LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-03-30, 2:46pm

Default Pre bubble shine tubes !

A friend gave me a pack of rods (with unidentified COE). the first problem it is to find the COE (i am working on that). The mystery has to do with with some shine tubes of 5-6 mm of diameter and 1 mm walls. When i start to warm them on torch they start to make very small air bubbles (hundreds of them). It looks very funny but until now i have never read or see this kind of effect (only in fusing ).
So does any one know this kind of tubes? company and COE ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aude sapere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-03-30, 3:02pm

Sounds like the seeded glass tubes I have, which are 104 COE. Got a picture?

Old 2014-03-30, 4:47pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Agree wit DOC. Sounds like seeded glass. I love that stuff.

Ebay:
Old 2014-03-30, 6:28pm

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....keyword=seeded
These? It sounds like seeded tubes to me too. Lovely stuff. I miss the aqua so bad.

Old 2014-03-31, 3:41am

Ooooooooh, sounds intriguing! Must explore!

Old 2014-03-31, 8:54am

If they are 104 it is ok. I'll make some photos, and post them.

Aude sapere.

Old 2014-04-01, 3:25am
Slogan Challenged...

Lucky if they are, a lot of colors are hard to find. I'm not sure they are even still in production. Might be something to ask Mike.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-04-02, 11:11am

here is a photo of the rods and a very small 'blowing' first attempt !

Aude sapere.

Old 2014-04-02, 12:22pm

Effetre Seeded Glass. It's fantastic, the green is the rarest of what you have from what I've seen. It makes wonderful beer mug beads.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon