Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-08, 3:09pm
Lampworker

Default glass stock 09

had a great time in south beach. lots of great glassblowers sharing, glad i could help and be apart of it. made some new friends in the glass community.

thanks deb for inviting me.
Old 2009-09-08, 3:22pm
I'm meeeeelting

The best time ever. Deb and crew, you rocked it!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-08, 5:01pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Best time evah.
I'm gonna sleep for a year.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-09-08, 5:07pm
Type ZZZ personality

You and me both sistah!

okay, oldschooltofu, who are you?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-09-08, 9:49pm
just another glass addict

My mind will never be the same!! And I'm so grateful for it, THANKS DEB!!!!!

Polly

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2009-09-08, 10:03pm
Angel's Mom

Amazing. Just amazing! That's what I was thinking the entire time. The awesome instructors and other attendees were generous sharing their talents and I learned so much more than I expected to. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Thanks Deb & everyone who worked so hard to make it happen!
Old 2009-09-08, 11:22pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Ahh, OldSchool! You're the one with the rockin' studio!

GS was an experience of a lifetime!! And ditto the big thanks to Deb and all the assistants!

Old 2009-09-09, 10:02am
Bitten by the travel bug

It was amazing - anyone who ever thinks they might have the chance ot go - get yourself in that draw, as it was well worth every penny I paid to get here from australia. The rest of you got a bargain

Old 2009-09-09, 10:03am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzFromOz View Post
It was amazing - anyone who ever thinks they might have the chance ot go - get yourself in that draw, as it was well worth every penny I paid to get here from australia. The rest of you got a bargain
Next time, bring more cookies .
2die4 - mmmmmmmmm.

Old 2009-09-09, 10:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
You and me both sistah!

okay, oldschooltofu, who are you?
Patti, oldschooltofu is Kevin, (rockin the mohawk). He was my man whore and made me the most awesome goblet. Thanks again Kevin!
I also had a great time thanks to all that participated. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Deb.
Also hats off to my housemates. Great conversation and lots of laughs.
Miss you all already.

Lynn
Old 2009-09-09, 10:28am
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
The rest of you got a bargain
We know it.

Quote:
Next time, bring more cookies .
2die4 - mmmmmmmmm.
Word.

Kevin, thanks for hanging out with us in the soft glass room. It was a blast!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-09, 10:57am
Master Procrastinator

My mind is racing with all the ideas, love & gratitude for being able to be a part of such a fabulous event, for all that I've learned & the fab people I met!

Old 2009-09-09, 1:07pm
Lampworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Burgess View Post
Patti, oldschooltofu is Kevin, (rockin the mohawk). He was my man whore and made me the most awesome goblet. Thanks again Kevin!
I also had a great time thanks to all that participated. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Deb.
Also hats off to my housemates. Great conversation and lots of laughs.
Miss you all already.

Lynn

no im ryan...the guy with the delta-mag

btw if anyone has any pics of the whistera and slime gobblet i made on sunday, i would really appreceate a pic
Old 2009-09-09, 1:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

You know we were all drooling over your torch.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-09, 3:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooltofu View Post
no im ryan...the guy with the delta-mag

btw if anyone has any pics of the whistera and slime gobblet i made on sunday, i would really appreceate a pic
Ryan, I apologize. When I met Kevin at G.S. we started talking about the EX 2000 oxy refill system and he told me at that time that it was him on L.E. as oldschooltofu sharing his experience with the set up. I don't know why he would say that.
Not only did your torch rock, but so did your work.
Sorry again for the mistaken identity.

Lynn
Old 2009-09-09, 6:20pm
Lampworker

thats ok...if you have any questions about the ex2000 filling station let me know. it is working out great for me 6500# per week.
Old 2009-09-09, 6:31pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Lynn, can you post a pic of Kevin's goblet - I saw it being made but Id love to see the finished product.

Old 2009-09-09, 11:42pm

Ryan, thanks for helping me make my first marble less wonky.

Ditto, thanks to Deb for all the work putting GS together and to all the staff who helped make it a resounding success! (I've already chosen my classes for next year without knowing what will be offered--wishful thinking.)
Old 2009-09-10, 7:51am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Ryan, that goblet you made with the wisteria and the Slyme was to
die for. Hope you find pics of it.

Old 2009-09-10, 9:13am

I got a shot or your goblet Ryan, it's beautiful! It was in the kiln when I took the picture so it's not the best shot, but here it is. I'll also post it to FB and tag you.
Attached Images

Old 2009-09-10, 11:20am
I'm meeeeelting

That's cool!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2009-09-10, 4:30pm
Master Procrastinator

Very cool! I remember seeing it & thinking how awesome the colors were. Great job Ryan!

