Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-11-11, 12:41pm

Smile Lampwork Flat Tab with 2 Parallel Holes?

Has anyone ever made these? Is it even possible? I have an idea for a bracelet, but I'm trying to work out how I can do this- bend the mandrels and then connect them? Is there a mandrel already out there? Anyhow, if anyone has tried this, can you let me know how you did it? Or if it's completely crazy, let me know that too Thanks for any input you have, Laura

I'm not making buttons, I'm thinking flat tabs with 2 holes that run parallel end to end that I can use for a cuff bracelet with a nice box clasp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-11-11, 12:49pm

Zoozii's do some, but they are expensive. Janet
Old 2011-11-11, 1:33pm

I reckon if you used a tradesbear button mandrel and just a wide tab press that should be fairly easy ...... did you want me to try it out in the next few days and get back to you with how it went?

I haven't really seen much of that sort of thing around, its a great idea Laura. I like the tradesbear button mandrel because you can choose 2 or 4 holes and to a degree how wide apart they are using just regular mandrels, so you could put the glass footprint down wide and then press I am thinking.

Nat

Old 2011-11-11, 4:05pm

Smile

Thanks Nat for the generous offer, but I don't want you to go to any trouble. I just thought this was something that may have been tried before. I might rig something up this weekend and see what I can some up with. If I am in any way successful, I'll post my results here-haha! We'll see, sometimes things work, sometimes, well, you know, not so much

I love the wide cuff bracelets, but the lampwork tabs flop around. My thinking was with 2 holes they would stay parallel and straight JKC- I will definitely check out the Zoozi's site and see what kinds of things they have- thanks so much for the info Laura

Old 2011-11-12, 11:47am
Certified Thread Killer

I bought 2-hole button mandrels from Arrow Springs some time ago exactly for that same reason…2-hole bracelet beads. Inexpensive and they work just fine.

http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/mandrels_tubes.html

HOWEVER…I'm totally drooling over the Zooszii's [sp?] 2-hole presses…!