today for my sister as a Christmas gift. Again, I don't have my notes in front of me to tell you the colors of the beads.

Old 2007-12-06, 7:26pm

GA Black Ruby w. SS5 frit
Looks ugly going in the kiln, worked hot annealed at 1050 1 hour

Love all the colors and wonderful things every one is doing!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-06, 7:48pm
Satake Woman!

Wow, I really like that black ruby.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-12-07, 5:15am

Oh boy, my hubby just brought me a box that has been out all night. It's Black Ruby. And Dragon's Eye.

Great work everyone! Can't wait to play with these new colors. We are so lucky, we have Christmas year round, with all these new colors that come out.

Old 2007-12-07, 10:41am
Torch junkie

That black ruby looks awesome and would probably make some nice red dragons. I think I need some.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2007-12-07, 10:58am

Rog, I was thinking the same thing, but I do not have your skill with the dragons, the one you did above is.....WOW!!!

Old 2007-12-07, 12:33pm

Roger, that's the coolest most colorful dragon I've seen. Those eyes! That takes a lot of talent.

Heidi, your wirewrapped pendant is very impressive. Somebody is very lucky

Kare, with Valentines Day just around the corner that heart should be just the ticket for someone. Very pretty colors in both beads.

Old 2007-12-07, 3:03pm
Torch junkie

Thanks Kare and Rose. The eyes are just a matter of making a murrinni cane with the desired pupil shape and iris color, but I have learned the eyes are the most important part of making critters. If the eyes are right, it doesn't matter what kind of critter you make the eyes will bring it to life and add a lot of realism.

Old 2007-12-07, 6:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassroger View Post
Thanks Kare and Rose. The eyes are just a matter of making a murrinni cane with the desired pupil shape and iris color, but I have learned the eyes are the most important part of making critters. If the eyes are right, it doesn't matter what kind of critter you make the eyes will bring it to life and add a lot of realism.
Beautiful work!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-12-07, 7:10pm
Torch junkie

Thanks Mort.

Heres an alien sculpture that I made last week, when I was thinking of a gift for a friend. The torso is made from Momkas pistachio, but I had some problems with that color having some compatibility issues. The rest of the body is made from NS Butterscotch and the base is made with GA frit blends.

Old 2007-12-07, 7:31pm

Wow Rog, the dragon and alien are cool. I really love the colors you got in the dragon.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-12-07, 7:46pm

I thought the alien was that little trolly guy from Harry Potter! He's great!

Old 2007-12-08, 8:26am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
I thought the alien was that little trolly guy from Harry Potter! He's great!
Doby the House Elf! LOL

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-12-08, 11:34am
Satake Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Doby the House Elf! LOL
That was my first thought too!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-12-08, 7:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Doby the House Elf! LOL
YES! HIM!

Old 2007-12-09, 5:50pm

Wow! Love the dragon and the alien/elf. I have sculptural things in my head but don't know how to produce them in glass...

Sandy
Old 2007-12-09, 6:59pm

My MIL loves birds, hummers being her favorites, so had to give it a shot. My first hummingbird, definitely room for improvement...but it's a start.

Sorry it's so blurry, hard to hold and not shake.

Old 2007-12-10, 4:01pm
Hummel factory reject

Heidi, your little hummer is sweet!

Working on some ornaments and here are two. A large shell and a blown orb.

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:59am.
Old 2007-12-10, 6:22pm

Ooooo, Lori, those are so pretty!

Here is a purple luster flower...

Old 2007-12-10, 11:37pm

I made this piece Tuesday when I thought I was getting over the bug I caught on a business trip. I just felt well enough today to take some photos of it. I am not happy with the photo, I really need to get a permanent photo area set up again so I can get good lighting and backgrounds.

The dragon is five inches tall and two and a half inches wide.

I used a white coated clear rod striped with Cobalt, Carmel, and Amber Purple for the body. The wings are Cobalt. The base is clear with a coating of Carmel, Dark Garnet, DAP, and Raven frits. The lava/flames are Asian Red, Asian Amber, DAP, and Garnet.

This is about the biggest piece I can barely fit in my wife's BlueBird. I really need to figure out why my other kiln is not holding temperature soon. Fifty degree swings in temp with the door closed is not going to work for annealing.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-12-11, 6:06am

Nice dragon Paul ... Kiko I love your ornaments really cool colors ... mmmmm purple luster Heidi.

Sals
Old 2007-12-11, 9:03am
The Venerable Bead

wow I need to get back in here there's a whole lot of talent going on!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-12-11, 9:05am
The Venerable Bead

here's a special order pendant. the customer wanted large and this baby is 1 1/4 inches in diameter which is big for me. here is a little angel. my first (don't laugh like my kids did)I'm learning to make angels from doug's ornament dvd
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-12-11, 9:09am
The Venerable Bead

and here is a key.
Attached Images

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-12-11, 9:12am

Hey, I like the angel. Nice work