Old 2009-09-10, 6:10pm

Thanks to everyone that made this an incredible weekend.
I'm still on information overload, so I may have not thanked each person that made this a memorable experience. Great roomies, generous and helpful people everone, wonderful class experiences. I applaud all who made this great.
Joan
Old 2009-09-11, 7:26am
ManBearPig

Is there a web site or mailing list for this event? I'd like to try to make it next year, but I'll need some kind of reminder when it comes up again...

Old 2009-09-11, 8:16am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone! WELL, we DID move that mountain and had the best time in spite of so many hurdles! It shows you just can't stop a vision shared by so many! I am brain dead but SOOOO happy, for me it was the best year YET!

Ryan, I will take some better pics of the goblet and it will be going to TAG, I did want to give Jenny a hard time, lol! Not only does Paul deserve it but Ryan also deserves the recognition (just like Jeri's crown that she gave me last year and I gave it to GA for their case, better for the artist to have their work displayed. She was thrilled that I made that choice!)

I have lots more to post but with some wonderful friends still here helping clean up and sort I am still overwhelmed. We did sneak away for a lovely picnic at the beach yesterday for the whole afternoon, it was a great way to reflect on all the wonderous things that happened!

Thank you to our sponsors, to every person who made it great by attending, to Vanessa who tried so hard, to Bernie the goddess of organization and coffee, to John (my hero), Calen, Kevin, Adam, Dolores and Josh who jumped in as my tech crew, you're HIRED ya hear? Be counting on you boys next year, besides, good for the eyes too, lol!!

Also to Bandhu, Jenny and my instructors who stuck with me....who had faith in me and stuck to their commitments, you all ROCK!

And the highlight of 22 people sleeping everywhere Sunday morning, that was so awesome!!! Even around the fire pit, so sweet! More pics of blowing glass outta that pit later...we went to 3-4 am every night, who knew it would be so great!
The man auction, what can I say, could have sold that video, ha ha ha, Didi, you are AWESOME!! It was the best yet, we have some great ideas for next year but will put the "show me something" boyz at the end.....wow, that was tooooo fun! Thanks boys, I love ya! Even Bandhu up there, thanks so much B!

Next year is gonna be so killer, we have some GREAT things already in the works for GS10!!

Much love, gratitude and my super happy muse, hugs, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2009-09-11 at 8:28am.
Old 2009-09-11, 10:51am

It was awesome!! Deb, thanks so much for hanging in there and getting us a place so we could still do our thing. I had great teachers, Patty - I LOVE my blown vessels, Doretha, am trying a second necklace, Josh, Jenny and Bernie, thanks a bunch, and John - my second turtle turned out pretty darn good, fins still need some work but he sits straight and looks up at me .

This was a trip I will never forget, so awesome. thanks to all the "helpers", too, and loved meeting lots of new friends. Thanks everyone.
Melody

Old 2009-09-11, 10:56am
I'm meeeeelting

It's so wrong that we have to wait a whole year to do it again, but, Deb, this will help us get through the winter.

I'm getting my butt into the studio tonight to practice some of the things I learned.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-09-11 at 11:04am.
Old 2009-09-11, 3:25pm

Huge thanks to Deb and crew that made this such a terrific weekend.
Wish I could've split me into pieces to take it all in. But I'll be back next year to play again.
Joan
Old 2009-09-11, 4:52pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Melody, I wanted to thank you this morning too, my bad! That quilt is exquisite, the signatures are so precious! I haven't had the strength to read and take in ALL the love in that blanket! I am going to take a night soon, light a nice fire and snuggle with all of you and your warmth!!

You are so awesome for doing that Melody, you will make my winter nice and warm, BIG hugs and love your way

Felicia, I know...wahh.....11 months 3 weeks......you are so cute!

Joan, thank you, and to all who posted here already!

I will be back tomorrow with more thanks.....the staff REALLY rocked it t his year....I want to say it takes ALL of us to make it happen, the teachers, tech team and attendees, what a fabulous group this year!! Really the best yet!

Off to print labels for the sponsor boxes.....thank you all for the huge smile and pure joy I feel today!
xoxo deb

Old 2009-09-11, 4:56pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh, last but in NO way least, Lynn, you are SO awesome!!! THANK YOU for being you, so talented, sweet, smart, just adorable! I want to be just like you when I grow up, what class and wisdom you have!
I need to have an actual address for ya....in the next few weeks.....be watching the mail for your prize xoxoxoxo d